UF vs UPitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annessaf

Reaction score
I am UF in-state and UPitt out of state. I much prefer living in Pittsburgh to gainesville but the cost is much more even with a scholarship to pitt (Pitt is about $350k overall and UF is about $285k overall). Additionally I am not sure how that interest would compound over the years and what the difference in what I actually end up paying would be. I also do not know how FAFSA would affect this since I am low-income and it seems like UPitt has more funds. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am UF in-state and UPitt out of state. I much prefer living in Pittsburgh to gainesville but the cost is much more even with a scholarship to pitt (Pitt is about $350k overall and UF is about $285k overall). Additionally I am not sure how that interest would compound over the years and what the difference in what I actually end up paying would be. I also do not know how FAFSA would affect this since I am low-income and it seems like UPitt has more funds. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks!
google "compound interest calculator"

and then choose the cheaper school...

Reactions: 1 user
I also do not know how FAFSA would affect this since I am low-income and it seems like UPitt has more funds. I would appreciate any insight.
Of course FAFSA is messed up right now so be patient if your can.

If you are low-income, I worked be surprised if Florida can't tap into scholarship funds to help you. I would expect Pitt to at least meet your in-state Florida tuition (or get close) if that's where you want to be. However, you need to rely on the loan calculators and choose the best financial aid team if you cannot choose strictly by cost. Who can get you more scholarships once you are enrolled? You need to know that FA office will really advocate for you. Would you consider a variation of HPSP or NHSC to knock down the debt number?