UC Irvine Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

310prolene

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all. From the little bits I've read online, and from what I've heard from attendings at my home institution, UC Irvine sounds like a great program. The location ain't bad either. I've poked around on their website and have read about the various rotation sites during residency; however, I couldn't find an actual break down of the services on which you rotate during each year. Is UCI a 3+3 program? or a truly integrated program? Does anyone have any insight to the specific rotations of each year of residency?

Any other thoughts on the program would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It was very 3+3. I dunno if things have shifted since I rotated there - but that was what it was back then. The location is indeed great. Most of the residents were friendly and very outgoing. However, the UCI campus site was fairly small and not very busy. There was a lot of time spent in clinic/rounding and not much time operating. I cannot speak to all their clinical sites though - perhaps those will fill in the volume.