UMB early decision class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tayrenee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone else apply to UMB early decision?!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi Tayrenee,

I applied ED too. I am waiting on my scores and it is nerve racking... im still praying :)

I did early decision for UMB-pharmacy, right now just waiting for interview invite,,,for those who did ED, got interview invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten any e-mails yet saying whether they recieved your application? i haven't gotten anything! thanks.

has anyone gotten any e-mails yet saying whether they recieved your application? i haven't gotten anything! thanks.

I didn't apply through early decision, but they just emailed me today to tell me that they got my PharmCAS application.

I didn't apply through early decision, but they just emailed me today to tell me that they got my PharmCAS application.

Ditto on that. Wasn't early decision either, but I also had submitted it almost a month ago, so it was nice to finally hear that they got my PharmCAS. I already did my supplemental & paid the fee which they already cashed, so I hope we hear from them soon! Although I'm leaning towards that we probably won't since the e-mail said they only interview in Jan-Feb?

Ditto on that. Wasn't early decision either, but I also had submitted it almost a month ago, so it was nice to finally hear that they got my PharmCAS. I already did my supplemental & paid the fee which they already cashed, so I hope we hear from them soon! Although I'm leaning towards that we probably won't since the e-mail said they only interview in Jan-Feb?

Yeah, same here. They said they email invitations 24 hours after their decision. The Jan-Feb interview dates are nice since I have a nice long winter break.

I got the same e-mail, right after i posted my question! My e-mail was the same thing except that they would hold interviews on october 8 and 9 for early decision applicants. That seems so close! i hope to hear soon.

Anybody heard anything yet? I heard some interview invites were sent out already :(

Anybody heard anything yet? I heard some interview invites were sent out already :(
Yeah.. I think interviews for ED have gone out. The interviews are only in just a week and a half. So I'd assume the invites were sent out. Well if not this time, you'll have your chance for the regular admissions later.

Hey guys,

Where did you hear that some interviews went out? I just called them to see if they received my August score and they havent gotten it from pharmcas yet, so how can they send invites without the latest pcats?

Also, because its early decision, they dont have to give us a whole lot of notice- since its the only place you applied to- this is what i'm thinking. In the email they sent they would notify applicants in late september and early october.

Btw what are your stats like everybody? What is a good gpa/ pcat score for early?

Yeah.. I think interviews for ED have gone out. The interviews are only in just a week and a half. So I'd assume the invites were sent out. Well if not this time, you'll have your chance for the regular admissions later.

It's actually like two weeks away and we JUST got an email on Monday saying they received applications. So what I was asking is do they send out all interview invitations at one or is it just random. Because I'm going to stop worrying if they were all sent out already.

HI everyone'
I also applied Early decession and hope to receive an interview invitation.
Does anyone knows if we will still goes through the normal interview process in termes of group interview, essay... and so on?

Members don't see this ad :)
HI everyone'
I also applied Early decession and hope to receive an interview invitation.
Does anyone knows if we will still goes through the normal interview process in termes of group interview, essay... and so on?

Yup... the interview will consist of essay and faculty, student, and group interviews. It may be a little different than before but overall the same components. Good luck.

Has anyone gotten interview yet for ED!!! Waiting is torture!

I'm scared to death, the interview invitations will probably go out this week; crossing my fingers:xf:

ahhh.. i feel the same way. someone told me they were already sent out but it seems like they probably weren't. praying :)

Heeh.... were is every body? why are you all so quiet??:scared:

my gpa 3.73
pcat composite 83 bio94 chem90 maths85
certified pharm tech
volunteer for the blinds
I pray to God, and hope everything will go well this time:xf:

I received my interview a few hours ago. I am praying to God still.

I also received my own interview invite a while ago.:luck:
Does anyone know what are the hot pharmacy ethical issues this days?

congrats everybody. I hope to meet you all there!

So if I didn't received an invitation today, does that mean I am not invited? I guess my grades and PCAT weren't competitive enough. :"( so sad..

So if I didn't received an invitation today, does that mean I am not invited? I guess my grades and PCAT weren't competitive enough. :"( so sad..

I'm in the same boat as you :) I'd still say keep your head up though, no official rejection yet and it's still early!

Good luck and congrats to those interviewing :luck:

SparkLy09,

let me know when you get your invitation. I assume those who received the invitation today have met their standard qualifications. (high gpa, high pcat).

i read on another forum that once you get invited for the interview, your gpa and pcat do not matter. your admission solely based on your performance in the interview. is that true?

SparkLy09 I saw on another thread that you've received an interview from Michigan. Did you apply early decision for UMB? I thought if you applied early decision, you wouldn't be able to apply to another school.

Oh no, I did not officially declare it early decision on PharmCAS. I just applied rather early :rolleyes: Well, back in August anyway... so technically I guess I'm not an official ED applicant. I also just noticed that they require 3 LoRs and my 3rd one only arrived last week... so that also could be why... Not sure :( But I'll definitely update if I hear anything!

