UBC class 2010-Guess what guys??---I got in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
starstrike said:
Cool! :cool: Well I guess it's time for bed now. Gotta go to work early in the morning :oops: I wish all of you the best of luck (for the 100th time :laugh: ). If I have time during my break, I will check SDN for updates and then I will check my email in anticipation and fear. Goodnight :)

I have had no dreams yet, just pure reality--------where as of yet I still haven't got anything. I wonder if they will send out emails to all those who were interviewed----Or do they only send out emails to congrads those who got in and then send letters to those who were rejected.
If so, I will only check my inbox---I am not checking my mailbox. I repeat.....I will not check my mailbox! :smuggrin:

What???? I got a letter today??? From whom?? UBC---------------NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :scared:
Alright, I think we won't get the result today. Perhaps tomorrow.
Fingers still crossed for everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

vancouver said:
I have had no dreams yet, just pure reality--------where as of yet I still haven't got anything. I wonder if they will send out emails to all those who were interviewed----Or do they only send out emails to congrads those who got in and then send letters to those who were rejected.
If so, I will only check my inbox---I am not checking my mailbox. I repeat.....I will not check my mailbox! :smuggrin:

What???? I got a letter today??? From whom?? UBC---------------NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :scared:
Alright, I think we won't get the result today. Perhaps tomorrow.
Fingers still crossed for everyone! :luck:

No, it's all done by email. The wait is killer! Does anyone else have a weird feeling in their stomach?

the weird feeling has been hanging around since i received the interview invitation email....

:(

Members don't see this ad :)
devilgurl said:
the weird feeling has been hanging around since i received the interview invitation email....

:(

Actually, come to think of It, I've had this feeling long before interview notices were handed out :laugh: :scared:

OMG OMG OMG :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I just got the email 1 min ago!

m@rk said:
OMG OMG OMG :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I just got the email 1 min ago!

MARK! +pissed+ Don't you ever lie! you gave me and probably devilgurl a heart attack :scared: Where's my Nitrolingual pump spray? :laugh: :laugh:

PS. I've got no email yet :confused:

starstrike said:
MARK! +pissed+ Don't you ever lie! you gave me and probably devilgurl a heart attack :scared: Where's my Nitrolingual pump spray? :laugh: :laugh:

PS. I've got no email yet :confused:

I think the email system is just slow :laugh:

It says it was sent 40 min ago but I just got it. Your offers should arrive any minute :)

m@rk said:

It says it was sent 40 min ago but I just got it. Your offers should arrive any minute :)

Did you get in? did you get in?

m@rk said:

What is your email server? Hotmail? Shaw? Gmail? what did you use? I have hotmail and I have received nothing yet.

starstrike said:
Did you get in? did you get in?

Yeah, I did. And I use Gmail and this is not a joke :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright guys - I haven't even applied to a school - but I have been following your thread for the last couple of days... Did you guys get in??? I really hope so - take care - and whatever you do - dont blow a semilunar valve...

~above~

guess i know what that means now... :(

Oh man I shouldn't have posted so early, I think I'm giving you guys a heart attack while you're madly clicking your inbox.

i guess i know what this means too.. haha

Anyways good job mark!!

Congrats Mark. Can someone give the school a call to find out if all notices have been sent out? I can't do it because I am away from a phone. The number to call is 604-822-0344. If someone could call in and find out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Now my heart is beating at 500bpm. There goes the semilunar valve :(

Don't worry guys, your emails will come too!

Apparently denial aint just a river in Egypt.. For some reason I just don't believe this. There's no way we all got rejected along with other people I know applying, and they send out all acceptances/rejections at the same time so this doesn't make any sense. I guess we'll see and perhaps I'm wrong, but heres to hoping I'm not for the rest of us.

RyanMaverick said:
Apparently denial aint just a river in Egypt.. For some reason I just don't believe this. There's no way we all got rejected along with other people I know applying, and they send out all acceptances/rejections at the same time so this doesn't make any sense. I guess we'll see and perhaps I'm wrong, but heres to hoping I'm not for the rest of us.

Same here Ryan, I just don't believe it. By the way, I was the one talking to you on msn, but for some reason I got logged out and it won't let me sign back in.

