Ucsd!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think anyone would get speechless over a secondary ;)

probably an acceptance.....

but damn that is early for a UC.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSD start annoucing decisions on Oct 15, right? So I think he meant an acceptance.

Too bad I can't apply to UCSD (I'm an int'l student)...

Hmmm, I was there almost 2 weeks ago and it was the second week of interviews and they said that it would take at least 4 weeks to hear back. It must be an interview invite unless they are super fast given the early timing.

By the way...does anyone know how quick UCSD is at offering interviews or putting people on hold? My file was complete on 9/25, so it's only been about three weeks, which isn't terribly long. I just want to have an idea of when I'll hear from them.

I haven't even been approved to fill out the secondary. Should I count my losses and assume I'm out?

Painogirl, I have also been complete for about 3 weeks. Its seems as though both UC Irvine and UCSD take their time sending out invites. UCLA got back to me within 2 weeks.

ARRGGGHHH!! Waiting takes its toll. Each time I open my mailbox, my heart flutters!

-DE

SD and Irvine were quick for me (maybe 4 weeks or less), UCLA no dice yet (complete for 1.5 months)...

i dont think there are any patterns folks.

So from what I've been hearing on this board, it should take 3-4 weeks for UCSD to get back to us. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Originally posted by Brickhouse
I haven't even been approved to fill out the secondary. Should I count my losses and assume I'm out?

same boat here man haha....

damn you california...

haha i need cali interview love dammit.....its ok... i have time till december or january to still feel good...

Just found out today that I got put on hold. Blah.:(

Well, I'm out-of-state, so I can't say I didn't expect it.

I'm in state and they put me on hold. Anyone get an interview after being put on hold? It's my top choice school, so I hope to hear good news.

I was put on hold 9/16, and got an interview invite 9/24.

does anyone know how long after an interview before you hear back from ucsd?

Originally posted by viking
I was put on hold 9/16, and got an interview invite 9/24.

Holy ****... I thought being put on hold meant they don't even look at it until March or something... damn... I have hope now!! Woohoo~ :D

kwanny: on hold 10/13 --------> interview invite 10/21????? ;)

When they put you on hold, they will review your file every month and decide to keep you on hold for another month or to give you an interview.

As far as how long it takes to get an answer after the interview, I was told anywhere from 3-6 weeks after your interview is when you'll probably hear something.

Originally posted by qwerty one
When they put you on hold, they will review your file every month and decide to keep you on hold for another month or to give you an interview.

As far as how long it takes to get an answer after the interview, I was told anywhere from 3-6 weeks after your interview is when you'll probably hear something.

Sweet. Thanks, qwerty one. :cool:

My UCSD interviewer told me that they will not be sending out official acceptances until early November. Keep your fingers crossed.