UCSF 2011-2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepharm14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone applying/applied to UCSF for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying. Probably not getting in, but it's worth a shot. Still in the process of completing my supplemental app.

haha yeah it definitely won't be easy, still working on my supplemental too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still working on the supplemental as well. :scared: Goodluck everyone!

Applying and just finished my supplementals! I think I averaged at least 4 revisions per essay. It was very therapeutic. Good luck everyone!!!

Last edited:
Ah, congrats on finishing your supplemental and good luck to those still working on theirs! I barely finished writing my essays earlier today and need to revise them now..

I guess UCSF is officially starting the application process because I just got an email that told me my application was received as is being processed. They will be mailing out interview invitations in late December and early January so it will be awhile before we start hearing about interviews.

the supplemental is crucial! especially the last essay..still making my way through it lol

I just completed and submitted the supplementary app. For the last questions, I didn't have much to write about, but hopefully it's enough. Good luck everyone!!:thumbup:

finally submitted the supplemental....man, that took a while!! now for the waiting...good luck everyone :thumbup:

Good luck everyone!!!! Just turned in my supplemental!! :):thumbup:

Woot~ Just submitted mine. Good luck to us all! Time to play the waiting game :x

:thumbup::thumbup: Goodluck everyone!!

I felt my candidate statement was a bit short and weak...sigh. ohh well, hope everything else makes up for it! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone gotten any confirmation that they have your complete application?

anyone gotten any confirmation that they have your complete application?

yup i got mine on nov 10 saying that they have everything and are in the process of reviewing. no interview invites till late december/early jan!

I am assuming they email you once they actually start to go over your file and make sure it is complete. I submitted mine on the 31st and I have not received a confirmation email at all o.0...just a receipt for my supplemental payment..

I am assuming they email you once they actually start to go over your file and make sure it is complete. I submitted mine on the 31st and I have not received a confirmation email at all o.0...just a receipt for my supplemental payment..

Yah.. same here. I haven't gotten a confirmation email either. D:

sent mine on the 31st and I got my confirmation email! :) I'm sure you guys will get it soon!

Yay, I just got my confirmation email today.:)

Has anyone else not received a conformation email?? I turned mine in on october 27th and haven't heard anything but the payment acknowledgement. :confused: i hope i am worrying for no reason.

Has anyone else not received a conformation email?? I turned mine in on october 27th and haven't heard anything but the payment acknowledgement. :confused: i hope i am worrying for no reason.

i also still haven't gotten any confirmation and my supplemental was sent in 10/30. so hopefully they're still just working on sifting through everything!!

They're working hard on it :] Just sit tight and relax! I know it's hard but enjoy your holidays!

eeek its december and still haven't gotten that confirmation email. anyone else??

i still haven't received anything -_-

just got my confirmation email today at around 1pm!

Good luck to everyone! As a past applicant (and a current student), it's an exciting and almost fun process. Again, good luck!

I hope we will be notified about interview invites very soon... I have another interview to schedule in January/February, but I want to steer clear of any dates that may conflict w/ SF's...

When is the first round for interview? UCSF is sure to take their sweet time...the wait is killing me :(

yeah from last year it seems the first invites were received on dec 24th, so should be soon...hopefully!

In the confirmation email I received from UCSF informing me that they received my supplemental application, it says: "Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be mailed between late-December and early January. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of January."

Hopefully we will all get some good news soooooonn!

In the confirmation email I received from UCSF informing me that they received my supplemental application, it says: "Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be mailed between late-December and early January. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of January."

Hopefully we will all get some good news soooooonn!

That's great to hear. Keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

yeah from last year it seems the first invites were received on dec 24th, so should be soon...hopefully!

You're right. I remember it was around Christmas & it was like an early xmas present for most of us. Don't think too much about it, everyone. It's the holidays! Go out & have fun.

I guess we will find out in 3 more days...hoping to have a merry, merry Christmas :xf:

For those of you who got in or got an interview invite from ucsf, do you guys mind sharing your experiences and gpa? Thank you all so much!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
Hopefully UCSF follows their trend of last year and send out invites via snail mail today and we'll get them tomorrow!:xf:

I emailed admissions asking whether the invites will be sent via postal mail or email....I was told it is going to be by email this year.

I emailed admissions asking whether the invites will be sent via postal mail or email....I was told it is going to be by email this year.

Oh really??? I guess I will be checking my email like mad now! Thanks!

OMG I got an interview for Feb 17! Interview came via email around 11 today. Wow this is the best Christmas ever, this is my dream school =D

I thought they were planning to mail out interview invitations via snail mail, but I just got my invite via email. They sent 11:05AM PST to me, so check your emails and spam folders.

got an interview for Feb 10th! ahhh excited! and nervous :p

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup: