UIC class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,
I got into UOP and decided on going to SF,since I have my family there and also my husband can move with me.I am going to miss you all. Someone who is waitlisted at UIC can expect a call soon.
Good luck you guys!
Priya.

Members don't see this ad.

hello all of u guys of uic.. congrats on acceptance to uic.
i am applying to uic for the class of 2009-2011. it would be great help if u all can share ur practical experience and interviews with us so that we can prepare well for tht..please gys help us out here..:scared:

hi reema,
i too am applying this year and am collecting all documents..after which i vl post my application..how about you?
have you applied already?

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck to those that are applying to UIC:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
about the interview, you'll find everything you want to know doing a little search on the forum;)
best of luck!

hi starrynight..thanks a lot...
your posts on this thread are very informative...

hi..
has any one applied to uic for 2009 batch?i have applied , but not yet received a response abt them reviewing the papers....do they do that?
also, do interviews begin in august, or sooner than that?
any reply wud be appreciated..
thanx..

Hey fellow UIC 2010 classmates

Do we have to have the immunizations sheet mailed to UIC or bring it to orientation. please let me know what all of you are doing. Has everyone registered for classes yet?

Thanks

dentalbug

Hi folks,
I need help here . Iam planning to take my step 2 on july 1st and assuming that the results might take 4 weeks, i might not have anough time before the deadline to send my part 2 scores as after i get my result i need to order the sealed copy so is it possible for me to send inn the notarized copy of part 2 and then send in the sealed copy once i receive it.My problem here is the deadline. can anybody advise. I have already requested for the extra copy before taking the exam to my residence but they told me that they send the extra copy one week after the original results. can anybody please help me with this.

Hey fellow UIC 2010 classmates

Do we have to have the immunizations sheet mailed to UIC or bring it to orientation. please let me know what all of you are doing. Has everyone registered for classes yet?

Thanks

dentalbug

hi,
i still have another hepB shot ..so, it's going to take a while for me....i'll ask at the orientation what the best to do is;
see you next wed.
take care,

Please post your views , what is the best advice for me

Hope everyone had a great summer, see you all UIC class of 2010 next week

Dentalbug

hello all,
first, nice meeting you all today;)..we really have a nice class:)
for all those that are applying to UIC, some insights:)
first, all the staff people are super nice:thumbup:
then...nbde part 1 avg has increased to 87
63% of us have taken part 2
the avg toefl score is 93.3
we're 16 ladies and 8 gentelmen;)
they had 264 applications and 75 interviews
and some good news for those of you concerned by your age... the avg is 31.5 YO with a 50(yes, fifty) as maximum...so, guys, chin up and don't let you age come in your way
there are 12 from India, 2 from Syria, 2 Jordan, 2 Romania, and 1 from Bulgaria, Lithuania, Iran, Colombia and Nepal..hmmm i'm missing somebody... sorry guys

so, best of luck for those applying to UIC!!!!
and see you tomorrow;)

hello all,
first, nice meeting you all today;)..we really have a nice class:)
for all those that are applying to UIC, some insights:)
first, all the staff people are super nice:thumbup:
then...nbde part 1 avg has increased to 87
63% of us have taken part 2
the avg toefl score is 93.3
we're 16 ladies and 8 gentelmen;)
they had 264 applications and 75 interviews
and some good news for those of you concerned by your age... the avg is 31.5 YO with a 50(yes, fifty) as maximum...so, guys, chin up and don't let you age come in your way
there are 12 from India, 2 from Syria, 2 Jordan, 2 Romania, and 1 from Bulgaria, Lithuania, Iran, Colombia and Nepal..hmmm i'm missing somebody... sorry guys

so, best of luck for those applying to UIC!!!!
and see you tomorrow;)
hi starry night..
thanx for ur input..your posts are always very informative...the average score for part 1 is 87..means are there people with scores lower than 87 who hav secured admission..?
i hvapplied for the next year cycle..

Members don't see this ad :)
hi starrynight
thank you so much for your help your efforts are always very helpful
what is the minimum score of nbde 1 in your class....i will realy apreate your help

hi starrynight
my stats are
nbde 1-82
GPA 3.75
Toefl-104
6 months experience in US as Dental Assistant

DO YOU THINK I HAVE ANY CHANCE IN UIC...PLEASE HELP I WILL REAAAALLLLY BE THANKFULL TO YOU

hi starrynight
my stats are
nbde 1-82
GPA 3.75
Toefl-104
6 months experience in US as Dental Assistant

DO YOU THINK I HAVE ANY CHANCE IN UIC...PLEASE HELP I WILL REAAAALLLLY BE THANKFULL TO YOU

hi there,
82 it's pretty low..still you have good gpa and toefl...think about taking nbde2 and , well, re-taking the nbde1...you'll have more chances with a score over at least 85 if not 87...but that's only my opinion, maybe the comitee will find some other interesting facts about you and will call you nevertheless...
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much for your reply starrynight i live in IL and i want to get into UIC only.....i took my part 1 on april 17 i want to retake it but i can do after 3 months and it comes to 17 july and the last date is 1 aug.............................so.................i am really confused ......dont want to waste another year....

hi..
i have a question..does the student affairs commitee send you an email or a phone call, saying that your application is complete or incomplete...
i have not heard from them after i submitted my application 3 weeks back...also, i emailed them, and they said..they vl let me know...
has any one received any response?

