UF MHP Applicants 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

etudier12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I thought I'd create a thread for applicants to the University of Florida's Medical Honors Program (c/o 2026). Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually interviews for MHP tend to be in late march (earliest), and the month of April. I hope this helps! Keep in mind I'm not fully aware if they have changed it up since COVID started I'm basing this off of what usually has happened in the past.

Reactions: 1 users
Usually interviews for MHP tend to be in late march (earliest), and the month of April. I hope this helps! Keep in mind I'm not fully aware if they have changed it up since COVID started I'm basing this off of what usually has happened in the past.
Thanks so much! @QueenD do you remember how early they notified you if you got an interview? (Like a week before your interview date?)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from them yet regarding interviews?
There was an interview today (3/26, which I was a part of). 194 people applied and 42 will be selected for an interview. From there, they said that they’d pick 14 people to join the cohort.
so, I think there’ll be two more interview dates, probably in mid to late April. We’ll find out their decisions May 12.
Good luck to you!!!

Reactions: 1 user
There was an interview today (3/26, which I was a part of). 194 people applied and 42 will be selected for an interview. From there, they said that they’d pick 14 people to join the cohort.
so, I think there’ll be two more interview dates, probably in mid to late April. We’ll find out their decisions May 12.
Good luck to you!!!
That’s amazing! Did you utilize the updates section at all?

That’s amazing! Did you utilize the updates section at all?

Thank you! Yeah I think I sent in my updates around March 12th or so-- I definitely think it helped so I'd recommend just putting something down since it also demonstrates continued interest

Good luck to you!!!
Congrats!

Do you mind sharing when and how you were notified about your interview?

Has anyone heard back from uf for this program recently?

Yeah. Does anyone know if second round interviews have been sent yet? My friend called and they said they were behind on looking at apps.

Yeah. Does anyone know if second round interviews have been sent yet? My friend called and they said they were behind on looking at apps.
I was recently invited for an interview on April 23rd, but I got notified more than a week before the date so I would assume that they are making the calls over multiple days as @etudier12 was notified a week in advance. Good luck!!

I was recently invited for an interview on April 23rd, but I got notified more than a week before the date so I would assume that they are making the calls over multiple days as @etudier12 was notified a week in advance. Good luck!!
Congrats @braineuro ! Would you mind letting us know after your interview whether or not the 23rd was the second or last interview date? I'm curious whether or not as @shahk4 they're behind on looking at apps-- good luck to you and to everyone else!

Congrats @braineuro ! Would you mind letting us know after your interview whether or not the 23rd was the second or last interview date? I'm curious whether or not as @shahk4 they're behind on looking at apps-- good luck to you and to everyone else!
Of course! Will do! Gl everyone!

My friend called and they angrily cut the call. She asked if interview notifications would continue this week.

Does anyone know if rejections are being sent out? Or when the next interview date is by any chance? I haven't heard anything back yet interview/rejection wise but I'm wondering if interviews conclude at the end of April, invites would stop being sent out this week? What do you guys think

Does anyone know if rejections are being sent out? Or when the next interview date is by any chance? I haven't heard anything back yet interview/rejection wise but I'm wondering if interviews conclude at the end of April, invites would stop being sent out this week? What do you guys think
From what I can tell all acceptances/ rejections will be sent out on May 12– at least that’s what they said on my interview date back in March. I’ve heard that they’re behind on apps though so this might be subject to change— hopefully @braineuro will be able to update us

Hello,

Unfortunately, during my interview day, we were not given any information regarding whether or not there will be another interview. The admissions committee shared information about the decisions probably coming out on May 12th. However, they might be a bit delayed, in which case the decisions may come out on the 14th or 15th instead. In terms of acceptances, they said they will be selecting up to 14 individuals as @etudier12 had mentioned.

For anyone who applies and is unable to join the MHP program, the admissions committee also recommended to stay in touch if you plan to apply to UF via the traditional route.