UCSF--anyone excited?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent in all the tax documents for myself and parents, including w2's, as well as the UCSF form, to the College Board. Also, I sent the Lender Promissory Note to UCSF.

do you mind if i ask which lender you chose? i have been doing a bit a comparing and i cant decide.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview in Feb. Would I still hear this week? It would be nice to know early...:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I had my interview in Feb. Would I still hear this week? It would be nice to know early...:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:
Hey, anything's possible. But it seems as if most folks have not received acceptances until eight to ten weeks since their interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting right now is unbearable....:)

Good Luck to all :luck:

I was an early Feb interviewee as well. While I'm not holding my breath about hearing back this soon, I'm stealthly stalking the mailman just in case! ;)

I'm super antsy too. It doesn't help that every single person I know asks me where I'm going to med school every time I run into them. It's not even safe to get coffee at work anymore!

Good luck tomorrow, Norcal people!! We'll be waiting to hear your good news.

Good Luck to all :luck:
Lucky for me I have my finals this week to keep me busy. But now that I took the biochem final I went back to checking the mail!:laugh:

I'm super antsy too. It doesn't help that every single person I know asks me where I'm going to med school every time I run into them. It's not even safe to get coffee at work anymore!

Good luck tomorrow, Norcal people!! We'll be waiting to hear your good news.

We live in parallel universes, except with me (it's everyone at school and it's a weekly question....:D

Today for northcali-ers (and hopefully south) is the day! CHECK THOSE MAIL BOXES PRONTO!:D

GL to everyone!!!:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Good luck everybody, I'm excited for you all.

Lordmickytron, I went with AAMC MEDLOANS. All the lenders sounded so similar, but I thought that their package was as good as any, and they're also supported by the AMA.

Doing the bumptie bump. I really really really hopes today brings good news for us all hopefuls :) :luck: :)

Good Luck :luck:

Just want to give a shoutout to you guys waiting! I could sense the tension(as always, around every 15th!) :)

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on HP continued list and DYING to hear back!!!! It sucks because I pretty much have the month of april to make the decision based on other acceptances, and then finally find out the result of ucsf after i've gone through the whole deciding process! i hope i'll hear before end-of-april even though that's what they said =/

I'm on HP continued list and DYING to hear back!!!! It sucks because I pretty much have the month of april to make the decision based on other acceptances, and then finally find out the result of ucsf after i've gone through the whole deciding process! i hope i'll hear before end-of-april even though that's what they said =/

HP continued list? Did you get a letter today?

Any update? I'm really excited at work :D

Nothing in the mail today. I live near San Jose. Hey, that rhymes. Am I a poet who doesn't know it?

nothing in SD today, here's hoping tomorrow brings good news to all of us!!! It'd be great if we could all be classmates next year! :luck: :luck: :luck: everybody

Ooops my bad ... I got my HP letter at the end of February ... just a few weeks late in channeling my angst into this thread ...

No big white envelopes yet??? anyone??? :D

No big white envelopes yet??? anyone??? :D
Well, the mail arrived here in San Francisco with nothing for me. Hope the rest of you Bay Area types get good news today.

That's a big negatory in socal, good buddy.

Ditto msz3544. When did U interview? I interviewed 10/3 and got HP'd on 2/2.

No mail from UCSF here in So Cal...more waiting....:sleep:

Arg! I relive the angst everytime I see you guys waiting for the mail around the 15th. Well as Annie would say... Tomorrow, Tomorrow. Oh no- now that will be in my head for the next six hours....

:luck: everyone!

SF

no mail in norcal...as SF said "tommorrow, tommorrow...." Now it's stuck in my head :)

Wow, yesterday was a big let-down, huh? Here's to acceptance packets today!

