Undergrad: going to a buch of different schools look bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GallopRealyFast

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, So I did a community college which I loved for two years and had to transfer to a 4-year school (to get a bacc) and I totally hate it there, I have not had one sane professor there, and the office people are so nasty and rude, and unorganized may I add (losing my papers) I want to get out.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Is it going to look bad or like I am unstable going to 3 different undergrad schools (possibly 4 to take online animal nutrition classes) when applying?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. A lot of us have had to go to > 1 school for various reasons - moving for work, school #1 doesn't offer a certain prereq but school #2 does, etc. I submitted 4 transcripts with my application and know there are people out there with more than that!

It certainly didn't hurt me! (I got into 3 schools last year.) I received my undergraduate degree in political science from one institution, did most of my pre-reqs at another, and took two pre-reqs at yet a third. I think schools are understanding that everyone has a different path to get there. The only way it will hurt is is all those darn transcript fees!

Members don't see this ad :)
All I have to say on this topic is that I was admitted to 4 and I had 7 different transcripts.

If it's not right, fix it.

i had several schools:

1. community college for my AA
2. transferred to 4-yr to get BS
3. got MS at another school
4. took 1 class at local 4-yr for my education certification
5. took independent study for animal nutrition course

I've gone to 5 colleges. Transcrips were such a pain. :(

5 undergrad transcripts for me. I was a little nervous that it would look bad too. The director of admissions at Cornell told me that that's actually typical for non-traditional applicants and that's it's not an issue.

Good luck.