[un]finished pre-reqs for applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thaowey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ello! so just wondering....do you have to finish ALL of the pre-reqs by the time applications are due [Oct]??

like....can you still apply [and have a shot at getting in] if you're registered//planning to finish the rest of those pre-reqs by that Spring term before "going" to vet school?

Members don't see this ad.

like....can you still apply [and have a shot at getting in] if you're registered//planning to finish the rest of those pre-reqs by that Spring term before "going" to vet school?

Different schools have different standards for what courses can be in progress in fall and spring semesters. I think most schools allow a few to be in progress, but it varies from school to school.

Check with the schools your going to be applying to, some will allow you to have up to 12 credits of pre-reqs to be finished but you have to have one semester of any 2 semester sequence underway this fall.
For example, if your are taking BioChem 1 and 2 and the school requires it, you have to start BioChem 1 this fall. Makes sense.
Also, some of them have dates to have pre-reqs done, like may 2010 before entry into vet program that fall. I think most just want them done the spring semester before you go, some may let you finish them the summer before you go but that depends on the school.

I agree check with each school you plan to apply to

Some let you have a certain number (or certain classes) and others don't.

I hit submit on my app with only 5 science-pre-reqs (I did another 9 courses after that).