UMB early decision class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, did you do the morning or afternoon interview? Im trying to figure out how many applicants there were. There were 16 in the afternoon interview.
We were 22 in the morning; that make it 38 total.:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

My interview was in afternoon, too... :(
Did anyone have an interview in the morning??
I know it won't take more than two weeks to get the result but still waiting is hard..!
Keeping my fingers crossed......

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if they make final decisions solely based on the performance in the interview or do they look at the whole profile (stats,experience...) to make a final decision. I do NOT think I did well in the interview? How did everyone's go?

And also, when are we hearing back from them? next week or this week?im so tired of this waiting game!

Sounds great, I hope everybody here gets accepted! I was pretty nervous at the interview but am praying to god every free second I get.... praying and hoping! I think at the interview Ms. B said we should hear back by next Wednesday... so a week from today, Anybody else heard different?. I'm praying for good news.

I've found a thread written in 2007, saying your interview performance counts for 50% of the UMB admission process while the pre-interview application (GPA, PCAT, EC, PS, etc..) counts for the other 50%.
For now I am like checking SDN & my gmail every minute and anticipating, anticipating, and anticipating... and anticipating..... and it's just so hard. BUT if I just forget about it, I may hear good news as a surprise.:)
So let all of us be occupied with something productive and helpful..!!
Only one more week to wait :)

Does anybody know if we will be hearing back on wednesday? So adcom meets tuesday? Im so confused and nervous, anybody know? If so please post :)

I didn't sleep; so anxious. Do you think if the ad com meets today that acceptance letters will be send out this afternoon?:xf:

I didn't sleep; so anxious. Do you think if the ad com meets today that acceptance letters will be send out this afternoon?:xf:

That will be super sweet...:):luck: the only thing I know is that October 22nd is the deadline for all the early decision schools to report admissions..:(
I have a quiz on 9:30am and I'm like checking my g-mail again and again!!
Hopefully we will get good news in next 24 hours :xf:

I would love to hear someone get accepted, please update!

The results are out, did you get your letter yet?:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted, thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The results are out, did you get your letter yet?:thumbdown:

Hi, Marieflo, your stats are really impressed? did you get accepted? If yes, congratulations, If not, dont get discouraged, you have another chance for regular decision! Good Luck!

OMG:love::love::love::love::love:
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
Class of 2015

Congratulations everybody! Thank you God.

I heard most EDs who get deferred get in regular decision, so keep your hopes up.

UMB SOP class of 2015!!:love::love::love::love:

Last edited:
Congrats everyone!!!! and I will pray for others who are deferred will get good news soon!!!!! We will see on campus at the end!!!!!!!:luck::luck::luck::luck:

I got in!!!!!! This is so incredible, I can't wait :)

Does anyone know how many students are accepted early decision?

Did everybody receive a confirmation email?

Hi Guys,

Anybody got interview invitation for UMB. Please, let me know I am waiting and I did not hear anything yet.

Congrats everyone!!! :love: I am a 3rd year at shady grove campus - let me know if you have any questions!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!!

Congrats everyone!!! :love: I am a 3rd year at shady grove campus - let me know if you have any questions!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!!

Hey, this question is maybe off topic but can you explain to me what's considered by 'distance learning' ? and how do you like it?

Last edited:
It is considered distance learning because the main campus is in Baltimore while we are in Rockville (about 45 minutes away). This program has only been at UMB for 4 years now and they are constantly improving. There has been a major shift from recording all classes in Baltimore to now only recording some and having most classes live at both campuses synchronously. Since they just opened a brand new building in Baltimore, they have more rooms to use for synchronous class than they did before. I can only tell you personally how I liked SG campus, but it may be different now because of the increased use of synchronous technology and the different curriculum.

For me, first year was mostly watching classes online and I found really hard to adjust from normal class. Once I did adjust, I loved it. I had so much more freedom to watch my classes when I wanted to watch. Also, I would watch them twice, normally that day and then closer to the exam. I am a hearing learner was it was SO helpful to be able to watch/listen again without having to write so many notes. You can watch the classes as many times as you want, and BOTH campuses have access to the recorded lectures.

