UMDNJ Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard that for md schools- if you got accepted to two schools you have to choose one by may 15th... is this true and does this apply for DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

There is only 1 sure way to ensure that you will not get an acceptance:

Do not apply.

You will never know, unless you do.
I agree with EMT2ER-DOC. Before I applied, I thought I wouldn't have a chance with UMDNJ-SOM 'cause my MCAT is low. However, when I actually applied, I am surprised with how fast I got interview and acceptance. You never know until you apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
i called adm office but no one picked up. Any idea when the next adcom meeting is. I hope it is this Friday.

Well the *****s sent me a rejection letter today after accepting me and having me withdraw earlier this year...so I suspect something may have gone on with the adcom today.

Well the *****s sent me a rejection letter today after accepting me and having me withdraw earlier this year...so I suspect something may have gone on with the adcom today.

I think your choice of words need some thinking. We understand that you withdrew your application, you got into an MD school, and you did not want to go DO anyway. There is no need to talk nasty about a school like you just did when all you did was interview there.

The people you are calling *****s, are very nice people that you do not even know. Other than the few minutes you spent in the admissions office you do not know anyone there nor do you know who you are speaking about. There are specific protocols that need to be followed and everything has to be in writing.

I suggest you follow the saying "If you cannot say something nice, do not say anything at all".

Of words I could have used, *****ic wasn't that harsh. If you would prefer me to call them kind but disorganized and incompetent, that's also accurate. I don't think "*****ic" implies anything about them being unkind, and I wasn't referring to anybody in particular, since I don't know which of the kind people there is very reckless with a very important process. Other applicants have a right to know when/how often/how badly a school's admit office "messes up," b/c it prepares them to anticipate needing to intervene when they apply to make sure everything goes better/properly with their application. Med schools aren't people, and when they mess up and don't offer apologies/remedies, it's not "unkind" to tell the truth about it.

1) I didn't just interact with them on my admissions day. You wouldn't know that. And during my admissions day, I was one of 4 interviewees, and spent over 2 hours sitting and chatting with the people in the office--one of whom I met was very kind, indeed. However, sending a rejection letter to someone who has not been rejected, to me is rude. I followed every protocol available, including withdrawing in writing, phone, and email, and it is ridiculous of you to assume I didn't. Admissions are competitive, however a post-interview rejection of someone with otherwise well-qualified stats/EC's/research/motivation is something I think it is fair to take personally--it means the interviewer thought you were "off" somehow. NO APPLICANT should be subjected to further rejection because a school can't keep its files organized...it nicely fits with your "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" idea...if you've withdrawn, you shouldn't receive a rejection, the office should "not say anything at all."

2) If you would like another glimpse into the problems of the admissions office, I submitted ALL of my materials early. Earlier than I did to many other D.O. programs, b/c I am in state for UMDNJ. Month after month I called to see if it was accurate that I hadn't heard anything...month after month the person checking my file assured me it was complete, and that not everybody gets interviews. In the meantime, I was accepted to other DO programs and put down 2 deposits to schools that interviewed me while UMDNJ sat on its butt ($2000 I don't have to throw out the window at schools I would not have preferred to UMDNJ). Finally, I called another time, and the person looking in my file tells me "oh we don't have any LORs for you!" Turns out they never downloaded them from Interfolio! Well, I've called multiple times to check if there was a mistake, and been told everything was complete? Then I get the talk from the dean about how "not everybody gets interviews, anyways" until she sees my residency and MCAT scores and admits that there was a mistake made in not sending my app for review. After all the back-peddaling I was offered an interview the next day for ASAP...after losing my $2000 to the other DO programs. Had they told me my info was incomplete the first half dozen times I checked, I would have been interviewed as early/earlier than at the other DO schools and would have had a decision before I paid at least $1500 of those deposits.

I think some of the admissions staff is nice, but the incompetency I saw during my admission process was disrespectful of every bit of effort we put into the application process.

