UCSF Admissions Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello all!

This is my first post outside of DAT Discussions! I recently took the DAT, and I got a 21 AA and a 22 PAT. My sGPA is roughly 3.9. I also have a lot of ECs (100+ hrs of shadowing, volunteering as a dental assistant at a local clinic, tutoring underprivileged kids, various clubs, I work two jobs to pay my bills (student instructor of calculus and I work for my school’s public safety department)). I also do marine bio research and independent dental research (I already have a publication I wrote on my own).

I currently go to school in CA, but I’m an MI resident, but I read on UCSF’s website that they don’t give preference to CA residents. Last, I know I’ll have really good LORs (profs at my school are the best!).

Am I competitive enough for SF? Also, I just started my junior year and I’m applying next cycle!

Thank you guys so much!

P.S. Are my DAT scores any good? (I’m really not sure if they’re “stellar.”

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same stats as you and received an interview from them! I'm also OOS. Just make sure your personal statement and supplemental questions are well thought out.

Definitely! When do you get the supplemental info? I’ve started filling out the general info on the AADSAS. Also, am I starting too early? But I guess you can never be too early lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info! I’ve been reading through that like crazy!