UCLA strict secondary deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Og67

Reaction score
Hi, I unfortunately misread the deadline time for my secondary application and was only able to submit my application 5 minutes past the 15-day mark from when I received the email. Does anyone know how strict that deadline is or if anyone has even gotten an interview before for any med school with a barely late secondary before? I believe I am a very strong applicant otherwise which is why this mistake really hurts atm. Would they even review it at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe I'm missing something, but according to their website, the supplemental application deadline is October 30th. They have a 15 day response time for acceptance offers, but I don't see anything like that for their secondary. This is where I got that info from: Admissions Timeline - David Geffen School of Medicine - Los Angeles, CA

Applicants who get secondaries are told to complete it within 15 days.

@OP, based off of past posts on this issue (UCLA specifically), if you are past the deadline, you would have been locked out of the portal. The fact that you were still able to submit, based on history, seems like you're in the clear.

Anyways, 5 minutes could be due to internet issues! I highly doubt an adcom is going to see that you submitted 5 minutes past the deadline and trash your application for that (I hope). I think you're good to relax.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I unfortunately misread the deadline time for my secondary application and was only able to submit my application 5 minutes past the 15-day mark from when I received the email. Does anyone know how strict that deadline is or if anyone has even gotten an interview before for any med school with a barely late secondary before? I believe I am a very strong applicant otherwise which is why this mistake really hurts atm. Would they even review it at this point?
Applicants who get secondaries are told to complete it within 15 days.

@OP, based off of past posts on this issue (UCLA specifically), if you are past the deadline, you would have been locked out of the portal. The fact that you were still able to submit, based on history, seems like you're in the clear.

Anyways, 5 minutes could be due to internet issues! I highly doubt an adcom is going to see that you submitted 5 minutes past the deadline and trash your application for that (I hope). I think you're good to relax.

Be sure you even were 5 min over the deadline. I'm on the east coast and submitted at midnight (albeit not close to the deadline) and realized afterwords it was only 9pm for UCLA and I laughed a bit to myself. Maybe you're worrying over nothing? ;)

Reactions: 1 users