3) When did I say I didn't want to go DO? And what does that have to do with this? I was entirely seriously considering DO, and there were DO programs I would definitely have taken over MD admissions--including UMDNJ. And I very well might take an OMM supplement to my MD education. I feel the best medical education possible is the one I want, and for me that was in part qualified by access to minority/underserved populations during my education. My only "anti-DO" sentiments were merely that (A) I don't necessarily see a reason to add more of a workload onto the already hectic medical education, and OMM is exactly that--another couse on top of a regular MD program, (B) I, like the majority of actual practicing DO's, don't believe in cranial manipulation after years of exposure to this issue, and I am embarrassed that it is taught b/c it drags down the reputation of osteopathic medicine, and (C) when qualified applicants who have competitive stats for a DO program but really don't care about OMM, I think it is inappropriate to challenge their entry into an osteopathic program simply b/c they don't highly regard OMM...the future DOCTORS with the most potential should be granted entry to ensure the best future of medicine in our country, and I'm horrified that some schools (not UMDNJ) actively weed people out via their commitment to OMM when that commitment is so readily faked (just shadow a DO and read up...more than 2/3rd of DO's aren't using OMM anyhow, so what's this screening doing anyhow?). My mother teaches many qualified post-grad DO's, and I have grown up around them and fully respect the path. My desire to pursue a DO vs an MD doesn't have a place in your response.

If you believe in not saying anything at all instead of saying something not "nice," maybe you shouldn't reprimand people and make unfounded comments about them?

I think your choice of words need some thinking. We understand that you withdrew your application, you got into an MD school, and you did not want to go DO anyway. There is no need to talk nasty about a school like you just did when all you did was interview there.

The people you are calling *****s, are very nice people that you do not even know. Other than the few minutes you spent in the admissions office you do not know anyone there nor do you know who you are speaking about. There are specific protocols that need to be followed and everything has to be in writing.

I suggest you follow the saying "If you cannot say something nice, do not say anything at all".

Last edited:
1) I didn't just interact with them on my admissions day. You wouldn't know that. And during my admissions day, I was one of 4 interviewees, and spent over 2 hours sitting and chatting with the people in the office--one of whom I met was very kind, indeed.

Our school is very small and just like in small towns "you can't poop without people knowing what color it is". So do not be so sure I do not know who you are.

and it is ridiculous of you to assume I didn't.

I did not assume you did not. I simply made a statement that protocols have to be followed. When I withdrew my applications I also received rejection letters from 2 other schools.

however a post-interview rejection of someone with otherwise well-qualified stats/EC's/research/motivation is something I think it is fair to take personally--it means the interviewer thought you were "off" somehow.

Welcome to the admissions process. But you applied to a DO school and your MDapplicant profile clearly states that you would rather not go to a DO school.

2) If you would like another glimpse into the problems of the admissions office, I submitted ALL of my materials early. Earlier than I did to many other D.O. programs, b/c I am in state for UMDNJ. Month after month I called to see if it was accurate that I hadn't heard anything...month after month the person checking my file assured me it was complete, and that not everybody gets interviews. In the meantime, I was accepted to other DO programs and put down 2 deposits to schools that interviewed me while UMDNJ sat on its butt ($2000 I don't have to throw out the window at schools I would not have preferred to UMDNJ). Finally, I called another time, and the person looking in my file tells me "oh we don't have any LORs for you!" Turns out they never downloaded them from Interfolio! Well, I've called multiple times to check if there was a mistake, and been told everything was complete? Then I get the talk from the dean about how "not everybody gets interviews, anyways" until she sees my residency and MCAT scores and admits that there was a mistake made in not sending my app for review. After all the back-peddaling I was offered an interview the next day for ASAP...after losing my $2000 to the other DO programs. Had they told me my info was incomplete the first half dozen times I checked, I would have been interviewed as early/earlier than at the other DO schools and would have had a decision before I paid at least $1500 of those deposits.

Might explain why this person was fired. The incompetence of one person does not reflect the rest of the school. But you would not know that (to use your words).

My desire to pursue a DO vs an MD doesn't have a place in your response.

Your MDapps profile states otherwise.

If you believe in not saying anything at all instead of saying something not "nice," maybe you shouldn't reprimand people and make unfounded comments about them?

I am not your parent, therefor I do not reprimand anyone. Rather I am pointing out that you are entering a profession where your choice of words are very, very important. My comments are not unfounded as I ensure that when I say something, it has backing. And for you to call and entire school *****ic it rather unfounded by you do you not think???

Good luck with your studies, enjoy your time now because Mr. Toad's Wild Ride will begin before you know it.