No worries starstrike. For the rest of you I just called the office and left a message on Margaret's desk. When she calls me back I'll be sure to fill you in on the information.

Apparently I owe you an apology m@rk, just heard from a friend that the emails are coming around, however slowly that might be. Sorry about doubting you mark, it's just that being tricked before was cruel enough! Congrats on being accepted!!!

Congrads Mark !:)
I thought it was a joke at first, because I tried to check my email after that and I still got nothing. Do you know whether everyone will receive an email? or only those that get in????? I am dying here in suspense!!

do they send a mass email out to people on a list or is it individualized? Maybe its alphabetical?

man... this is such a bad feeling

PsychUBC said:
do they send a mass email out to people on a list or is it individualized? Maybe its alphabetical?

man... this is such a bad feeling

It's individualized, and my last name is near the beginning of the alphabet, so that might explain things.

i feel like puking.

maybe i should work on my hw instead of checking my inbox every 30 secs :p

m@rk said:
It's individualized, and my last name is near the beginning of the alphabet, so that might explain things.

o god i hope your right. that gives the rest of us some hope.

by the way, congrads on being accepted

m@rk said:

I Pray to god that you are right. It would help to know if anyone else you know got a notice (negative or positive). If it's only positive notices being sent, then thats a cause for worry or at least it will raise ppl's blood pressure.

If you are right about the alphabetical part, then I will be more at east because my last name would come near the end.

I just checked the email, it was sent by Margaret herself and not UBC systems, so she's actually typing and sending each letter out. So no worries!

starstrike said:
I Pray to god that you are right. It would help to know if anyone else you know got a notice (negative or positive). If it's only positive notices being sent, then thats a cause for worry or at least it will raise ppl's blood pressure.

If you are right about the alphabetical part, then I will be more at east because my last name would come near the end.

OMG---my last name is near the beginning. I still got nothing. Really starting to freak out. Does this show up on your ssc??? anyone knows?

Just to make people panic less, let's post the first letter of our last name. Mine starts with a R.

PS. Mark, do you mind checking your status on SSC to see if it has been updated or not? Thanks!

vancouver said:
OMG---my last name is near the beginning. I still got nothing. Really starting to freak out. Does this show up on your ssc??? anyone knows?

Nope, not on SSC yet.

starstrike said:
Just to make people panic less, let's post the first letter of our last name. Mine starts with a R.

B! Does anyone knows of anyone getting negative feedback already? Because I got none.

I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

OMG I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!

my last name starts with an R

good luck to everyone else. i seriously hope all SDNers get in!

Hey M@rk, I'll be seeing u in the fall, I got accepted too!

if anything they might start at the beginning of the alphabet for admittance and then same for rejections...

vancouver said:
B! Does anyone knows of anyone getting negative feedback already? Because I got none.

That's what I would like to know as well. Never have I seen so much panic and chaos on a messageboard, but this time it is warranted. I hope someone can enlighten us on whether both acceptance and rejection letters are being sent or if they are only acceptance letters.

Congrats, guys! :laugh:

Horray for SDNer's!

Jaquabeem said:
I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

OMG I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!

my last name starts with an R

good luck to everyone else. i seriously hope all SDNers get in!

OMG! I'm so freaked now. My last name starts with an R as well. When did you receive the email? What is the timestamp on the email? omg omg omg ! This is so freaky.

Oh...... and CONGRATS!

AvaP said:
Hey M@rk, I'll be seeing u in the fall, I got accepted too!

Congrads guy. I haven't got mine, but looked like it doesn't seem like a good news. Good luck to everyone else.

Anyone else heard anything? Ryan, Star, Fungmanx?

starstrike said:
OMG! I'm so freaked now. My last name starts with an R as well. When did you receive the email? What is the timestamp on the email? omg omg omg ! This is so freaky.

Oh...... and CONGRATS!

the time stamp was 1:40. i recieved it at about 2:20 and i use hotmail.

starstrike said:
Nothing at all. I'm beginning to cry now :(

I got nothing too star. I think I'm going to cry too now. :(

maybe the emails sent out are based on the time/day of your interview... haha. Okay... i give up on guessing! i'll just wait this out.