Is it uncommon for residents to do 2 derm fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if its uncommon for derm residents to do more than 1 fellowship, say peds and mohs.

Members don't see this ad.

Very uncommon, but it has been done.

Thinking about it some more, I have encountered someone who did peds and Mohs, and a few who have done dermpath and Mohs. Not aware of anyone who has done peds and dermpath though, but I bet such a person exists.

Very uncommon, but it has been done.

Thinking about it some more, I have encountered someone who did peds and Mohs, and a few who have done dermpath and Mohs. Not aware of anyone who has done peds and dermpath though, but I bet such a person exists.

Dr. Prok at U. Colorado is trained in Peds, Derm, and Dermpath. TRIFECTA!
http://www.cudermpath.com/Derm.aspx

I also know of a few people that have dual fellowship training in Dermpath - Mohs or Mohs - Peds. Dermpath - Mohs training can be useful advantage, especially for melanocytic lesions. But I don't see the purpose of Mohs - Peds training because they are polar opposites of each other.

Agree with above, training in 2 fellowships is rare. If found, these people are typically Academic types that truly love to learn.