UK-Aus citizen but (soon to be) Aus med graduate wants to return to UK - advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucrezia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was hoping somebody could help me with this - I've tried scouring the NHS websites with little success.

I'm UK (England) born and still hold UK citizenship, but I moved to Australia just before high-school. I did my undergrad here, along with my graduate medical degree (MBBS at University of Queensland - graduating in 2017).

I'd very much like to return to the UK for internship and beyond. I was wondering what the pathway is for an Australian-trained UK citizen to do that? All I can really find is info on IMG-trained non UK citizens.

Thanks to anybody who can point me in the right direction :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a very similar situation so unfortunately can't offer any advice.

UK (English) born with UK citizenship, attending undergrad and med school in Australia (also an Australian citizen). I want to move to the UK after graduation as well, however as far as I can tell it's nearly impossible to get a training position as a non-UK graduate.

Can I also add the question of: how many IMG training positions become available each year and what level of competition is there to obtain a place?