UCSF Letters??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's only been about two weeks since they sent out letters. Relax. Everything is fine. There's still another month to go.

Now that you've done everything, shouldn't be stressing about something one cannot control.

Members don't see this ad.

i got my acceptance today! check your mailboxes!

anybody here that went to the 2/10 interview still waiting for their letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the 1/27 interview and still havent heard anything :(
Well, I havent gone back home today so I dont know....but I doubt it :sleep:

DC1120 said:

i went to the 1/25(or was it the 26th i forget) interview and i still havent gotten any letters from them. Does anyone know the process of how they decide who gets admittance? It's definately not according to date of interview right?

this waiting part is more nerve racking than the interview..haha
oh well.. i guess not getting any letter is better than getting a rejection letter.. :(

congrats to those who got in!!!

DC1120 said:

I went to the 2/9 interview and am still waiting, no matter what the decision is I firmly believe things happen for a reason, but I have had to be reminded by my family, friends, and husband on that one recently...

mine is 2/9. But still waiting.

I think people who went to interviews on FEB 8,9,10 will get the letters this week, since people who went to their interviews on 1/19 and 1/27 got it on Feb 27th, people who went to the 2/4 got their letters 3/10, so the 2/9 and 2/10 will probably get it this week. Good luck everyone!

DC1120 said:
I think people who went to interviews on FEB 8,9,10 will get the letters this week, since people who went to their interviews on 1/19 and 1/27 got it on Feb 27th, people who went to the 2/4 got their letters 3/10, so the 2/9 and 2/10 will probably get it this week. Good luck everyone!

I had mine on 1/27 and still havent heard anything...

DC1120 said:

went on 2/4 and havent heard anything ...

DC1120 said:

Well I guess I'm an exception to above because I went on 2/4, and got my letter on the 27th. I think I forgot to mention that somewhere on their website it said that their selection process was random, so I'm not sure if interview date has anything to do with when you get your letter. Good luck to everyone, there's plenty of time!

blizz said:
Well I guess I'm an exception to above because I went on 2/4, and got my letter on the 27th. I think I forgot to mention that somewhere on their website it said that their selection process was random, so I'm not sure if interview date has anything to do with when you get your letter. Good luck to everyone, there's plenty of time!

I received a letter of provisional acceptance today (due to the fact that I need to complete one more course this coming summer) and my interview was on 2/9. Good luck to everyone!!
And the letter was dated 3/13/2006

DC1120 said:

I had mine on 2/4 and haven't heard anything either.

Here's a question...Do they hold up your acceptance if there is a pre-requisite pending? There is a biology course they said I had to take, which doesn't make sense b/c got my B.A. in bio and its a freshman-level course (plus I got nothing lower than a B in all bio courses). I went to the Dean at my undergrad school and she wrote them a letter with some documentation to support that I have covered the curriculum. Last I heard from the admissions coordinator, they were reviewing the materials they received from her.
Does anyone think this would delay an admissions decision??

Members don't see this ad :)
mellyrara said:
I received a letter of provisional acceptance today (due to the fact that I need to complete one more course this coming summer) and my interview was on 2/9. Good luck to everyone!!

Hey Mellyrara--
Does that mean you are guaranteed a seat as long as you complete the course by the end of the summer, or are you considered "waitlisted"?

MuraRX said:
Hey Mellyrara--
Does that mean you are guaranteed a seat as long as you complete the course by the end of the summer, or are you considered "waitlisted"?

This means that I am accepted as long as I finish that one class and it said that I have 14 days from the date of the letter to respond or their offer will be withdrawn and my position will be given to an alternate on their waiting list

MuraRX said:
Hey Mellyrara--

i was provisinally accepted with four prerequisites left to complete, so you have nothing to worry about. they will hold a seat for you as long as you complete the class. good luck!

mellyrara said:

wow. congrats! you received the letter on the same day it was postmarked? Do you live in the city?

flor said:
wow. congrats! you received the letter on the same day it was postmarked? Do you live in the city?