They usually send you an email saying that your file is complete, it may take up to 4 weeks, they are probably busy right now, since we started classes and memorial day is coming up so hang in there. We are all very busy with initial class work, so may take a while to reply. UIC is great, nice people, good system and great learning experience

good luck

Dentalbug

thanks a lot..
yes.. they did tell me that they are bus with the new batch orientation...

hi starrynight
thank you so much for your help your efforts are always very helpful
what is the minimum score of nbde 1 in your class....i will realy apreate your help[/quote
.any replies from the current students???

hello,
i don't know the lowest nbde 1 score in our class..still, if the heighest was around 93 and the avg is 87 i would presume that the min should be around 81...just my lucky guess;)

hello,
i don't know the lowest nbde 1 score in our class..still, if the heighest was around 93 and the avg is 87 i would presume that the min should be around 81...just my lucky guess;)

vow.81?? .thats not too competitive...:luck: hope thats true..

vow.81?? .thats not too competitive...:luck: hope thats true..
it's pretty tough to say what is competitive and what is not..you come as a whole, not only a score..if you read some answers from last year, people with higher score and almost perfect gpa didn't get in...plus i don't know if the average is really the arithmatic mean or is the mode or the median of the scores..81 is a wild guess..so don't rely entirely on it..

anybody get into UIC w/out part II? if so, please state ur gpa and part I score. thanks!

Hi

I am applying to UIC for 2009.My toefl score is from Sept 2006,would it be accepted since its valid till Sept 2008.On their website its mentioned that scores older then May 2007 will not be accepted.

Can I apply now and take toefl later?Are they pretty strict about the date of scores?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

the score is valid 2 years , but up to the date you begin the school..so 2009 minus 2 is 2007..that's why is 2007 and not 2006..you should re-take the toefl, i really don't think they'll wait for you..do it as soon as possible so you won't miss this year addmission;
good luck!

Last edited:
the score is valid 2 years , but up to the date you begin the school..so 2009 minus 2 is 2007..that's way is 2007 and not 2006..you should re-take the toefl, i really don't think they'll wait for you..do it as soon as possible so you won't miss this year addmission;
good luck!

Thanks starry...i was expecting the response from you:thumbup:

I called other schools as well and they are accepting my 2006 toefl score for 2009 cycle but I guess UIC is particular about it.

Thanks for your help and good luck with school!

hey guys congrats to all of u to get into UIC..i am applying to uic this year for 2011 batch..please guys help us with ur experiences in practical/ bench test and personal interviews..what did they ask u and what was asked in bench test.. please please guys help out by sharing ur any kind of experiences in all the interviews u appeared for?? thanks alot guys..

hi..
i have a question..does the student affairs commitee send you an email or a phone call, saying that your application is complete or incomplete...
i have not heard from them after i submitted my application 3 weeks back...also, i emailed them, and they said..they vl let me know...
has any one received any response?

hey doc they take around 6-7 weeks to process ur application i got reply from them stating the status about my application.. so dont worry they will send u a response soon..hows ur part 1 score? any idea abt the bench test and interview in uic?

hey guys congrats to all of u to get into UIC..i am applying to uic this year for 2011 batch..please guys help us with ur experiences in practical/ bench test and personal interviews..what did they ask u and what was asked in bench test.. please please guys help out by sharing ur any kind of experiences in all the interviews u appeared for?? thanks alot guys..

First of all the UIC interview is very relaxing, there was no practical but they ask you clinical questions and ask you to comment and evaluate preps on a typodont. They also tested our english skills by making us read a passage from a dental text. The director and head of clinical program are the two profs that usually do the screening and interview. As a hint: you need to make sure that you are in touch with dentistry (i.e. RDH, dental assistant, etc), you use dental terms and vocab during the interview.

There is always a question of stats so to repeat avg. part I was 87 in our class. But in general in MY opinion (not that of UIC) one must have Part I 87+, TOEFL 97+, GPA 3.0+, and good dental sop. Being a re-applicant helps.

Dentalbug

Hi

Is there a number where I can speak with a representative at UIC.I left a message on the number in contact us section but didn't get a response.

I have question regarding the IDP.

thanks

Hi

Is there a number where I can speak with a representative at UIC.I left a message on the number in contact us section but didn't get a response.

I have question regarding the IDP.

thanks

email is the best way to contact the IDDP, so it would be best if you sent your questions via email

good luck

Dentalbug

the score is valid 2 years , but up to the date you begin the school..so 2009 minus 2 is 2007..that's why is 2007 and not 2006..you should re-take the toefl, i really don't think they'll wait for you..do it as soon as possible so you won't miss this year addmission;
good luck!

Hey
Can u please tell me the star date of UIC in MAy 2008.tHAnk you.I will be applying for May 2009.

do you mean when we started the semester in 2008?..it was may 19th;)

Thanks starry nite.
i have my part 1 86
part 2 77
gpa 3.65
toefl 104
5 yrs exp in india
1 + year in US as Dental assiatant
reapplicant

dO u think i stand a good chance for UIC for 2009 batch.

Thank you .

Thanks starry nite.
i have my part 1 86
part 2 77
gpa 3.65
toefl 104
5 yrs exp in india
1 + year in US as Dental assiatant
reapplicant

dO u think i stand a good chance for UIC for 2009 batch.

Thank you .

hi there,
i think you stand a fair chance;show them that UIC is what you really want:thumbup: good luck!