UCSD--calling/emailing the dean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camstah

running thru dandelions
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone done this? with any sort of result?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm going to reply to my own post...since it seems to not have gotten any love :(

under what circumstance -- pre-secondary or pre-interview or post-interview...?? enlighten us.

Members don't see this ad :)
any cirucmstance really...right now i'm pre-interview, on hold in their interview limbo....

i haven't done it, but i don't think it hurts to try...anything to try to get your foot in the door. good luck.

if you have a question about admissions, you might try to find a special contact email address for admissions. i tried emailing the director of admissions at one school and did not get a reply. but then i tried the contact email address for admissions and got a reply within 12 hours. i guess deans and directors dont like to reply to emails because they dont have time or they get too many.

will do....thanks!

i am actually wondering if i should do the same..although what exactly do you say to them if you set up an appointment or call them.

well let me know what you do and how it turns out!!

I'd say go ahead and try it. Just be sure that you have enough personalized information so that he knows you arn't just calling every school.

yeah? well, i should probably try it with USC first......i've sent in a bunch of "hey, i loved your school, please let me in!" letters, but i tend to wonder if the admissions committee ever even gets to see them.........maybe i'm wasting my time......but i'm still going to send in a THIRD letter to USC....and maybe email the dean.....see if it works there first....because, well, USC and i were meant to be :) and it rhymes, so i know it's true :D