ucsf people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MirrorTodd

It's a gas.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm applying this year to med schools and currently in SF. I wanted to go visit the campus since I'm here. Is there anything special to see/look for? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The purpose of the Allo forum isn't for pre-meds to have access to med students. It's for med students to discuss issues related to med school.

The purpose of the Allo forum isn't for pre-meds to have access to med students. It's for med students to discuss issues related to med school.

Power trip much ? Funny how at all the other professional forums, no one ostrasizes pre-students for posting in the current student section, but here it's one of the first things that get brought up.

MT, you can pm shemarty, I believe she is the president of the 2013 med student class and led UCSF thread discussion from last year. I had an elective with her, she seems very nice.

Alternatively, I'll be on campus on Wednesday and can show you around between noon-1pm. We use all the same classrooms as med students anyway, literally spend hours next door to them, take the same interprofessional electives and use the same anatomy lab. I don't think I can show you the anatomy since you have to have permission to be there, but classrooms and the campus itself why not.

I have a pretty crazy week though - 10 meetings, 2 presentations preps and such. So I can only do 12-1 ( 1 one of my meetings start) on Wed if you decide to go my route. :)

Power trip much ? Funny how at all the other professional forums, no one ostrasizes pre-students for posting in the current student section, but here it's one of the first things that get brought up.

Not a power trip so much as a fact. Please read.

He could just easily pmed a mod and asked him to move the thread.

But he didn't and he doesn't have to. It's not his thread. He was just informing OP. You jumped, and prematurely.

But I digress. OP, you got some good info from cheburashka. You could probably go to the c/o 2013 page, too, find some names, and start PMing. :luck:

Ah, I figured it would be better answered by people who go to school there.

Not necessarily. Assuming an even distribution, only 1 in 130 people who visit this forum will be from UCSF. Pre-med students are in the midst of visiting institutions and deciding between schools. They would probably have a better idea of what to check out at a given institution.

Also, med students post in pre-allo frequently and it has significantly more "traffic" than this forum, so you'll likely get more responses.

Hey everyone, I'm applying this year to med schools and currently in SF. I wanted to go visit the campus since I'm here. Is there anything special to see/look for? Thanks.

You must see this

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3QIW9iVh8I[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.