UNC interviewees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody interviewing at UNC-Chapel Hill for derm this year?

Members don't see this ad.

but i'm looking to switch my date, because it's conflicting with another program... are you interviewing there, and if so, would you be willing to switch? i have 1/18, and would like any other date... i know this is a long shot, but i don't have that many interviews and i would hate to cancel one of them because of a conflict. you can reply here or email me [email protected] - thanks a bunch!

by the way, i've heard really awesome things about the program and the city, so i'm excited!!

not much help at all here, but the "unc derm" topic caught my eye. i worked for three years in the dermatopathology clinic for unc-ch hospitals as an undergrad. i spent a fair amount of time in the va clinic amongst derm residents. everyone seemed to be enjoying their experience and i know the staff to all have been very helpful. i simply wanted to say congrats on being offered an interview to 1. unc and 2. in dermatology residency. i hope to find myself in the same position one day. chapel hill is a beautiful college town. you will love it, as you already seem to know.
GOOD LUCK!
do you have any tips for working towards becoming a dermatologist? i'll have hopefully no more than a year between my master's program and medical school to play around with as well. what might be good experience for then? what has helped you along the way? what kind of outside experience (as in outside studying for exams) throughout med school? anything i need to know that you wish someone had told you before, etc?? sorry these questions don't fit in this forum topic, perhaps we can arrange a new one elsewhere. :) thank you