Second year was again mostly online but introduced more live synchronous classes. Now in 3rd year they are mostly synchronous. Most of the lectures are recorded and we do a few cases a week that are live. Electives are usually live. I love having a combination of both. Although you do need to keep up with the recorded lectures because of the cases.

Also, we do have professors that are based out of SG so you always have someone to ask questions to in person, and everyone is constantly on email so that really hasn't been an issue for me. I definitely prefer the shady grove campus for convenience and parking. Each class has 120 students in Baltimore and 40 at SG so the SG students are a close group and you really get to know everyone really well.

Does that answer your question? feel free to PM me too

It is considered distance learning because the main campus is in Baltimore while we are in Rockville (about 45 minutes away). This program has only been at UMB for 4 years now and they are constantly improving. There has been a major shift from recording all classes in Baltimore to now only recording some and having most classes live at both campuses synchronously. Since they just opened a brand new building in Baltimore, they have more rooms to use for synchronous class than they did before. I can only tell you personally how I liked SG campus, but it may be different now because of the increased use of synchronous technology and the different curriculum.

For me, first year was mostly watching classes online and I found really hard to adjust from normal class. Once I did adjust, I loved it. I had so much more freedom to watch my classes when I wanted to watch. Also, I would watch them twice, normally that day and then closer to the exam. I am a hearing learner was it was SO helpful to be able to watch/listen again without having to write so many notes. You can watch the classes as many times as you want, and BOTH campuses have access to the recorded lectures.

Second year was again mostly online but introduced more live synchronous classes. Now in 3rd year they are mostly synchronous. Most of the lectures are recorded and we do a few cases a week that are live. Electives are usually live. I love having a combination of both. Although you do need to keep up with the recorded lectures because of the cases.

Also, we do have professors that are based out of SG so you always have someone to ask questions to in person, and everyone is constantly on email so that really hasn't been an issue for me. I definitely prefer the shady grove campus for convenience and parking. Each class has 120 students in Baltimore and 40 at SG so the SG students are a close group and you really get to know everyone really well.

Does that answer your question? feel free to PM me too

Thank you very much for your detailed respond. Thats pretty much everything i wanted to know. SG is closer to my house so in that way it would be better for me since i would live at home, however im not so sure I would be able study anything by distance learning :) I usually have a hard time concentrating on listening lectures online... I like the classroom environment much more...

However, let me first get the interview and then ill think about campuses , haha

Thanks once again Magenta1

Thank you very much for your detailed respond. Thats pretty much everything i wanted to know. SG is closer to my house so in that way it would be better for me since i would live at home, however im not so sure I would be able study anything by distance learning :) I usually have a hard time concentrating on listening lectures online... I like the classroom environment much more...

However, let me first get the interview and then ill think about campuses , haha

Thanks once again Magenta1

No problem. sorry I wrote a book! haha. its definitely not for everyone because you have to be disciplined to stay on track and not fall behind

Got an interview invite yesterday via e-mail! Very excited, anyone else hear yet?

Hey everyone,
I just got an interview inviation today from UMB :) I am supper happy and nervous at the same time!!!
Could anyone who has been to the interview give me some advices on how to prepare for it? i heard UMB has a hard interview and require an essay.. i am not an native English speaker, which makes me even more nervous! what type of question they ask in the essay section? how long they allow you to write your response??
Also, for the group interview and group project, what is going on there? Oh men..i am nervousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......
Could sb help????
thank you guys in advanced :)
congrat for those who gets in!!
:love:

Hey,
congrat on getting in UMB :) yeah~~
i just got a interview invitation today. Could you give me some advices on how to prepare for it? what kinds of questions they ask? and how about the essay and group project?
i am not a native speaker.. so i am soooooo nervous......i really appreciate your help :)
thank you in advanced :)