*~*~*~*~*~*~ucla- Class Of 2011- Go Bruins!!**~*~*~*~*~*~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the dress code casual for second-look weekend? I dont want to show up under/over dressed.

I was wondering about this, too..... I'd love to show up in jeans, but to be safe, I'm going with nice slacks/button-up shirt.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay i called them to ask about the dress code for Saturday. The lady who picked up said it's casual so jeans are okay. So go for the nice casual look i guess. :thumbup: :)

Where are people staying? What are people doing Saturday night?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! I was unable to make it revisit. How did it go?

hey guys! I was unable to make it revisit. How did it go?

AMAZING! Everyone was so cool; I really had a great time hanging out with people and getting to know my future classmates. Can't wait to see everyone again in August!

It was great! Did u go on the tours acf11?, I left early so I didnt know how it went. If you had a chance to look at the studio at Weyburn, let me know how it looked like. Oh yeah, I wonder if I talked to you on that day. I think I m the only asian dude with an accent hahahaha.

It was great! Did u go on the tours acf11?, I left early so I didnt know how it went. If you had a chance to look at the studio at Weyburn, let me know how it looked like. Oh yeah, I wonder if I talked to you on that day. I think I m the only asian dude with an accent hahahaha.

I did go on the tours in the evening. The campus tour took us to weyburn where we got to see the two different doubles. They were larger than i expected. I saw the studio earlier in the day; it was nice, but i actually preferred the doubles b/c i felt that they had more room overall. The evening tour around L.A. was actually a lot of fun. There weren't too many people that went on it (maybe around 15-20) so it was easy to interact with most everyone. We went down to Santa Monica to the beach and pier where we had dinner (they were only packed lunches, but still the experience was fun!). Then we drove down to Venice beach, on through downtown with a quick stop in Chinatown. We ended by going through Hollywood and stopping briefly at the Chinese Theater. It actually ended up being like 5 hours instead of 3, but I had a good time on it. I'd be interested to know what others who went on the tour thought.

Went to the tour as well...awesome!!!

wassup you guys? why so quiet? what are you guys doing with your remaining ~3 months?

i'm doing the 9-5. i work hard for the money. so hard for it, honey. i work hard for the money. so you better treat me right.

we better not have to work after medical school.

hey y'all,

i'm actually still waiting to hear from UCLA, but in the event that i'm accepted, i was wondering how one becomes a CA resident and pays the in-state tuition.

i.e. if i register to vote in CA (or whatever) first year, will i be eligible for in-state tuition second year?

thanks.

hey y'all,

i'm actually still waiting to hear from UCLA, but in the event that i'm accepted, i was wondering how one becomes a CA resident and pays the in-state tuition.

i.e. if i register to vote in CA (or whatever) first year, will i be eligible for in-state tuition second year?

thanks.

you can probably find some useful info here http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/residence/establish.htm

any updates? i havnt herd anything from ucla in a while.

yo, has anyone selected a Stafford Loan lender yet? or are we not to worry about any of that till the big O?

Members don't see this ad :)
hello all, really happy to be joining this forum. :D
does any one know which day of the week ucla students don't have class? I can't remember what my student tour guide said.. thanks!

hello all, really happy to be joining this forum. :D
does any one know which day of the week ucla students don't have class? I can't remember what my student tour guide said.. thanks!

In first year, we have class daily although some days are shorter than others. I think second year is roughly the same.

hey guys! I just found out through ursa that I'm in! I'm still on UCSF's waitlist but, even if they accept me, I'm 99% sure I'm going to ucla in the fall! So just wanted to say "Hi!" :hardy:

Congrat. Rosaverde and welcome to our class :)

Whats up future classmates, I got my acceptance and I am elated.. to all those who are a couple steps ahead...

Did you guys fill anything out besides FAFSA before your acceptance?
Did you guys fill anything out for housing before acceptance?

Also, are we gauranteed housing at all? And if were not, I'm looking for roommates!!

Whats up future classmates, I got my acceptance and I am elated.. to all those who are a couple steps ahead...

Did you guys fill anything out besides FAFSA before your acceptance?
Did you guys fill anything out for housing before acceptance?

Also, are we gauranteed housing at all? And if were not, I'm looking for roommates!!

Yay! Congrats, Rosa and OC.. I just heard back last week too. :hardy:

I only had FAFSA filled out. I think we're guaranteed housing for the first two years.. you apply online but they send you that info in the mail later in the week.

Wuddup my future classmates. I just got my acceptance a couple of days ago and wanted to drop by to say Hi. I'm super excited and can't wait to see everyone!! :love: :luck: :laugh:

I'm so glad I'm moving from Norcal to Socal. I can't imagine those of you who are coming from East coast.

Wuddup my future classmates. I just got my acceptance a couple of days ago and wanted to drop by to say Hi. I'm super excited and can't wait to see everyone!! :love: :luck: :laugh:

I'm so glad I'm moving from Norcal to Socal. I can't imagine those of you who are coming from East coast.

Congrats! I am so happy for you. From the East Coast perspective, CA is a dreamy place where people feel happy and they have flowers and sunshine! Hooray! :)

Congrats to everybody recently accepted. Can't wait to meet everybody.

