UCSF waiting is killing me!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spoons

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from UCSF yet?? This waiting is driving me nuts. I can't focus at my school work. I interviewed early. James said he will send out reply in the order received. So why am I not hearing anything from UCSF!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Let me know if anyone out there is as frustrated as me.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by spoons
James said he will send out reply in the order received. So why am I not hearing anything from UCSF!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Nope.. nothing yet. I keep waiting for the mail to arrive everyday. What do you mean that James will send out reply in the order received? I thought files were being pulled randomly for evaluation. I also interviewed early on Jan 30. Does it mean that the longer it takes them to get back to us.. the less chance we have of getting in? Urrgghh.. UCSF is my only hope so the wait is really frustrating for me as well.

Yea, definitely, it isn't in the order they are received, because I interviewed Feb 13th and my acceptance was March 10th. Do you mean, "received" as in picked randomly? Hmm..

I was thinking the same thing last week (while feeling the same painful anxiety of waiting), about if they pull randomly, what if they pick you randomly and there aren't any spaces left? They must have another fair system in place. With the level of organization, I have seen, it would be out of character. I wouldn't stress too highly, I am sure everyone is taken into consideration the same.

Good luck to both of you! I'm sure acceptances await both of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Oneday_9
I was thinking the same thing last week (while feeling the same painful anxiety of waiting), about if they pull randomly, what if they pick you randomly and there aren't any spaces left? They must have another fair system in place. With the level of organization, I have seen, it would be out of character. I wouldn't stress too highly, I am sure everyone is taken into consideration the same.

I wish I knew how this whole admission process worked. :rolleyes: How would you explain some people receiving early acceptance letters? Even James's email stated that some offers could be sent early.

Anyhow.. congrats to you!! :clap: :clap: Was UCSF your 1st choice?

Just relax! When you are desperate...things seem to take forever. Focus on your classes because worrying or sitting by your mailbox will not speed up the process. Just relax and enjoy life! Best of luck to all! I am sure your hard work will pay off! Congrats to all that have been accepted!

I've been following the mailman down the street as he walks towards my neighborhood - J/K. The stress of waiting on UCSF will be all good if they offer me a seat, but it'd sure suck if I've been stressin and I get a denial. I'm going to take a break from the stress this weekend in Vegas - except for the few hours I'm iv'ing at NVCP. Microbus out

well...same here, still waiting and running after the mailman :)

this is just how i think it would work to be fair - they probably pull a file, and if it is a strong applicant, they'd send the acceptance right away - but if the app is borderline, they might hold on to it to compare it with the later files so that they would not give an advantage to those files pulled earlier. that's just an idea...

Great to hear that I am not the only one going crazy about this. It is horrible going to mail, and all you see are grocery store ads and phone bills:(

P.S. Those waiting to hear from UCSF, hav you heard anything from UCSD????

yeah, I got a rejection from UCSD in early march

Originally posted by spoons
Great to hear that I am not the only one going crazy about this. It is horrible going to mail, and all you see are grocery store ads and phone bills:(

Haha I hear ya spoons! I go to the mailbox digging through the ads thinking maybe it got stuck b/w the ads. :laugh:

Only two weeks of waiting left at most tho right?? We'll know by April 1st for sure...at least that's what the website says....