UCSD extension premed post bac 2017-18

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah we should connect on fb or something, PM me and I'll set up a group where we can work this out! I just sent Amie an email about housing and getting into contact with others in the program too.

I don't have a social media but I'll make one just for this! I'll PM you my Facebook so that we can work this out

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone! I too currently live in La Jolla (5-10 minutes from UCSD) so I can help out with housing and how the area/school is like for anyone interested! Feel free to message me!

Hello everyone! I was also accepted! I am really excited but worried about housing and financial aid stuff. Can you guys add me to the group chat you have or facebook group if there is one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone! I got in as well! I have a family friend who is in the program now and he said it took him upwards of a few months to find housing, so I would love to get in contact with you all to figure it out :)

Hey guys! I think it's awesome that you've already created a FB group for yourselves and of course you're welcome to use that, but we actually created an official one for you. Here's the link: UCSD Post Baccalaureate Premedical Program 2017-18

As you can see, there's a ton of members that are people from my cohort and previous cohorts so I think that would be a good place for you guys to ask us questions about the program, housing, etc.

Regarding housing, I highly recommend using Facebook groups, including
UCSD Housing - you may need to have a ucsd.edu e-mail associated with your Facebook to access this one
UCSD Student Off-Campus Housing
UCSD Free and For Sale 2.0 - this is generally a for sale group, but search for key terms like "single" and "apartment" and you'll see that there are people posting looking for roommates; also a good place to get furniture!

Additionally, UCSD has an official "off-campus housing directory" here: University of California, San Diego Off-Campus Housing Search You can try logging in with a guest account to see the offerings. I can't speak to how good it is and whether there will be many options, because they used to use a different hosting platform that was not the best.

Hope these help. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have :)

Hi everyone! If you have any questions about the postbac, I can try to answer them! Since applications are due in roughly 3 weeks, hopefully I can do so in time for you to submit for those of you who haven't already :) Just reply to this post because I think the answers can probably benefit everyone on this thread.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi! So glad I found this thread because I've been considering a post-bacc program for some time now, and I wanted to know more about this particular one. Do you or anyone else know the average accepted gpa? And does taking the mcat help you in any way of getting in? I know they're low, but just for reference, my sgpa is a 3.0 while my cgpa is a 3.1 and I haven't taken the mcat yet. Thank you in advance!

Hi! So glad I found this thread because I've been considering a post-bacc program for some time now, and I wanted to know more about this particular one. Do you or anyone else know the average accepted gpa? And does taking the mcat help you in any way of getting in? I know they're low, but just for reference, my sgpa is a 3.0 while my cgpa is a 3.1 and I haven't taken the mcat yet. Thank you in advance!

The average science GPA is 3.2 and overall is 3.3, but the application process isn't too intimidating so feel free to apply

I don't believe the MCAT affects your application because there is a MCAT program embedded into the postbacc program

Good luck next year!

The average science GPA is 3.2 and overall is 3.3, but the application process isn't too intimidating so feel free to apply

I don't believe the MCAT affects your application because there is a MCAT program embedded into the postbacc program

Good luck next year!

Do you know if all classes (if retaken) are calculated into the GPA? Or is it just the most recent class you took?

Do you know if all classes (if retaken) are calculated into the GPA? Or is it just the most recent class you took?

I guess all classes but those questions should go to Amie Becker. She's the main person I've been communicating with regarding the program

Anybody on the waitlist for the program hear back yet? I sent an email last week about an update but still haven't heard back anything.

Anybody on the waitlist for the program hear back yet? I sent an email last week about an update but still haven't heard back anything.

I haven't heard back either. I emailed Amie last week and she stated they still haven't made a decision. Hope to hear back this week.

Reactions: 1 user
hi! I was wondering if anyone from this thread or cycle got into the program after being on the waitlist?

thanks!