UCSF vs. UPenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

halleyscomet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to have to make a decision between UCSF and Penn (no, not trolling). I have family in California, went to undergrad there, and may qualify for in-state tuition. That aside, I absolutely loved Penn. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I am fortunate enough to have to make a decision between UCSF and Penn (no, not trolling). I have family in California, went to undergrad there, and may qualify for in-state tuition. That aside, I absolutely loved Penn. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

It's actually a decent question...

It's up to you to decide what is more important for you. If you want to stay near family, value good weather, or value cheap in-state tuition, then UCSF is the way to go.

I think UCSF's and UPenn's prestige in the medical field is a wash. Both are research powerhouses and will get you wherever you want to go. UCSF is not quite as known by the laypeople, so if that's something you find important (or if you're really picky about US News Rankings), Penn might be better.

I have friends at both schools who are very happy with their communities so I don't think you can go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.