So do not be so sure I do not know who you are.
Am I supposed to care? Is this a threat that you're looking at my application? If you have looked into my personal file in order to validate your statements on a public forum, you might want to consider the inpropriety of that, and the fact that I only met 1 student on my interview day.

But you applied to a DO school and your MDapplicant profile clearly states that you would rather not go to a DO school.
For one thing, I updated my MDApps w/ that info LONG after withdrawing from my D.O. applications. But here's what it says:

"I hope I end up at an M.D. program, but I'll be fine at a D.O. program. I just want to be a physician. My biggest reason for wanting the former is simply that I don't want to focus the extra time on OMM during this already busy/stressful education since I might never use it."

I believe in the utility of OMM in proper circumstances. I don't believe it has to be taught in med school; that's why there are classes for M.D.'s. I don't think it's disparaging to admit that I prefer not to further stress/spread myself thin in med school with a course I can take after graduating. BUT, of course I didn't tell them this at D.O. interviews--that's like assuming I went into my interview at school A and told them I'd prefer school B if I got into both. I don't lack the common sense to act like each school is my top choice when I'm there...and at the moment I went to interview at each school, it was my top choice (I never went to an interview while holding a seat at a school I'd prefer). I let my interviewer know that I had other admits but strongly preferred UMDNJ. I got into 7 D.O. schools, so...assuming I presented myself anti D.O. is a stretch.

Might explain why this person was fired.
Even if your school is small, you clearly didn't know what had gone on with my app. If someone was fired regarding mismanagment of applications, I think a letter of apology or at least acknowledgment should have been sent out to those who were impacted. Her mistakes cost people significant amounts of $, time, and confidence in the UMDNJ admissions system--the school *should* want to acknowledge that.
I also received rejection letters from 2 other schools.
I withdrew from 13 schools. This is the only one to later send me a rejection letter beyond a confirmation of withdrawal.

. . . you are entering a profession where your choice of words are very, very important. . . And for you to call and entire school *****ic it rather unfounded by you do you not think???

My original comment about "*****s" nowhere disparaged the school as a whole, as teaching/institution quality have nothing to do with the mistakes of admissions. You can say the word I used was harsh, but the disorganization deserves to be reflected, and their mistakes were harsh. Bad treatment begets bad opinions. I wrote this on a public forum...feel free to go looking through the forum for <gasp> other casual word choices you find not-so-nice. I've been dealing w/ patients and well known physicians as a career for the past 3 years. Rest assured, I know how to speak professionally to both. Some of the words of the physicians for whom I work have not been as nice as "*****" with regards to some of the mistakes made during the app process.

Pietach,

If it makes you feel any better (and with that story, it's understandable), they somehow completed a review of my application, which in my case, was only the primary. Additionally, it doesn't seem like their list serv is configured properly because I've received at least 2 emails from other applicants who were replying to that email.

And I have since been contacted by a few of your classmates who saw this, letting me know how socially awkward you are and that you get a power trip by posting on SDN with your holier-than-thou attitude. You certainly do not know me and did not meet me during my interview.

Get a life.

Members don't see this ad :)
And I have since been contacted by a few of your classmates who saw this, letting me know how socially awkward you are and that you get a power trip by posting on SDN with your holier-than-thou attitude.

You are so full of **** that this part of your answer is ridiculous. "Socially awkward"???? What they hell does that mean??? What is this high school????
Trust me, I am beyond being socially awkward. And regarding getting a power trip......boy was that the dumbest thing that was ever said. What power trip would I gain from posting on a website???? Unlike you, I have not thought I was the applicant of applicants and stomped my feet when a school sent a rejection letter even though I had no intention of going there. That was you. Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have read any of my SDN postings, then you would see that I answer questions regarding my school. Your attitude that everyone has to bow to you and do things the way that you want them to do is sickening. You think that with your stats every medical school should roll out the red carpet because you applied... "let us drop every student because the applicant of applicants has arrived". You are so self centered that it is oozing from my computer. I can tell you that the people who have "contacted you" do not know what they are talking about. I suggest that you take the time to read ALL of my posts and make your OWN mind up. But of course, you lemming, you just follow the crowd. You do not take the time to make your own opinions. You are going by the statements of others.

