UCSF/SFVA hiring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cchoukal

Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
UCSF and the San Francisco VA are looking for a few anesthesiologists. Although we're primarily looking for OR folks, applicants must be qualified for appointment at UCSF, which means they must be fellowship trained and have some academic interest/potential. There are opportunities in the closed med/surg ICU and in the pain clinic. We do cardiac, but we're not specifically looking to add to the cardiac group.

We'd certainly be interested in a regional fellow grad, but, for obvious reasons, that OB fellowship you just finished probably isn't super attractive to the VA.

PM me if interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have someone who I know is interested in an Attending Physician for Anesthesia job....He has done a fellowship in Peds Anesthesia and Critical Care . He is now finishing up a fellowship in Liver and Solid Organ Transplant.....He will be giving his boards in July but has an active license for NY & Fl....not Calif.....should he apply for the job?

Let me know what his chances are.

Much appreciate it.

TC

I have someone who I know is interested in an Attending Physician for Anesthesia job....He has done a fellowship in Peds Anesthesia and Critical Care . He is now finishing up a fellowship in Liver and Solid Organ Transplant.....He will be giving his boards in July but has an active license for NY & Fl....not Calif.....should he apply for the job?

Let me know what his chances are.

Much appreciate it.

TC

You could have your friend PM me, and we evaluate applicants in kind of a rolling fashion. In general, though, I would say that since we do neither peds nor transplants, it might not be the best opportunity for your friend. The licensure is not a factor; a physician can be credentialed by a VA hospital with a valid license from any state.