The letter was sent on 3/10 according to the USPS stamp and the date on the letter is 3/13 and I happened to receive it on 3/13.

Is everyone that has received an acceptance letter from UCSF a CA resident? I'm in NJ and I wonder if that has anything to do with why it's taking longer to receive anything from them.

MuraRX said:
Is everyone that has received an acceptance letter from UCSF a CA resident? I'm in NJ and I wonder if that has anything to do with why it's taking longer to receive anything from them.

I live in San Francisco, had an early interview and still haven't received the letter. It's not just you... hang in there!

flor said:
I live in San Francisco, had an early interview and still haven't received the letter. It's not just you... hang in there!

Thanks Flor...you too and best of luck!

flor said:
Please dont be alarmed. I am just assuming... This wait is making me coocko and started to reason why I havent gotten anything yet. They say they evaluate applications ramdonly but how can they send out acceptances if they havent gotten through all the applications so they'd have an idea of how many people should get in. I just think it makes more sense for them to rank all applicants and send out the acceptance to top candidates and see if they accept the offer in 14 days. Then by the end of March, they will have an idea of how many people would be on the waitlist.. just a guessing...sorry I'm traumatized by last year. I had to wait until the end of spring break to get my waitlist letter. :(

Hey Flor, when was your Spring Break last year? Cuz I'm on my Spring Break now. *sigh* I hate this waiting business, if they wanted to reject me, they should just get it over with. GRR to those people...

Does anyone know if UCSF sends rejection notices last (after all acceptances have been mailed out) or as soon as they make their decision?

thaliagoo said:
Hey Flor, when was your Spring Break last year? Cuz I'm on my Spring Break now. *sigh* I hate this waiting business, if they wanted to reject me, they should just get it over with. GRR to those people...

Does anyone know if UCSF sends rejection notices last (after all acceptances have been mailed out) or as soon as they make their decision?

Hi Thalia!
To be exact, I got my waitlist letter last year on March 22 so I have a feeling that I'll be receiving something this week (uhhhhh scary!) It wouldnt surprise me if I'm on the waitlist again :mad:
Anyways, good luck to you!

I'M GOING TO UCSF!!!!! WHOAAAA!!!!!! I can't believe this....my dream is actually becoming a reality....i can't even type right now..my hands are shaking...

good luck to everyone....

care324 said:
I'M GOING TO UCSF!!!!! WHOAAAA!!!!!! I can't believe this....my dream is actually becoming a reality....i can't even type right now..my hands are shaking...

good luck to everyone....

care, you rock my socks. muahaha!! i knew you'd get in... :smuggrin: btw, i looked like a fool at kerckhoff screaming F-YEAH!

i'll be stalking my mailbox even more feverishly now haha.

congrats girl. yes!

thank you!!! i'll be waiting for your phone call...and watch it will be ME that will be looking like a fool... :D

trublue06 said:
care, you rock my socks. muahaha!! i knew you'd get in... :smuggrin: btw, i looked like a fool at kerckhoff screaming F-YEAH!

i'll be stalking my mailbox even more feverishly now haha.

congrats girl. yes!

I am sooooo excited! Finally, after a long wait, I got my acceptance letter yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! :thumbup:
FYI, my letter was actually dated 3/10, but I didn't receive it until yesterday (3/15). So for those who are waiting, GOOD LUCK! The acceptance is probably on the way!!!!!

I know that applicant's files are pulled randomly, but I was wondering for those of you who are current UCSF students: are rejection letters sent out at the end? I feel like if we haven't been accepted by the end of next week at least, it's likely that they'll reject us.

bja said:
I know that applicant's files are pulled randomly, but I was wondering for those of you who are current UCSF students: are rejection letters sent out at the end? I feel like if we haven't been accepted by the end of next week at least, it's likely that they'll reject us.

maybe you should post this question in the pharmacy forum so more current students are likely to see it.....
I'm curious about that too by the way; this wait is driving me crazy! It's an emotional rollercoaster with the hope everyday that "today might be the day" and then the disappointment when I find out its not :scared: :eek:

Has anybody heard anything recently? acceptance, rejection, waitlist?
I'm in the threshold to call them.... ahhhhhh :scared:

flor said:
Has anybody heard anything recently? acceptance, rejection, waitlist?
I'm in the threshold to call them.... ahhhhhh :scared:

I've thought about it too but decided against it. I'm gonna wait til the end of the month. If I don't know anything by April 1st, then I'll call. It says on their website that final decision should be mailed no later than April 1st.
I wonder if they send emails before the official letter, like UCSD does?

FINALLY! I received my letter of acceptance today! :laugh: The letter was postmarked March 20th and it was received in San Francisco. I'm ecstatic!!!!
Good luck to those who haven't heard yet. You should definitely hear by next week! :D

xturquoise said:
FINALLY! I received my letter of acceptance today! :laugh: The letter was postmarked March 20th and it was received in San Francisco. I'm ecstatic!!!!
Good luck to those who haven't heard yet. You should definitely hear by next week! :D

Congratulations xturquoise! I'm happy for you and envious I must admit. Just curious (since I'm still waiting)...when did you have your interview?

MuraRX said:
Congratulations xturquoise! I'm happy for you and envious I must admit. Just curious (since I'm still waiting)...when did you have your interview?

I interviewed on February 10th. I, too, had been waiting for a long time. It got really frustrating because I kept hoping that I would receive a letter soon. It's hard to keep thinking, is today the day? And when it's not, then you think, maybe tomorrow? It's so much better to just know so you can move on with life. Just hang in there. You should get a letter real soon. :)

xturquoise said:
I interviewed on February 10th. I, too, had been waiting for a long time. It got really frustrating because I kept hoping that I would receive a letter soon. It's hard to keep thinking, is today the day? And when it's not, then you think, maybe tomorrow? It's so much better to just know so you can move on with life. Just hang in there. You should get a letter real soon. :)

Thanks...I hope so...you described to the tee what I've been feeling every day! It's not only frustrating but nerve-racking! I interviewed Feb 4th, but I live in Jersey so that might have something to do with it. At least they say they mail all final decisions by April 1st. If I don't have a letter by then--or at least the 1st week in April, I'm calling them!!!

I got my letter today!!!! :love: I was so happy that I couldnt stop shaking!
I'm also in SF and the letter was postmarked on March 20! I interviewed on Jan 27th. Good luck to those who are still waiting :luck:

sorry wrong post

congratulations everyone!
:luck:

xturquoise said:

congrats buddy. i had a feeling that you'd get in. you deserve it. =)

trublue06 said:
congrats buddy. i had a feeling that you'd get in. you deserve it. =)

Thanks! Along with care, I'll be waiting to hear from you! Good luck with finals! We're almost there... spring break! :D

xturquoise said:

YEAHHHH!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations!!! I've been anxious for you...and trueblue as well.....

good luck with finals and have a good spring break!

flor said:
I'm also in SF and the letter was postmarked on March 20! I interviewed on Jan 27th. Good luck to those who are still waiting :luck:

CONGRATS!!!! I'll see you there!!!

flor said:

Congratulations Flor! I hope I can say the same for myself soon!!! :) :thumbup:

MuraRX said:
Congratulations Flor! I hope I can say the same for myself soon!!! :) :thumbup:

Thanks MuraRX! :D
It might take longer for the letter to reach East Coast, so hang in there! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Buena Suerte :luck:

flor said:
Thanks MuraRX! :D
It might take longer for the letter to reach East Coast, so hang in there! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Buena Suerte :luck:

Gracias Flor! Espero que nos veamos alla! :)

care324 said:
YEAHHHH!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations!!! I've been anxious for you...and trueblue as well.....

good luck with finals and have a good spring break!

i got my letter today...YAY!!! i'm so stoked. thanks for the support girls. :)

trublue06 said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

trublue06 said:

What did I tell you?! I'm SO happy for you! I will be seeing you around for sure! :laugh:

Out of curiosity, who else out there is still waiting?