Undergrad GPAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is looked at more?

• Total voters

medgalx

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering how my GPA would look to med schools

Basically, I started off as a nursing major and eventually switched at the end of my sophomore year.

My freshman gpas were: 3.813/3.94
Sophomore: 3.25/4.0
Currently: 3.62 and potentially this semester I think around 3.4

Do you think this will concern med schools? I only think this because my gpas have no real trend but I also went from taking one science class to now taking three science classes in one semester. Also, if I continue to increase my gpa for the rest of my time, would this not even matter?

Members don't see this ad.

To my knowledge, the last 60 credit hours are observed and medical schools do like to see an upward trend in terms of your GPA. Furthermore, classes like physics and organic chemistry are considered 'weed-out' courses, so it's not unexpected that students who take these courses will have lower GPAs in comparison to previous/latter semesters.

Just make sure you do well for the rest of your time in your undergrad and you should be good! Remember that more than just the GPA is taken into consideration during the admissions process!

Reactions: 1 user