UH Hilo College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Personally, I think the classroom interior is really nice, and I don't think learning inside the temporary building has any effect on student's academic ability. School provides at least 6~ 7 conferences rooms for student to study. I use it at least 4~ 5 hours on a daily basis. There are laboratories with expensive instruments and autoclave machine inside as well. I don't think this is an average trailers you're thinking about.

I do agree having a permanent building associated with pharmacy school is important. It's important on a superficial level, I don't believe the effects on faculty teaching/student learning are significant. I came from a well known University with fancy looking buildings, worked in a laboratory with the best technology possible in the country, and I am not going through any withdrawal. I have helped collect support in the community for the building, and believe me, the support is overwhelming. Hilo is a college town, and everyone would love to have a pharmacy school with a nice looking building. Even Mayor Billy Kenoi visited us and assure that we would get the funding for the building.

What happened is very unfortunate, and is out of our control. UHH COP is not a for profit school that accept 150 to 200 students nor is it a HICP scam school. For ACPE to give school trouble over something that is not really our fault is unreasonable.

I agree with kcwang, I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived in Hilo for orientation week and saw the temporary buildings for the first time. The interior of the facilities as well as the technology went above and beyond what I expected when I heard that I would be paying 30K+ a year to attend classes in temporary trailers. I attended Purdue University for undergrad and I think that the level of technology as well as the appearance of the facilities is just as good as PU's. I decided to attend UHH after hearing about the great achievements Dean Pezzuto had helped Purdue accomplish, and I have not regretted my decision for a moment. The funding for the permanent building is just a minor glitch in an overall very successful and very young pharmacy program, and I have no doubt that ACPE will take all these positives into account.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
3 good LOR

You should start a new thread for a new class. I am applying here this cycle too!

Members don't see this ad :)

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
3 good LOR

Your stats are definitely interview worthy! Just make sure you are well prepared for the interview. :)

Aloha!

I'll be a P1 this Fall and just had some questions about housing.

What apartment buildings do you recommend? Or stay away from?

What neighborhoods are good to look into?

Thanks!

I know someone who is flying to Hilo for an interview in April.. I'm not too sure if it runs into May.

How does the interview process work? If I apply and got an interview would I have to fly out to Hilo? I also was told that they do interviews in Vegas? Someone confirm please.

Yes there are interviews in Vegas but the last ones are in February. You should apply early so you can get those.

Yes there are interviews in Vegas but the last ones are in February. You should apply early so you can get those.

Thanks! I understand that the 2017 cycle is closed, I will be applying this fall for the 2018 cycle!

I'm going to be a p1 this August and trying to plan out the year. After the finals in December 16-20 will I have other school task to complete or will I be free to fly back home for the break right after my last final. Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm going to be a p1 this August and trying to plan out the year. After the finals in December 16-20 will I have other school task to complete or will I be free to fly back home for the break right after my last final. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello. I'm a P3 student at UH Hilo and also an Ambassador. After the last final exam, you're free to fly back home. We don't usually have responsibilities after finals.

Has anyone started a UH Hilo Pharmacy 2014-2015 thread yet? I will be applying early decision and I wanted to see if anyone else will be doing the same!

Has anyone started a UH Hilo Pharmacy 2014-2015 thread yet? I will be applying early decision and I wanted to see if anyone else will be doing the same!

I haven't seen one for this cycle. I just submitted for Early Decision to UH Hilo as well. Just waiting for the supplemental invite