And SF, seriously, could you please work on the music selection? ;)

Wow, I'm so excited for you all and I can't wait to hopefully meet you all during revisit weekend. Remember the movie "Hook"? Just think happy thoughts...and you will all fly...or rather, get those envelopes in the mail! Haha, that's just me being corny and super-excited!

good luck to everyone waiting! hoping today is the day! :luck:

:luck: :luck: :luck:
Good luck everyone!! After this rollercoaster week it is looking more and more likely I'll be at UCSF this coming fall and I want all you amazing people to be there too--
especially since I"ll probably get lost in San Fran every time I leave campus without some Cali natives to help out;)

PS: And Senor, let's go for non-Broadway tunes as our thread theme songs if possible....:)hehe

:luck: :luck: I'm so excited for you guys! Hopefully the mailman brings good news today, and you will all spend the weekend celebrating!!! :luck: :luck:

And I see our class is not a huge fan of Broadway musicals.... we may have to try to change this ;) haha

If you call the admissions office, will they let you know if you've been reviewed or not?

If you call the admissions office, will they let you know if you've been reviewed or not?

I am wondering the same thing. Anyone with an answer? Also can anyone post the admissions office's phone number? Thanks!!!

Annie hates you all.

But I love ya! I want lots of good news today.

I am wondering the same thing. Anyone with an answer? Also can anyone post the admissions office's phone number? Thanks!!!

No, they won't tell you. At least they wouldn't tell me.

So anxious to hear what you Nor Cal people got in the mail today! What time does your postal worker deliver mail?

ms

So anxious to hear what you Nor Cal people got in the mail today! What time does your postal worker deliver mail?

ms

Just checked the mail (I delayed my workout just to check the mail) to find nothing from UCSF...I did get a free burrito coupon at Chipotle (yay!). Hopefully tomm....any word from the bay area? ;)

SO EXCITED!!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Big envelope from UCSF today in SF (Mission district).

Interviewed early-mid January.

Accepted!!!!

Can't wait to meet people in person, I feel like I know everybody on this thread. Good luck everyone else.

SO EXCITED!!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Interviewed early-mid January.

Accepted!!!!

Can't wait to meet people in person, I feel like I know everybody on this thread. Good luck everyone else.

Congrats!!! I was starting to think they lied about mailing them ;)

Weird you didn't get it next day, right? Maybe they went out late Wednesday and didn't actually get mailed till Thursday.

Congrats blue fire!! I was thinking they were lying, too. Still no news in SoCal today, but if blue fire heard today, I'm really hoping for tomorrow (or Monday if necessary). :luck: :luck: everyone!! :luck: :luck:

Congrats, Blue Fire! Knock back a few for me tonight! If I get my fat envelope today, I'll see you at the Elixir!

Congrats Blue Fire!!!!!!!! Now go to the allopathic class thread and say hello ;)

Goodluck to everyone still waiting!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Blue Fire!! Well done!

Wow, so many locals in our class :love:

Thanks everyone!

I've been reading this thread for sooooo long and have appreciated all the people who called the office for updates so that I didn't have to.

Not Dead Yet, I've followed your news closely and wish you immense good luck (I think that we probably live in shouting distance from one another).

Tonight I'm going to be tossing back champagne from Trader Joe's and feeling the first relief I've felt in months!

And yeah for locals! (and non-locals too!)

hey all, I'm currently on HP waitlist and when I applied I was out-of-state applicant. However, since then my parents have moved to California and they said I am technically a California resident now. Should I tell this to the adcom? I don't know if they have a quota of in-staters ... if that quota is full, I would be shooting myself in the foot, if it's not, maybe I'd help myself. On the other hand, they could have a quota of out-of-staters, and the same applies.

Thoughts?

hey all, I'm currently on HP waitlist and when I applied I was out-of-state applicant. However, since then my parents have moved to California and they said I am technically a California resident now. Should I tell this to the adcom? I don't know if they have a quota of in-staters ... if that quota is full, I would be shooting myself in the foot, if it's not, maybe I'd help myself. On the other hand, they could have a quota of out-of-staters, and the same applies.

Thoughts?

I think we were told on interview day that once you get to the interview stage of the process, they no longer distinguish between in-state and out-of-state applicants (so no preference to in-state applicants). If this is indeed the case, then telling them that change won't do anything at all. But of course I could be wrong... does anyone else remember being told this on their interview day?

Dancer is right; it's a completely even playing field once you reach the interview stage in regards to in-state or out-of-state.

Also, you have to have proof of residency for a year to get be considered a resident for most California schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.