You are not coming to this school, so why do you keep posting on this forum??? Keep this forum open to people who want to or are coming to this school who have legitimate concerns and questions rather than calling the people in admissions *****s because you got a damn letter. You have an acceptance to multiple schools and yet, you feel rejected and dejected because a school that you withdrew from sent you a rejection letter. If you withdrew, then why the F do you care what letter is sent to you??? Does it matter if they sent you a letter stating good luck or a letter stating that you were incomplete or a letter stating that they are opening a Hot Dog stand in the middle of the highway??? Why do you care so much if you are NOT coming to the school. Just take the letter and throw it in the trash. You did not send in a deposit so there is no reason to even open the letter. In your case it is junk mail. But then again, from what I am reading and the way that you are responding and keep on responding you are so full of hot air that you just need a reason to keep yourself lifted.

You are have not even started medical school. You only know the application process from the applicant's side. You do not know what happens on the other side. OH, right, you are the applicant of applicants. You know everything there is to know about getting into medical including that "It is a crap shoot and just because your numbers are good does not mean that you will be a good fit to the school." Have you thought about that??? That maybe you would just not be the type of student they are looking for??? No!!!! Not you!!!! Not applicant of applicants. When you start medical school and if you decide to get involved in the admissions process you will learn what I am talking about.

One more time; Good luck with your studies and let this forum be what it was made for and that is people asking questions about the school.

Oh and Go to Hell.

Last edited:
Struck a nerve did I?

*I posted originally to let them know the adcom was actively sending out decisions, b/c someone asked.

*Then after your berating, I felt it ok to clarify exactly what issues had happened w/ the admit office that caused me to call them *****s--b/c as mentioned before, I think it is relevant to know about disorganization when dealing w/ a school you may really want to attend.

*No foot stamping. I've been rejected by many schools...just none that admitted me first.

*People who feel like "the applicant of applicants," don't apply to so many schools, and repeatedly comment in so many places about how low their GPA is or how surprised they were by their successes. And I feel perfectly fine commenting on the application process as an applicant...never said anything about the school.

I thought you only wrote about stuff on which you were informed?

*Oh...and it's an open forum. And I was an applicant w/ something I felt was relevant to share about the applications. Your overblown response to a casual statement, however, might be useful in assessing student attitudes, personality, and sense of insecurity.

Struck a nerve did I?

*I posted originally to let them know the adcom was actively sending out decisions, b/c someone asked.

*Then after your berating, I felt it ok to clarify exactly what issues had happened w/ the admit office that caused me to call them *****s--b/c as mentioned before, I think it is relevant to know about disorganization when dealing w/ a school you may really want to attend.

*No foot stamping. I've been rejected by many schools...just none that admitted me first.

*People who feel like "the applicant of applicants," don't apply to so many schools, and repeatedly comment in so many places about how low their GPA is or how surprised they were by their successes. And I feel perfectly fine commenting on the application process as an applicant...never said anything about the school.

I thought you only wrote about stuff on which you were informed?

*Oh...and it's an open forum. And I was an applicant w/ something I felt was relevant to share about the applications. Your overblown response to a casual statement, however, might be useful in assessing student attitudes, personality, and sense of insecurity.

No, no nerve. If you struck a nerve I would have cast aspersions about you as did about me. And if you were to re-read my original post to you, you would see that I simply stated that you may want to chose your words carefully. An experience that you may have had does not apply to the entire admissions process and the admissions office is no reflection of the school as a whole. Unfortunately this would be the first thing that people would think.

However, as I recall from your earlier posts, you withdrew your application from further consideration before you were sent an acceptance. If I am wrong so be it. But according to your MDapps profile: UMDNJ - Osteopathic Medicine (DO): "Withdrew after acceptance to Keck USC"

And another quote from your profile How do you summarize a process that gets me an USC interview offer in the same week I get rejected from Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine? I took this as if you were surprised that medical school rejected you, let alone an Osteopathic Medical school based on your stats, especially since it was done without an interview.

I hope I end up at an M.D. program, but I'll be fine at a D.O. program. I just want to be a physician. My biggest reason for wanting the former is simply that I don't want to focus the extra time on OMM during this already busy/stressful education since I might never use it.
Do you think maybe this attitude was gotten from some of the DO schools that you interviewed at? Do you think that maybe the interviewer here may have gotten this impression from you??

Keep in mind if you've got my GPA but didn't go to an Ivy league school, and/or didn't major in Engineering, you might not turn out the same...I had a really hard time getting interviews (I feel), and feel extremely lucky to have gotten into USC in the end. I think the extra cookies they give for 'good school' and 'hard major' were what saved me.

This shows to me how obnoxious you are. And this is something that interviewers may have seen as well.

As an open forum I can disagree with you, AS AN ADULT, and not as a kid who is calling someone else names.

As for my stats, you do not know my stats and you know nothing of my stats. In your own posts you could not believe that some schools would reject you because of your stats. And in the quotes above in your own words you say the same thing. Do you not think that the way you are coming off here in this forum is the same way you came off to those interviewers?

Why did you not take the time to shadow a DO and get a LOR from a DO? Were you just using the DO schools as a placeholder until you got into an MD school?

Good Day.

I never shadowed anybody because I felt it was inappropriate to gawk at patients--neither MD nor DO. I grew up around both MDs and DO's, and never had any disrespect for the latter. After working for MD's more than fulltime for ~6 yrs and knowing DO's my entire life, without a crushing need (which clearly there wasn't, since I did get DO admits), I didn't think it was necessary to shadow a DO to get a LOR. I did work with DO's in palliative care at MSKCC, but at a previous job before I planned on med school, and I didn't stay in touch. The brief time I could have spent shadowing would have led to a pathetic LOR compared to those of MDs and PhDs for whom I'd been working for years.

Have you seen the sheets used by med schools (both DO and MD) to rank students?--I saw mine at NYCOM and KCOM and one MD interview. It is merely factual that you get extra "points" for your undergrad institution and/or major in the tally that decides whether or not you get an interview. Like it or not, that's the way it is...and it's ridiculous, b/c it's easier to stay afloat and some high caliber private schools than at many public institutions that curve more strictly. Since MDApps is to help other applicants predict the outcome of their application, I don't think it's a negligible point--on MDApps, there were less than 40 non-minority students admitted in my GPA range...3.45 and 3.21 BCMP are pretty hard to overcome. Some part of my application boosted me to get into schools where I'm more than 1 std deviation below avg. You can disparage me all you want and make assumptions... I'm sure the dozenish schools where I was admitted/interviewed all misread my application.

Previously if you withdrew after acceptance on MDApps, the school disappeared due to a glitch in the site...I hadn't updated since this problem. I fixed it for you. KCUMB now shows up, too, so you can monitor my accuracy. I was accepted the same week after I withdrew my application AFTER I withdrew it--in such close succession that I didn't think it was too odd. Plus, perhaps something you didn't know about your own school is that when you withdraw, they follow it up and wait for follow-up via a certified mail correspondence. They don't stop considering your app (or so it seemed w/ mine) until you respond in paper.

Some schools have higher entering student body stats than others...as you said, "Welcome to the admissions process." I could have picked another school to contrast w/ my interview at USC. Shall I pick Howard? PCOM? Or will you say all schools admit based on equal criteria?

The point of contrasting the CCOM and USC rejection and acceptance (which arrived simultaneously) is actually to point out that there are more qualities than GPA/MCAT being looked at. I have admitted on more than one thread that my CCOM 2ndary essay was probably the worst I've written b/c I was burnt out. I think people on SDN underestimate the other attributes on the application, and I don't want others to be discouraged from applying to "reaches" and to let them know how unpredictable the process can be--nothing summarizes this better than the fact that a well-put-together 2ndary and interview can get me into a "reach" for me, but I likely killed my app with a bad essay at CCOM.

Let's placate you: UMDNJ is better than other DO schools at weeding out people who don't actually love OMM. None of us here on the forum were willing to go to DO school simply for the need and yearning to be a practicing physician...and those who slipped through at UNECOM, KCOM, KCUMB, and NYCOM really just needed to be held up to the scrutiny of UMDNJ-SOM, CCOM, and DCOM.

You can keep trying to prove I'm somehow anti DO or something...the truth is, I'm just not. Read my earlier post...there were DO schools I would have attended over some MD programs...UMDNJ and PCOM were two of them.

Now, I'm home and hospital bound due to a recent surgery...but why does a supposedly well adjusted med student have time to continue on with trying to prove...what...oh, that his admissions office doesn't have any "*****s" by bringing up all sorts of useless points about me?

Last edited:
that's wonderful to know.....I should probably asked where I stand

Don't hesitate to call often and check-in on your status if it's really where you want to go. When it comes down to actually making a decision, the interest expressed by the applicant is significantly weighted at UMDNJ-SOM. They know who's on the waitlist who seems to care vs. who doesn't seem to care...and although I can't be 100% certain, my (and my friends who are now students there) conversations w/ their admissions office lead me to believe that your ranking on the waitlist can be loosely influenced by this factor.

Last edited:
Question to current UMDNJ-SOM students- would you say the course load is very demanding? Do you have time to hang out with family during the weekend or just have to study? I am just wondering. thanks in advance.

Another question to current students:

Anyone live in Landings? What are your opinions on it?

Question to current UMDNJ-SOM students- would you say the course load is very demanding? Do you have time to hang out with family during the weekend or just have to study? I am just wondering. thanks in advance.

The medical school curriculum in any institution is demanding. If not, then everyone would do it. However, you cannot just study all of the time. You will suffer from burnout very quickly and this can be problematic. You need to set a schedule up. Set times where you will do nothing but study, times where you will goto the gym, go out and have a fun, continue a hobby, see friends, etc.

Generally most of the time people will go out on Friday and Saturday nights. However, it is not unheard of for people to go out any day of the week. You just have to realize that if this is the case, then you should make the time to study where you would normally go out.

Let us say that you decide to study Sunday through Thursday. There is nothing wrong with that. And as long as your exam grades are fine, then wy change it? You have to figure this out for yourself. But people go to dance classes, Sports games, visit Philadelphia, etc. You must do these things or else you will not be in the right mind set to tackle the tough road ahead.

Are there any good/popular and affordable palces to workout close to the school? I know there is a Bally nearby... Do any places give UMDNJ students discounts? :)

Are there any good/popular and affordable palces to workout close to the school? I know there is a Bally nearby... Do any places give UMDNJ students discounts? :)

loopy23, i live about 5 miles from UMDNJ. what i can tell u right now ballys is offering 99 dollars for the entire year. as far as i am concerned that is the cheapest gym around that area. Future fitness and william g roher are very expensive. i believe umdnj has a gym but its small.

current students....is it uncommon for students to live in Cherry Hill?

Just moved there.. it's pretty nice! spacious many UMDNJ students live here.

ALSO I am not a DO student, but a DPT Student. After moving in 3 weeks ago, Eschelon Glen is not a bad spot $825 for 1bdroom with all utilities included. PM me for more info on landing etc.

I was/ am looking for a roommate but im in a 1Bedroom. so EH

Does anyone know what is the average age of entering students at UMDNJ-SOM?

just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday, and i'm going.. maybe it'll start heating up

Anyone else get a letter saying that each student can only bring TWO guests to the white coat ceremony?? Are they joking?? Do you think this rule is going to be enforced??

Dr. Fresh would you mind sharing ur stats? I'm a hopeful waitlister :confused:

thanks and congrats on your acceptance :)

3.3 and 29 chem major with my lower grades in upper level chem classes, not in the required courses for med school

i've been on the list since december, for what its worth.. and i called incessantly lol

Anyone else get a letter saying that each student can only bring TWO guests to the white coat ceremony?? Are they joking?? Do you think this rule is going to be enforced??

Yeah, I got that letter too... I am pretty disappointed. What about those people who have parents and a girlfriend/fiancé/wife, and maybe even grandparents... This is kind of a big deal, so one would like for them to be there.

I remember reading in earlier posts that this was the "requirement" in the past, but people ended up bringing more than two people... Not sure.

Current students, do you have any advice in the matter?

Yeah, I got that letter too... I am pretty disappointed. What about those people who have parents and a girlfriend/fiancé/wife, and maybe even grandparents... This is kind of a big deal, so one would like for them to be there.

I remember reading in earlier posts that this was the "requirement" in the past, but people ended up bringing more than two people... Not sure.

Only 2 guests are allowed. The white coat ceremony takes place in the MPR which is not that big to allow people to bring many guests. However, they do video tape the entire ceremony and when they are ready they give you a DVD of the ceremony to share with those that could not be there.

i was called today and offered a spot off the waitlist...i declined since ive decided to go elsewhere, but figured you guys would want to hear that there is at least one new spot open.

thanks for the update newbie2013 :) can you share your stats?

GL to you!:luck:

Hello,

I am a prospective applicant for the 2010 matriculation cycle. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you thought of my stats and chances of getting in. I plan on submitting my primary application by the end of the month.

I graduated from GWU as a psych major with a 3.33 overall GPA, and a 2.93 science/math GPA. (Bio 1 really killed my average as i got a C- in it first semester.)

The past year, at Rutgers University i retook Bio 1 and 2. I also took Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry. I got A's in all 5 classes for a 4.0 overall GPA at Rutgers.

I took the MCAT's last summer and got a 25N. I just retook the MCAT's today and they were difficult but im hoping I did better.

My extracurriculars are pretty good as I worked in the GW ER for 2 years, and recently shadowed a DO for about a month, who will be writing me a LOR. I am also pretty confident my LOR from my pre-med committee will be strong.

So what do you guys think? Let me know thanks!

Yes, some people do end up bringing more than 2 people. Usually, it works out. What we did last year was call admissions to ask if there was any extra space left for other guests. If there is, they will take note of the amount of extra guests each individual would like to bring. HTH!

I lived in a one bedroom at the landings for this past year. I absolutely loved it. Tons of space, pretty quiet neighborhood, close to school (and against the traffic), and wonderful staff. I only decided to move to cut costs and I was extremely sad about it. But I highly recommend it!

Hey all,

I was offered a position off the waitlist today. I wasn't quite sure since I was also accepted at Nova. But I'm going to call tomorrow morning to accept.

People keep asking. I had a 31P, 3.3 science, 3.5 overall, Biomedical engineering from NU (that stuff was hard). I also took a year off and worked part time as a mental health counselor.

is there anyone that has been accepted ....and you are probably not going to go?

DH and I have been approved for apartment at Autumn Ridge in Blackwood-- anyone live there? We found some scary reviews this week on apartment sites, but haven't the time to find much other options. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!:thumbup:

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but the class sized has been up'ed again to 130 for this cycle. Not sure if it's actually full yet tho.

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but the class sized has been up'ed again to 130 for this cycle. Not sure if it's actually full yet tho.

Where did you hear this? I called this morning and asked and was told that the class size was still 120. I hope it has increased!

Where did you hear this? I called this morning and asked and was told that the class size was still 120. I hope it has increased!

Someone from the Office of Academic Affairs methinks. Also more than one professor has let it slip.

DH and I have been approved for apartment at Autumn Ridge in Blackwood-- anyone live there? We found some scary reviews this week on apartment sites, but haven't the time to find much other options. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!:thumbup:

So I just graduated in May and we have moved and are renting our house out. It's available for immediate occupancy. I'm not sure if anyone here would be interested, but I think if you were, you would be pleased. My fiance happens to be doing a few things there right now, so let me know if you want a tour and an address. Living in a home with all the perks of woods and good neighbors was a much better option for us and our pets (and cheaper overall) having also lived at the Village in Vorhees.

FOR RENT
Beautiful 3 Bedroom 1 Bath Single Family Home
-1 mile from School directly off Laurel Road, in El Dorado Hills section of Stratford and Lindenwold
-Stoplight on end of street for convience going to school during rush hour.
-Very quiet and Safe Neighborhood
-1300 square Feet
-Newly Remodeled Bathroom
-Completely New Carpets
-New Engineered Hardwood livingroom
- New Paint throughout
-Newer Appliances (most 4 years old)
-Up-to-date Energy Efficient and Convenient Double Paned Windows
-Large, Shady, Completely Fenced in Back Yard with large permanent Barbeque and Firepit
-Adjoins 70+ acres of Camden County Conservation Area (undevelopable land w/trails)
-Pet and Child Friendly

> $1150 monthly (if affiliated with school) $1200 otherwise
1 month security deposit
Flexible lease (3, 6, etc)

Criminal background check, Credit check, possible employment check will be needed

[email protected]
Leave me your telephone number and I will get back to you promptly.

Hey guys I have been reading this forum for a long time. I finally got off the waitlist and I am completely stoked right now. Looking forward to seeing some of you soon. If you guys have any info about this coming year at SOM I would love to hear it. I pretty much have missed most of the SOM related events. But I am excited to get started!!!

SOM Class of 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.