UMCH (Germany/Romania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boffboff

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows about this college UMCH. It has a campus in Germany and Romania and I was looking into applying there. The ranking is pretty low however (although it says that it is the joint of two prestigious universities) and it is quite expensive. Is this because it was opened recently? I want to make sure I have a good quality education that will be recognized in the EU.

Members don't see this ad.

What is your ultimate goal? I ask because going to medical school in Europe is not the same process as going to med school in the US. Most of the medical schools in Europe really recruit at the secondary school level as their curricula usually includes prehealth coursework. I'm not a big expert on this otherwise, so you can to our International forums.

If your goal is to practice medicine in the US, you should stay in the US or plan to return to take your premed/prehealth coursework back in the US.

I looked at your introductory post. Please be advised that if you plan to be licensed to practice medicine in the US, you will need to have residency and/or fellowship training in the US. This is far easier if you have graduated from a US medical school than if you are the graduate of an international medical school. Also, it is important to know that US medical schools require that you take at least 90 credits (about 3 years full-time) at a undergraduate institution (or graduate program, in other words, PhD) in the US to qualify for admission to a med school program in the US.

It is fine to do a year or semester abroad to gain language skills, or to take a gap year before going to US undergrad, but doing undergrad degree in Europe is setting yourself up for a very difficult road to eventual training and licensure in the US.

Finally, to protect your privacy, change your profile picture if that is a picture of yourself.

Reactions: 1 users