UCSD interview 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't gotten anything yet. Probably, I will get my rejection next week. :(:(:(

Is this a correct summary of what's going on right now?

Everyone that has been accepted has received their letter and knows that they are accepted. Everyone else that has received a letter has been placed on the alternate list. And there are few others (including myself) that have received nothing yet.

Is that about right? Please correct any misunderstandings.

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't think they sent out 70 invites. that is not possible. i don't know about how many ppl are on the alternate list.

Koercive did they mention anything about how many people are on the alternate list?

If you read the letter carefully, they say they sent out invites to FILL their 60 slots. This means they sent out more than 60. For example, USC sends out 210 invites to fill ~185.

If you read the letter carefully, they say they sent out invites to FILL their 60 slots. This means they sent out more than 60. For example, USC sends out 210 invites to fill ~185.

Exactly, they said "they sent out invites to FILL their 60 SLOTS". But think about it. UCSD has only seats for 60 people. What IF all the offers were accepted by the students, they are gonna have more than 60. They are not gonna say.. we are sorry, it was our mistake to offer you a seat, it is already full. :p that person will go WTF!! F**K UCSD!! because they got excited and decline all the offers from other school. It is gonna be a big mess up, hell full of crap.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, every school will accept 10-15% more than the number of seats. There is no way that everyone will accept the invitation. I doubt it has ever happened with any professional or graduate school with more than 10 seats, lol. I bet even Harvard Medical has people who don't accept their invite.

Anyway, we can still hope :) It doesn't look good right now though.

ok.. So those of you that are on Alternate List.. What are your Stats?
Someone in previous post said that Alternate list is based on GPA. I still kinda think it is not ture.. but just lets put our stats.. just for fun.. just to see where we stand.

my stats
C GPA: 3.64
Sci GPA:3.85
PCAT: didn't take it

Well, if it's based on GPA, I think I'm pretty much at the bottom of the ALT list then. My science GPA's not strong at all.

STATS:
C GPA: 3.6
Sci GPA: 3.2
PCAT composite: 89

Well, if it's based on GPA, I think I'm pretty much at the bottom of the ALT list then. My science GPA's not strong at all.

STATS:
C GPA: 3.6
Sci GPA: 3.2
PCAT composite: 89
it's based on your entire application profile, so gpa + interview + etc.

yes, more offers get sent out than seats available - this is based on the number of declines in past years. if more than 60 people accept their offers, then ucsd has to take them all. this would probably mean that next year's class will be less than 60 to compensate though.

is anyone who accepted their offer to ucsd from berkeley by any chance? as in went/goes to uc berkeley...

ok...I'm officially being rejected today.

What does that mean? You got a rejection letter?

I am sorry to hear that.
Have you been accepted by any schools? and where do you live by the way??

The first one receiving rejection letter....is me. I just want to CRY.
I live in orange county.
I am accepted to USC but...I want to go to UCSD!!!!!!

I live in orange county.

I feel you...
At least, you got into one school... plus, USC is a great school... You should be happy about it..
many people out there haven't gotten into any schools, including me... and I am expecting my rejection will arrive tomorrow.. SAD.....

It's life guys: we always want what we can't get and don't appreciate what we have!

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in orange county.

I'm thinking a rejection letter might be less painful than this waiting list. You got hit by a car, we got diagnosed with some awful condition!

Is this a correct summary of what's going on right now?

Everyone that has been accepted has received their letter and knows that they are accepted. Everyone else that has received a letter has been placed on the alternate list. And there are few others (including myself) that have received nothing yet.

Is that about right? Please correct any misunderstandings.

I still haven't gotten any word from UCSD :scared: don't think that's a good thing

I haven't heard anything either. I called the school and they said the Admissions committee was still meeting this week so the last letters got sent out a few days ago. It doesn't look good though since it seems like the acceptance letters went out early...

Officially rejected--Interviewed Feb 11, got the letter today in the mail.

What a waste of hundreds of dollars.

I love that little note at the bottom "If you decide not to enter pharmacy school this year and are considering reapplication next year, we urge you to apply to our program."

--yes I'm sure you would urge me to send you a couple more hundred dollars!

Looks like no pharmacy school for me this year (or maybe even ever). Good luck everyone else!

Officially rejected--Interviewed Feb 11, got the letter today in the mail.

What a waste of hundreds of dollars.

I love that little note at the bottom "If you decide not to enter pharmacy school this year and are considering reapplication next year, we urge you to apply to our program."

--yes I'm sure you would urge me to send you a couple more hundred dollars!

Looks like no pharmacy school for me this year (or maybe even ever). Good luck everyone else!

Aww don't lose hope. You can strengthen your application and reapply next year. I'm expecting the same letter (I interviewed 1/18). :rolleyes:

Hi guys.. I am just wondering if any of you happen to know when did the UCSD send out acceptance letter for those people that are on the waitlist last year? Is UCSD gonna give the people on the waitlist the Numbers any time soon??? and Who has been accepted from the Waitlist this year? Thanks!! Good LUCK waiting!! :smuggrin:

Hi guys.. I am just wondering if any of you happen to know when did the UCSD send out acceptance letter for those people that are on the waitlist last year? Is UCSD gonna give the people on the waitlist the Numbers any time soon??? and Who has been accepted from the Waitlist this year? Thanks!! Good LUCK waiting!! :smuggrin:

my friend was on the waitlist last year, and she said she never got any numbers. she WAS accepted the end of july, but by then she had already gotten used to the idea of going to USC and had already found her roomies etc, so she ended up going to USC.

hahha i feel like im in the same situation now and already getting used to going to USC even though SD was my first choice.

