UBC Pharmacy 2009 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello,

I am taking ANAT 390 right now, and the course has its final exam on June 11th. Does anyone know if the marks for this course will be counted towards my GPA when they evaluate me post-interview? I hope not because I am not doing so well in this course...

I'm 99% sure it won't count. I believe all final marks have to be in by June 15th for them to count.... I think that was the deadline date, I could be wrong though, but it's usually around then.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with starstrike on this. At this point, all evaluations of your gpa and stuff should be pretty much finished.

As you all know interview invites should be sent sometime this week, but just FYI I got my email on Wed June 4th last year... so maybe you'll get yours tomorrow

Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I am taking ANAT 390 right now, and the course has its final exam on June 11th. Does anyone know if the marks for this course will be counted towards my GPA when they evaluate me post-interview? I hope not because I am not doing so well in this course...

Are you taking Anat 391 this summer too? I'll be taking it :)

I'm taking Anatomy 390 right now and will be taking Anatomy 391 right after.:)

Hi! I'm applying this year as well. I'm getting nervous for the interviews... I wish they would send the emails already:oops:

like everyone else here, i'm also nervously waiting to see if i get an interview.

i'm taking anat 391 as well! hope to see some of you guys.

Hello to all!
I am applying after completing the first year pre-reqs and a few 2nd year courses (1st year pharm courses). Just waiting to hear about interviews... Is there anyone here from the Okanagan applying?

two more days at most..

Hmm, apparantly one of my friends, who i heard from another friend, said he got the e-mail already. I haven't ask this lucky friend of mine directly so i dunno. Anyone else hear anything yet?

Hmm, apparantly one of my friends, who i heard from another friend, said he got the e-mail already. I haven't ask this lucky friend of mine directly so i dunno. Anyone else hear anything yet?

hey! i am applying for the first time and I haven't heard from anyone recieving there e-mail yet....but if they have been sent out then it sucks for all of us on here...cuz it doesn't look like anyone here has gotten one:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
indeed, that would be bad news, still nothing for me :confused:

hey! i am applying for the first time and I haven't heard from anyone recieving there e-mail yet....but if they have been sent out then it sucks for all of us on here...cuz it doesn't look like anyone here has gotten one:confused:

I wouldn't worry you guys. The notices haven't gone out yet. The person in charge is Margaret Nicholson and she's been out of office this entire week and won't be back until Thursday. I know this because I was in Cunningham the other day. The notices will most likely be sent out tomorrow morning or friday at the latest, but I'm betting on tomorrow......so you guys can breathe easy for one more night.

I wouldn't worry you guys. The notices haven't gone out yet. The person in charge is Margaret Nicholson and she's been out of office this entire week and won't be back until Thursday. I know this because I was in Cunningham the other day. The notices will most likely be sent out tomorrow morning or friday at the latest, but I'm betting on tomorrow......so you guys can breathe easy for one more night.
Breathe easy? Don't be absurd!:(
I've been checking this thread twice a day just to see if any emails might've gone out...

Breathe easy? Don't be absurd!:(
I've been checking this thread twice a day just to see if any emails might've gone out...

LOL, well at least you can TRY to breathe easy ;)......but, it looks like the notices are gonna go out today, so keep your fingers crossed and check your e-mail often.

Hi all! Im a new member =)
I still haven't got anything yet, do you know if we have to decide on the time/date we'd like for the interview right away and they process it first come first served? If we don't get the email today i wonder if I should stay home tomorrow instead of working...
Thanks!

nah, u won't need to decide on anything. I think they assign you a time, u have no choice in the matter, and ya I got nothing so far either.

If we don't get to choose the time, then what happens if you have work or some other stuff to do? Do we get to change the time if that's the case?:confused:

If we don't get to choose the time, then what happens if you have work or some other stuff to do? Do we get to change the time if that's the case?:confused:

You get to choose your top three times (and days). That's how it worked for me a few years back and I'm certain it's still the same for you guys.

but do you have to constantly check your email? cuz thats what ive been doing today... does it matter when you send them an email like timewise today or tomorrow? or is it okay as long as you send it within a day..?

but do you have to constantly check your email? cuz thats what ive been doing today... does it matter when you send them an email like timewise today or tomorrow? or is it okay as long as you send it within a day..?

So i'm assuming from what UBC firstyear has said the e-mails have gone out? damn...:(

don't think so, since one nobody else has gotten the email and said so.

and two he said "timewise", implying that he has not yet received it.

What happens is they send you an email with all the possible time slots and you have to pick your top three. I believe they give you a week to send in your reply, so the sooner you do it the better, but that doesn't mean you gotta be glued to your comp. you can go to work and reply to the email when you get back.....anyways, it doesn't look like it's gonna be today, so that just leaves tomorrow......can it get anymore stressful for you guys?

I guess the emails will be sent out tmr..
I don't think the person in charge of this would stay in office until 5 or 6pm.:(

anyways, it doesn't look like it's gonna be today, so that just leaves tomorrow......can it get anymore stressful for you guys?

honestly I think admissions is reading this and enjoying watching us squirm

It for sure seems liek that! I ran home from work to check my e-mail and there was nothing so i thought i didn't get an interview:(....but i guess theres still some hope cuz it looks like no one has gotten one yet.. This is soooo stressful!...at least we now know that tomrrow is the big day! good luck!:)

lol well the ubc pharmacy website says that interviews will be sent by mid June, I'll be damned if they send it like on the 15th or something.

i remember last yr, they sent the e-mail out at like...9pm. So, we might be getting it tonight!

9 pm? really? I thought i was done checking my e-mail for the day lol

no according to the thread from last year ppl got it at around 3pm last year on the 4th

Just to clarify:

starstrike is correct, you get to pick your top 2 choices for the day/time of your interview from the given time slots, but they strongly suggest you pick the "anytime" option for ease of accommodating those who have to work around work/school schedules or come in from out of town. I got my email on a Wed, and we HAD TO REPLY by the following Monday (so less than a week to reply for sure). So, ya reply ASAP (same day or next), when you finally get your emails, that is. I'm sure the wait must be torture!!!!!

I actually got my email after 9 pm last year....but sometimes emails get lost in cyberspace for a while so who knows...

Wow I've never woken up this early... it's 6:19 am. Still no email and I'm so anxious!!!

I really hope that we hear today, I don't know what I'll do if I have to wait the weekend!

just wanted everyone to know, i received a call from the school today and they said the rankings were being done today. so emails will be coming in the next few days! oh the call had to do with an error in my transcript (just in case you're freaking out that you didn't get a call :D)

lol thanks for letting us know, good to know that we haven't gotten screwed over yet

Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum,Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, Refresh email, refresh student doctor forum, ..................................

wihn gardian liviosa

just got the invitation, check your emails everybody

nope, I am dead serious lol, I have already sent my reply back to shirley wong regarding my available time slots.

I'm sure you guys will get your invitations within today

Just got my interview invitation as well at 4:30 p.m. :)

Congrats on getting your interview invites then!

Thanks UBC microbi lol,

Best of luck everyone :luck::xf: