UCSF--anyone excited?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Dead Yet, I've followed your news closely and wish you immense good luck (I think that we probably live in shouting distance from one another).
Thanks, Blue Fire. Much appreciated.

I ripped open the door and saw a big fat white envelope. Grabbed it and turned it over to find it was from... Blue Shield (telling me my rates went up by 25%).

Then noticed a manilla envelope that I grabbed and saw that it was from University of California, Office of Admissions.... in Davis. Giving me directions to my interview.

Sigh. Not meant to be. At least not this month. Good luck today for all you other Bay Area applicants, or tomorrow for you SoCal types.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks, Blue Fire. Much appreciated.

I ripped open the door and saw a big fat white envelope. Grabbed it and turned it over to find it was from... Blue Shield (telling me my rates went up by 25%).

Then noticed a manilla envelope that I grabbed and saw that it was from University of California, Office of Admissions.... in Davis. Giving me directions to my interview.

Okay, you even faked me out...which, I might add, I don't especially appreciate. ;) Don't lose hope yet...I know I have certainly been waiting longer than expected, and others have too.

Socal people, tomorrow's your day! Good luck!

Thank god for NCAA basketball to occupy me this weekend...

Congrats, Blue Fire and welcome to the thread.

NDY- ARG! That is said with my best pirate accent. Good luck in Davis- I grew up there.

SF

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping for some word tomm (in Norcal..c'mon please...please...:)

I am hoping for something tommarow! SO_CAL!!!!!:luck:

Okay, you even faked me out...which, I might add, I don't especially appreciate. ;)

Ditto to this! :cool:

Gosh I'm pulling for so many of you and praying for you guys. Also, I love how the lurkers have joined because of our awesome bunch here. But before people freak out, it could be that your interviewers weren't present for committee. So sit tight and until the final news is out, don't lose hope.

:luck:

Okay, you even faked me out...which, I might add, I don't especially appreciate. ;) Don't lose hope yet...I know I have certainly been waiting longer than expected, and others have too.
Good point, ltrain. I have to remind myself of this. It's too easy to get caught up in your own drama and forget that lots of other folks are going through it to. Some for a lot longer.

Good luck with today's mail, rest o' California. I wonder if it's better or worse expecting it on a Saturday, compulsively checking the mailbox. At least it's exercise.

Huge luck to everybody. I'm pretty set on UCSF now, and I'd love you all to be classmates!!!

Good point, ltrain. I have to remind myself of this. It's too easy to get caught up in your own drama and forget that lots of other folks are going through it to. Some for a lot longer.

Good luck with today's mail, rest o' California. I wonder if it's better or worse expecting it on a Saturday, compulsively checking the mailbox. At least it's exercise.

I've forced myself to go to the lab until 12:30 today since my mail comes at 1:15, and that way at least I won't be standing in the driveway all morning hoping maybe the mail will come early for the first time. . . ever.

:luck: :luck: Good luck everyone!! :luck: :luck: I hope we're all classmates next year!

Ditto to this! :cool:

Gosh I'm pulling for so many of you and praying for you guys. Also, I love how the lurkers have joined because of our awesome bunch here.

LOL, yep, this is the first *nice* thread i've seen. i'm a little sad i'll be in the class of 2012 at UCSF (3 pre-clinical years at berkeley instead of just 2) instead of 2011 with y'all.

Big white envelope in NC this morning.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Keep those California dreams alive!

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Keep those California dreams alive!

North Carolina already?! Congrats EdingerWestphal!! Still hoping for Monday even though I'm in SoCal...:luck: :luck: everybody!!

Well it was a very dramatic post...I was totally convinced you had received your acceptance!

Congrats to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
North Carolina already?! Congrats EdingerWestphal!! Still hoping for Monday even though I'm in SoCal...:luck: :luck: everybody!!

Caribou! I was waiting for good news from you. We better not be waiting another month!!!

Thanks for the congratulations.
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in May at the revisit.

Nothing in my mail today, but it's early for me to hear back so not unexpected.

Hope there is more good news to crop up on this thread this round. :luck:

Has anyone who interviewed at the end of January heard? I'm wondering whether my app has even been reviewed yet.

Has anyone who interviewed at the end of January heard? I'm wondering whether my app has even been reviewed yet.
I interviewed late jan. I got nothing in the mail today. Hopefully theres monday!:(

I interviewed way back in December.

Welcome! You've also given hope to people that are waiting to hear since you had to wait 3 months, instead of an expected 2 months. Celebrate & enjoy the weekend!

All others, don't lose hope!

Jeez, what is up w/ UCSF's reviewing speed, I REALLY REALLY want everyone on this thread to get those acceptance packets! The mailbox stalking sounds excruciating.....and all too familiar. May Monday bring good news to everyone, and especially our liist regulars: PG, Ltrain, Mrs. Smitt, NotDeadYet, Caribou (and anyone else I'm blanking on and not naming!)

(& congrats EW and Blue)

Welcome! You've also given hope to people that are waiting to hear since you had to wait 3 months, instead of an expected 2 months.
This is worth repeating. And I seem to remember them saying that if both your interviewers don't make the meeting, your app gets back burnered for another month. So don't lose hope, folks...

And congrats, Edinger.... Great news....

Congrats Edinger...good luck for those hoping for Monday.

Big white envelope in SoCal today - couldn't believe it...I interviewed mid-Dec before the break and was told I would hear in Feb so when I was passed up I was hoping for the best...and it came today!

I tried to post at noon when I received it but couldn't log on to SDN - are they updating or what? So sorry to those of you who I'm sure were compulsively checking to see where envelopes have arrived as I was. Good luck to everyone waiting - just can't believe what a great group the UCSF thread has!

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Big white envelope in SoCal today - couldn't believe it...I interviewed mid-Dec before the break and was told I would hear in Feb so when I was passed up I was hoping for the best...and it came today!

I tried to post at noon when I received it but couldn't log on to SDN - are they updating or what? So sorry to those of you who I'm sure were compulsively checking to see where envelopes have arrived as I was. Good luck to everyone waiting - just can't believe what a great group the UCSF thread has!

congrats to you. I gues this means I am rejected since I got nothing and am in socal. :(

congrats to you. I gues this means I am rejected since I got nothing and am in socal. :(

Don't lose hope DoctorPLASTIC!! We still have a shot for Monday, and even if nothing comes there's still the possibility of waitlists. Plus, we have another month before the May 1st ucsf end date. There's still a chance!
:luck: :luck: everybody :luck: :luck: and congrats to everyone hearing good news!!

P.s. ltrain, if they make us wait another month I don't know what I'll do. At least that'd be their last chance to drag things out without waitlisting us...:luck: :luck:

This is worth repeating. And I seem to remember them saying that if both your interviewers don't make the meeting, your app gets back burnered for another month. So don't lose hope, folks...

And congrats, Edinger.... Great news....

Well, no news....I'm really hoping that your right, NDY :)
And it looks like people from (mid to late) December are hearing. I was a mid-Jan. So maybe next month, HP, or *gasps* rejection :p

Congrats to everyone...

The compulsive mail-checking saga continues.

PS..anyone want to start UCSF Reloaded (Part 2...we are exceeding 1000 posts).

Congrats!!! Is it your #1?

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed through tomorrow. Good luck, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.