Oh no, I did not officially declare it early decision on PharmCAS. I just applied rather early :rolleyes: Well, back in August anyway... so technically I guess I'm not an official ED applicant. I also just noticed that they require 3 LoRs and my 3rd one only arrived last week... so that also could be why... Not sure :( But I'll definitely update if I hear anything!

UMB isn't rolling admissions. So unless you applied ED, your application won't be reviewed until January. :/ But at least that gives you plenty of time to get that last LoR in :) Good luck!

And congrats to ya'll who were invited! I'll maybe see some of you soon.

UMB isn't rolling admissions. So unless you applied ED, your application won't be reviewed until January. :/ But at least that gives you plenty of time to get that last LoR in :) Good luck!

And congrats to ya'll who were invited! I'll maybe see some of you soon.

Ooooohh! That makes a LOT more sense. I was wondering why interview invites were so early for some since my confirmation email said that they would be interviewing from Jan-Feb. Thanks for the clarification :)

Good luck to everyone interviewing again!! :xf::luck:

SparkLy09... so you didn't get an invitation because you didn't apply for early decision. does this mean those who applied already got an invitation today?

Does anyone know whether they will be sending out more invitations?

Thank you all. and congrats

Well, from the looks of it, I'm guessing my application hasn't been reviewed yet because I did not apply as an official ED applicant. Sorry for the confusion!

I'm not sure if they send out interviews for ED in batches, if anything, maybe you can call to find out where you stand :) Again, good luck!

I called Ms.Patrice Sharp to confirm my interview,,at Friday afternoon. and she said she was going to sent me a confirmation email..i havent received my confirmation email yet? anybody know whats going on? any of you received confirmation email for interview? Btw. congratulation on getting interview...cant wait to see you all there!

I sent her an e-mail, and she replied she would send a confirmation mail tomorrow. Still can't sleep and soooooo excited! <3
Btw, did everyone received the invitation email saying that the interview is on Friday, "October 9, 2009" ? This must be a typo for sure, but just want to check if it's only me... :laugh:

Congrats everyone!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Yea mine said the 9th too :p. I thought that was cute. Yes, I received a confirmation letter. It should be emailed to you in a .doc. I'm extremely nervous yet excited at the same time!

Last edited:
I have not received my confirmation letter yet , still waiting:xf::luck:

I finally got my confirmation letter, my interview is scheduled on friday October 8 yeeeh...:love:

I don't know if they will be sending more invites. They said they would notify us of their decision with in 24 hours of making it. I would hope that they would send the rejection letters as fast as the invitations because if ED applicants are rejected we need to apply to more schools asap.

Hi ceasar 4

did you apply for early decision and not get an invitation as well? I did not get an invitation today. . . guess i am out of hope.

Hey there,

For those of you who have received an invitation, what was your GPA and PCAT? Just curious.

Hi Greenteacup,you can look at my stats on post # 21

does anyone know how many people they are interviewing and how many they are going to take? Im just very nervous! Whats our chance for ED? Any input is appreciated!

Hi everyone who got intrviewed today. I heard them saying that there was no interview schedule tomorrow; does this means that the people who were there this morning are the only ones interviewed for ED? by the way how did the interview go?:xf:

Hi everyone who got intrviewed today. I heard them saying that there was no interview schedule tomorrow; does this means that the people who were there this morning are the only ones interviewed for ED? by the way how did the interview go?:xf:

Yeah. They canceled tomorrow's date and just added more people to today's interviews. I suspect that means either not as many people applied ED or less people than they had expected made the cut. From what I understand, today was the only ED interview day. I hope you did well! Good luck!

PS - don't be disappointed if you didn't get an ED invite. It's just the beginning. The program is very competitive and you'll get another turn with the regular admissions :)

Last edited:
Yeah. They canceled tomorrow's date and just added more people to today's interviews. I suspect that means either not as many people applied ED or less people than they had expected made the cut. From what I understand, today was the only ED interview day. I hope you did well! Good luck!

PS - don't be disappointed if you didn't get an ED invite. It's just the beginning. The program is very competitive and you'll get another turn with the regular admissions :)
Do you know how many people they want as early admitted?

No sorry. I have no idea if they even have an allotted number of seats or if they accept as many as they want that scored high. Your guess is as good as mine :p

It may vary over each year, but according to PharmCAS school page the statistics says "Estimated number of early assurance students advancing to the professional program: 30"
So more:)xf::xf:) or less than 30 people I guess...

It may vary over each year, but according to PharmCAS school page the statistics says "Estimated number of early assurance students advancing to the professional program: 30"
So more:)xf::xf:) or less than 30 people I guess...
Hi, did you do the morning or afternoon interview? Im trying to figure out how many applicants there were. There were 16 in the afternoon interview.