"Uh oh" USMLE Step 2 CS Scoring Error.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MTGas2B

Cloudy and 50
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It would be nice for this to make a final end to the charade of Step 2 CS. Not a chance though.

At the very least, those that were affected should have a full refund of their fees. Yeah, right... :smuggrin:

The screw-up dates are from January 12th to March 30th, just about the same time programs were forming their rank lists. Is it possible a failing score could have bumped some of these people down prorgam's rank lists? I know that programs were "advised" not to base their selections on this year's CS exam, but how could they possibly ignore a failing score? Hmmm...just thought I would stir the pot.

Were there some people who received a "pass" who really failed? I assume we would've heard by now if our results aren't accurate...

I hate this f%*#ing exam. :mad:

Amy said:
Were there some people who received a "pass" who really failed? I assume we would've heard by now if our results aren't accurate...

I hate this f%*#ing exam. :mad:

They first focused on people who failed only the ICE. That's how they've identified 38 people who definitely passed but had their scores reported as fail. They also have another 20 they have yet to decide on. Then they are going to go back in detail and look at all the people who passed. Since the problem was in matching up patient notes to the right candidate, you can only assume that 38 people out there, at least will fail. I guess the reason they say the number will be less than that is that probably if you faield the patient note, you failed other parts of the exam as well. So the only people it would affect are people who passed everything else, and have a low SP score but someone else's good note brought them up to passing. I think the number of mistakes in this system is so low because since everyone mostly passes, matching up score sheets to the wrong person usually doesn't make a difference (esp since it is only pass/fail).