UNC, Duke, Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MSII here, just wondering if anyone could give me any info about the locations areas for these programs? How is it to live around there, traffic, things to do, how far to get to a place for lots to do, etc. Any info would be appreciated, I'm not from around there. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Duke, UNC, and Wake were my top three and I am happy to answer any more specific questions over PM...lots of people are in love with the pace of life in the big city, and if you are one of those, these are likely not the best programs for you. I went to college in the northeast, but I happily returned to north carolina for medical school -- the pace of life is more to my liking. Cars are a part of daily life, for better or worse, except for the uber-tree huggers who can be seen biking. Moderate amount of things to do -- but I believe in truth in advertising and as great as our area is, IT DOES NOT AT ALL COMPARE TO THE MAJOR URBAN AREAS.

Shouldn't you be studying for Step 1? First things first... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
yomanjr said:
Shouldn't you be studying for Step 1? First things first... :thumbup:

someone is definately getting a little ahead of him/herself. ;)

bof said:
someone is definately getting a little ahead of him/herself. ;)

well not really..i wanted to try and do an away rotation in one of those hospitals if possible. we have to put in for our rotations early. thank you for the info though