UC Consortium 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, this was my first time applying. I submitted my application on January 30 and it was marked complete around February 24. I just received another email from UCD today informing me of my track placement and a "To Do" list if I decide to accept the admission offer.

Congrats!!!! Which track were you placed in? Do you know if all tracks are filled?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!!! Which track were you placed in? Do you know if all tracks are filled?
Thank you!! I was placed in the A2 track and I do not know if all the tracks have been filled.

Hey guys!

I interviewed in person at UCD close to two weeks ago (May 23rd) and haven't heard anything from them. I'm wondering at this point if I'm just going to be waiting for a rejection email. It seems like candidates typically hear back within a couple of hours or days following the in person interview if they are accepted. Nonetheless I'm really surprised and grateful for the opportunity to have been interviewed.

I am in the same boat, interviewed and have not heard back yet. They have until the end of June to finalize their cohort so I am guessing they want to wait until everyone has confirmed acceptances before handing out rejections. Huge bummer, really enjoyed my interview experience and thought it went well but I guess sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be starting at UCSF this cycle! Anyone else as well?

Reactions: 1 user
can someone clarify what is meant by tracks??? does the program not start in mid june ??

can someone clarify what is meant by tracks??? does the program not start in mid june ??
There are three different tracks in the UCD Postbacc that a student can be placed into depending on how prepared they are for the MCAT. (Not sure if this applies to the other UC) A1 track students (accelerated MCAT prep) take the MCAT first in the summer and then start the school year. A2 track students (extended MCAT prep) start in the Fall and take the MCAT the following summer. B track students are those who already took the MCAT and do not need any prep.

Anything from UCR yet? My anxiety is through the roof at this point lol

Maybe the reason we have not heard anything from UCR could be due to graduation? Just probably trying to finalize everything on then work on the Post Bacc students for summer?

Just released my spot at UCSF! Hope one of you gets off the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview for UCR today around 12. They are having interviews the 18th-20th

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, definitely look into obtaining medical experience in the workforce whether it is working alongside doctors as a scribe or with therapist as an aide like I did. I had volunteering experiences with physicians as an undergrad, which is why I decided that I would explore therapy rehabilitation after I graduated. It really did broaden my perspective of medicine and I got to see how different health professionals work together.
Got an interview invite from SF State! Hopefully I get in, but yeah I definitely agree, need to do some practical work in the form of volunteering/shadowing or just plain working too.

I didn't go to UCR. And my email for the invitation of an interview was around 12 PM, but my interview was scheduled for the 20th.
Did they tell you if the last interview date for their admission process will be on June 20th? Also do you reside in Riverside?

Did they tell you if the last interview date for their admission process will be on June 20th? Also do you reside in Riverside?

They just gave me a time frame when they will be having interviews. I'm not sure if it's for the overall admissions to the program. I dont live in riverside, I live in San Bernardino county

I was accepted into the UCR post bacc program today! Same day as interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! Congrats to you as well! I don't know anyone else who was interviewed, besides you haha. But in terms of finalizing admissions, the director said they were moving fast as the program is set to begin in July. That could mean a variety of things; hopefully, it means more interview dates for those who are still waiting to hear back!
Thank you! I don't know anyone else who has interviewed as well.

did anyone else apply to post baccs at sfsu and east bay?? have you guys heard back from them?

did anyone else apply to post baccs at sfsu and east bay?? have you guys heard back from them?
I did! Only heard back from SF State, have an interview this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

I did! Only heard back from SF State, have an interview this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.
when did you apply to the program? i sent mine in a few days before the deadline. i got an email that i got into the school but haven't heard anything from them since (2 weeks now)

when did you apply to the program? i sent mine in a few days before the deadline. i got an email that i got into the school but haven't heard anything from them since (2 weeks now)
Literally the last day before it closed. Got the interview invite a little over a week ago. How'd you get in without interviewing?

Literally the last day before it closed. Got the interview invite a little over a week ago. How'd you get in without interviewing?
no i got into the school, not the program (yet). i got an email stating i met the req for the graduate program and now I'm waiting to hear back from the program itself. did you get the same email before your interview invite ?

no i got into the school, not the program (yet). i got an email stating i met the req for the graduate program and now I'm waiting to hear back from the program itself. did you get the same email before your interview invite ?
I just got an email saying they received my application. Nothing about getting into the school. Are you talking about East bay?

Just got my rejection from UCR! But I’m happy for everyone who got their acceptances this year! I’ll be attending a masters program, so it’s good news all around!

Got my rejection email a few minutes ago from UCR as well. Congrats to everyone that made it and good luck to everyone too.

Just got my rejection from UCR! But I’m happy for everyone who got their acceptances this year! I’ll be attending a masters program, so it’s good news all around!
ah damn, got my rejection as well. Best of luck on the masters program!

I just got an email saying they received my application. Nothing about getting into the school. Are you talking about East bay?
i haven't heard back from east bay yet (just sent in my transcripts). SFSU sent me an email saying i met the requirements for grad school and to wait to hear back from the program. haven't gotten an email for an interview, but hoping i will soon. good luck on your interview!!!

i haven't heard back from east bay yet (just sent in my transcripts). SFSU sent me an email saying i met the requirements for grad school and to wait to hear back from the program. haven't gotten an email for an interview, but hoping i will soon. good luck on your interview!!!
Ah I see. Thanks! Hopefully you get yours soon! Would be really great if we can both become fellow classmates in the SFSU postbacc program.

Ah I see. Thanks! Hopefully you get yours soon! Would be really great if we can both become fellow classmates in the SFSU postbacc program.
I received an interview invitation from the SFSU postbacc program yesterday, so it looks like they are just starting to get these invitations out. Hope you guys receive your emails soon as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I received an interview invitation from the SFSU postbacc program yesterday, so it looks like they are just starting to get these invitations out. Hope you guys receive your emails soon as well.
When do you interview and how are you prepping? Got mine soon, and super nervous. Going to apply to some postbaccs on the East coast too after this.

I interviewed at SFSU past weekend and got acceptance email today. Overall, the interview was very calm and welcoming. They just want to get to know you as a person. I would say be genuine and know why you want to go to this post bacc program. Good luck!

I interviewed at SFSU past weekend and got acceptance email today. Overall, the interview was very calm and welcoming. They just want to get to know you as a person. I would say be genuine and know why you want to go to this post bacc program. Good luck!
congrats on your admission!!! do you mind sharing your stats? I'm getting a little anxious...

congrats on your admission!!! do you mind sharing your stats? I'm getting a little anxious...

I have an overall of 3.4, 3.2 sGPA and graduated from a UC. I would say call and find out if there is anything missing on your application. Good luck!!

I got in as well! Hope to see you there.

I have an overall of 3.4, 3.2 sGPA and graduated from a UC. I would say call and find out if there is anything missing on your application. Good luck!!
my stats are basically the same lol. i called and they said they may just not have reviewed my app just yet.

Does anyone know of any other good post bacc programs in California?

0/4 guys, but have not lost hope. Time to research more post baccs!

Does anyone know of any other good post bacc programs in California?
SFSU and east bay are great post bacc programs. I have applied to both in addition to the UC consortium. Although the application cycle for fall has closed i believe you can apply for the winter semester now. check out their websites for more info!

good luck.

SFSU and east bay are great post bacc programs. I have applied to both in addition to the UC consortium. Although the application cycle for fall has closed i believe you can apply for the winter semester now. check out their websites for more info!

good luck.
Have you heard anything from SFSU and East bay?