UMES School of Pharmacy Interview Feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdoctorintown

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have an interview for UMES on February 22nd, 2010 and will like to know what exactly I should expect. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have an interview there on the 22nd as well so any suggestions would help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I guess is basically standard with all schools. I had an interview with the University of Charleston last Friday and they asked us to keep their questions confidential as well.

not sure what you're trying to say there but I guess you want information about any school interview?

Anybody have feedback, Inquiring minds want to know!

I just had an interview and It was long but very personal. You will have 3 interviewers with each of them asking you 10 questions a piece. Then there will be a group discussion/interview where you are to discuss a solution to a scenario. Don't worry folks there's still plenty of seats, only 10 people have been accepted thus far and they will have interviews very well into April...:)

Good luck, I hope you get in. How long did it take them to get back to you? I submitted my applications in January (and PharmCAS mailed it to them by the end of January) but I have yet to even receive an acknowledgment of my application. I got acknowledgment receipts from the rest of the pharmacy schools that I applied to but nothing from UMES. Should I call them or continue to wait? Do you think I haven't heard anything because my stats are low (3.58 cum GPA, 3.2 science GPA, but 56 percentile :-( )

UMES used to be my number 1 choice but after reading that they received 800+ applicants, I'm just thankful that I applied to 9 other pharmacy schools for the fall.

Good luck, I hope you get in. How long did it take them to get back to you? I submitted my applications in January (and PharmCAS mailed it to them by the end of January) but I have yet to even receive an acknowledgment of my application. I got acknowledgment receipts from the rest of the pharmacy schools that I applied to but nothing from UMES. Should I call them or continue to wait? Do you think I haven't heard anything because my stats are low (3.58 cum GPA, 3.2 science GPA, but 56 percentile :-( )

UMES used to be my number 1 choice but after reading that they received 800+ applicants, I'm just thankful that I applied to 9 other pharmacy schools for the fall.

Hey I would just call them first thing tomm. Talk to Mrs. William-Folkes. When I went on interview last week they said they're doing a bunch of interviews this month and that they got alot of applications last minute. UMES actually got all my documents like the first week of feb. and contacted me for an interview within a week! I think you have a great shot but may need to remind them of your app. goodluck & let me know if you have any other questions. :luck:

Any advice on the interview process at UMES?

Hey I responded to you on one of the other UMES Post, check that, otherwise I was pretty laid back/ a little intense in some instances but overall they want to get to know you.

Hello everyone!
I'm super excited, I just got an interview invitation and it's for this Friday jan 13 201. And I need help preparing for it. Does anyone know what kind of questions I will be asked and anything else specific about the interview process