Uk Md For Ortho 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisUK

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
New to the forum, US citizen, graduated med school in UK (2001), just got certified to apply for 2006 match in Sept '05.

Started Surgical residency in UK (general surg/E.R./Ortho), did ACLS, ATLS etc, - from reading the threads it seems the 'orthopaedic persona' is internationally applicable which is good news as its a major attraction of the speciality.

I'm here in the hope of getting some much needed advice. I scored 245/99 on Step 1 and 259/99 on Step 2. As yet I have no US Clinical Experience but I'm trying to take steps towards it now.

My questions are if anyone can help:

What are my chances of getting a residency without USCE, how far will good scores get me?

What is my best tactic for trying to obtain accredited USCE? Any particular hospitals? (Im hoping for NYC area)

Any general tips re: FMG friendly residencies?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'd appreciate any advice you are able to offer.

Cheers

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

it will be tough. Ortho has fewer non-US MDs than any subspecialty out there. If you want a chance, you best bet is to get with a program int he US and start doing some research and networking.