Aww thanks Sam for being so nice. I can't wait to party and be miserable together!!! ;)

Just wanted to introduce myself to the thread. got accepted a couple days ago. stoked as ever!!. i'm from orange country, ucla undergrad w/ econ major. hope to see everyone during orientation week.

Hey MissTreesh,
Congrats, and me too! Coming from Norcal to Socal.. so happy I'm staying in-state! Does anyone know how easy it is to get a studio in Weyburn? Also, how are you guys doing the health clearance reqs? At the Ashe Center?

Welcome all new members of our class. :)
Chaumiester, some of people in our class who live around here in OC plan to hang out some time this weekend or so, if you're up for that, let me know.
Kelvin.

Hello everyone! I'm not from the east coast, but I am from the midwest and moving to California feels like a dream. :) I am so excited! When is everyone moving into Weyburn, if you're living there?

Hey Orange, are you from the Bay area? Yay Norcal!

Hey guys, since I was accepted from the waiting list, when am I supposed to withdraw from the other school that I said I was going to go? I just sent in my written acceptance letter. So do I wait until I get my financial aid and housing letter before informing the other school? Ugh.. Help :confused:

Aww thanks Sam for being so nice. I can't wait to party and be miserable together!!! ;)

...because when you get stressed, I personally will remind you how irritating (a) East Coast weather--particularly New England and (b) grades can be... :) We had a 15 point GPA system at my undergrad. If that won't make you certifiable, I don't know what will!:D :D :D

Hey wsup guys...I got my acceptance earlier this month and I just saw this thread so I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys this fall! Congrats to everyone!

Chaumister, we'll meet up at the Starbucks, conrver of Brookhurst and Edinger in Fountain Valley, at 6 pm on sunday. Let me know if you need more directions. I'll PM you my cell number. Other people are welcome to come if you can make it. Have a good weekend guys.
Kelvin

how much does the studio cost in weyburn? how long does it take to hear back from housing? haven't heard nething from the school..

how much does the studio cost in weyburn? how long does it take to hear back from housing? haven't heard nething from the school..
It costs $1018/month plus $75 for parking if you request.

i'm feeling a little violated already (and we haven't even begun trying start IVs on each other), looking at the size of the apartment (in light of the price) and the stacks of books...

i'm feeling a little violated already (and we haven't even begun trying start IVs on each other), looking at the size of the apartment (in light of the price) and the stacks of books...

...if you were in NYC your apt would be a lot smaller and nothing would be new. :D

hey guys -
is there a class forum that I don't know about?
I'm wondering if there are people in the class who might want to look for a 3/4 bdrm house to share in the west la - ish area. I have a dog who I'm not getting rid of under any condition, so I need to find a place that has a yard.
Let me know if you're interested or if you know of a forum. I suppose I'll call admissions tomorrow and see if there's any organized forum for us, but I doubt it.

it appears like there are tons of lightpoles you could chain him to. or if you have a car and $75 for parking, he/she could live there. just don't forget to crack the window..

I got my housing offer at weyburn.. I am stoked.. who else is moving in there? Do you guys know when our move in dates would be or are they staggered pending each indvidual..

I got my housing offer at weyburn.. I am stoked.. who else is moving in there? Do you guys know when our move in dates would be or are they staggered pending each indvidual..

I m moving in on july 15th. When r you moving in? I think they only let you move in either the beginning or middle of the month.

I m moving in on july 15th. When r you moving in? I think they only let you move in either the beginning or middle of the month.

For Weyburners, has anyone received confirmation for parking? :)

No, not yet I got my weyburn contract a week ago though. My contract lasts from 8/1 to 5/31 but I noticed exam week is 6/1-6/4 anyone else have a contract ending on 5/31? I recall signing up for a 6/31 end date.

Hi everyone, I just got accepted and am really excited to be a bruin! :)
How long after you guys sent in you acceptance letter did they get back to you with more information? And is it possible to request a 2 bedroom apt at weyburn if you dont have a particular roommate in mind?

Thanks for the help

Hey Guys,

Currently waitlisted but dying to go to LA. Any advice on how to get off the waitlist?

Thanks! & Congrats to you all!

Hey Guys,

Currently waitlisted but dying to go to LA. Any advice on how to get off the waitlist?

Thanks! & Congrats to you all!

I would send in a LOI. Good luck!

Does anyone know the date of the white coat ceremony?

Hi everyone, I just got accepted and am really excited to be a bruin! :)
How long after you guys sent in you acceptance letter did they get back to you with more information? And is it possible to request a 2 bedroom apt at weyburn if you dont have a particular roommate in mind?

Thanks for the help
Within 2 weeks, you'll receive housing information but you can always sign up online before the letter comes. And yes you can request for a 2 bedroom now without having a specific roommate. Hope this helps.

No, not yet I got my weyburn contract a week ago though. My contract lasts from 8/1 to 5/31 but I noticed exam week is 6/1-6/4 anyone else have a contract ending on 5/31? I recall signing up for a 6/31 end date.

I have the same contract as you do, and wondering the same thing. Not sure how that will work out.