This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalaland33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between these two schools as I got early decision for both schools and acceptance but there are good and bad things about both locations.

Texas Tech Abilene: proximity to Dallas (home), small class size so better relationship with professors, low tuition and living costs

Houston: Texas Medical center, better Naplex scores, better buildings/classrooms

Both have PharmD/MBA which I am considering.

What's important to me in the end is a good education that can help me get into a residency and prepare me for clinical practice. Could pharmacy students or students that are applying to either school let me know why you chose/are choosing Tech or Houston?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to both schools and got acceptances to both; however, I did not choose to matriculate into either. When I was applying to schools, I was also thinking about the pro's/con's to both programs:
  • The fact that you live in the Dallas area, means that you will not be too far from home.
  • You want to do a residency, TTUHSC has more of its students accepted to residency than UHCOP; bc TTUHSC has a very strong clinical base in its curriculum.
  • Not that it matters, but TTUHSC is ranked higher than UHCOP
  • Smaller class sizes equates to more research opportunities with your professors at your campus, which makes you a competitive applicant for residency programs.
  • TTUHSC predominantly has a piece of Dallas, where UHCOP students are competing for internships with TSUCOP
If I were you, I would go with TTUHSC.

Reactions: 1 users