I know of a few people who turned down UCSD for UCSF or USC...so anyone hear news about getting off the alternate list yet?

we might start hearing about people getting in from the alternate list starting on April 11th. This is the deadline for those accepted to make their decisions.

we might start hearing about people getting in from the alternate list starting on April 11th. This is the deadline for those accepted to make their decisions.

Does the admissions committee need to meet again to decide who gets in from the alternate list? Should we expect to wait another week after april 11 to hear from them? i'm thinking April 21-sh? :confused:

Just got accepted from the alternate list through e-mail!!! Damn excited. I'd almost given up hope.

WooHOO.. I got accepted today too.. off the waitlist. I am happy that i have a school to go to for the next four years. Thanks to those who gave up the spot.. :) good luck to those who are still waiting.. and cya all in fall 08 UCSD!! YAYYYY

Hi, PharmDef and UCSD Farm, did you guys receive the acceptance through email only?

can those of you who got in through waitlist put up your stats? thanks

Hi, PharmDef and UCSD Farm, did you guys receive the acceptance through email only?
Yea, e-mail first with a copy of the acceptance letter saying the original will be recieved by snail mail in a few days.
As for stats:
Will have received my BS in Anat/Phys in May. Cumulative GPA: 3.89. Science GPA: 4.00. I've worked in the ICU/CVU unit for four years. Volunteered bare 60 hours in a pharmacy at a neighboring hospital.
Not really good at the stat thing, so if I left anything out just e-mail me.

Congrats to those accepted and goodluck to those waiting!

Congrats, guys! I feel happy for you but sad for myself. I still haven't received anything yet. :(

Yea, e-mail first with a copy of the acceptance letter saying the original will be recieved by snail mail in a few days.
As for stats:
Will have received my BS in Anat/Phys in May. Cumulative GPA: 3.89. Science GPA: 4.00. I've worked in the ICU/CVU unit for four years. Volunteered bare 60 hours in a pharmacy at a neighboring hospital.
Not really good at the stat thing, so if I left anything out just e-mail me.

Congrats to those accepted and goodluck to those waiting!

damn, they put you on the waitlist?

Still waiting... it could be til september where they say, "sorry, there is no room."

Hello.. PharmDef..

Congrat on getting accepted.. i am just wondering.. are you going to choose UCSD over other school??.. and can you tell me why you choose UCSD?? :)

Just got accepted from the alternate list through e-mail!!! Damn excited. I'd almost given up hope.

Congrats to you too!!!
Well I got accepted to Touro U. and am still on the waitlist at UOP. I would really like to go to UOP but at the same time having the summers off would be quite nice.
All schools give you a PharmD and really only differ in their prestige, location, and most importantly how much they prepare you for the Naplex and CPJE. Sooo based on that I'm choosing UCSD.
How about yourself?

Thank you...
Yeah.. I am still waiting for USC. I interviewed back in March. But i am sure I am going to choose UCSD because i really like the location and smaller class size and it is a good school. I'll see you in fall.. :)

Congrats to you too!!!
Well I got accepted to Touro U. and am still on the waitlist at UOP. I would really like to go to UOP but at the same time having the summers off would be quite nice.
All schools give you a PharmD and really only differ in their prestige, location, and most importantly how much they prepare you for the Naplex and CPJE. Sooo based on that I'm choosing UCSD.
How about yourself?

Those waistlisted, have you submitted your winter qtr. transcripts? I wasn't sure if that was necessary yet.

I just got off the waitlist! woohoo!:laugh:

For anybody still waiting, if a number with area code 858 calls you, pick up! I usually don't pick up unknown numbers but when it called me the 2nd time, I found out it was the assoc. dean! Then i received an email with the acceptance letter attached.

i am most likely giving up my seat at USC for UCSD.

I just got off the waitlist! woohoo!:laugh:

For anybody still waiting, if a number with area code 858 calls you, pick up! I usually don't pick up unknown numbers but when it called me the 2nd time, I found out it was the assoc. dean! Then i received an email with the acceptance letter attached.

i am most likely giving up my seat at USC for UCSD.

Wow, congratulations! Did they say they'd give you a few days to decide?

Wow, congratulations! Did they say they'd give you a few days to decide?

The email said to respond ASAP and the letter itself said I had the end of the work day 7 calendar days from the date of the letter.

Hey, chewbie congrats!

Did they say how many people were on the wait list or their process for picking people for spots?

Hey, chewbie congrats!

Did they say how many people were on the wait list or their process for picking people for spots?

thanks!

Well, when i first heard of people getting off the waitlist I emailed the office and asked. All they said was "Our alternate list is not ranked, as positions become available the Admissions Committee reviews the list."

When i got called for admission, the associate dean said that they have a position available and that I am next on the alternate list. So I dunno what to tell you. Maybe you can try emailing the office?

Best of luck!!

thanks!

This thread is getting lonely!

anyone else still on the waitlist ? :oops:

i gave up my spot for USC

you guys that are waiting....have you been accepted to other schools or what? Is UCSD your top choice?

i gave up my spot for USC

you guys that are waiting....have you been accepted to other schools or what? Is UCSD your top choice?

I did exactly the opposite. I gave up my spot at USC for UCSD (when i got off the waitlist). And UCSD is my top choice. :hardy: