UAMS College of Pharmacy c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PolymeraseIII

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, anyone have advice for interviewing at UAMS this year? From what I've read, I guess they have the multiple mini-interview format. I assume they will do the same thing this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Alright well...nevermind that interview advice, because it all seemed to work out, haha. Anyone else possibly attending UAMS next year?

Did you get in? I think there is already a thread for this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I actually got accepted last week. I was very excited! I also didn't pay attention that there were 2 threads going for Arkansas, haha. Maybe someone can merge them?

Yes, I actually got accepted last week. I was very excited! I also didn't pay attention that there were 2 threads going for Arkansas, haha. Maybe someone can merge them?

Congrats! I still haven't heard a word from them so I'm guessing my chances aren't very good at this point

Congrats! I still haven't heard a word from them so I'm guessing my chances aren't very good at this point

Thank you, and you never know. I don't think the next interview date is until the middle of December, so who knows when they'll start sending out the next round of invites.

What does the "mini-interview" process entail for UAMS?

My next interview is with UAMS in December. I would've interviewed in October but I submitted my PharmCAS a little late and got the invite about a week and a half prior, so I opted to go with December instead.

Also, how quickly were acceptance/rejection letters sent out?

What does the "mini-interview" process entail for UAMS?

My next interview is with UAMS in December. I would've interviewed in October but I submitted my PharmCAS a little late and got the invite about a week and a half prior, so I opted to go with December instead.

Also, how quickly were acceptance/rejection letters sent out?

The mini-interview is exactly how they describe it in the e-mail invite. It's just four or five quick scenarios each with a question to answer. It's kind of intimidating, but as long as you know how to talk to people you should be fine. That's really the only tough part of the day, the rest is relaxing. I also believe I got my acceptance a little more than a week after interviewing.

I didn't receive any sort of description about it. I was just told that more information would be sent later. Perhaps they'll send something closer to the interview date.

So are the questions on the SDN interview feedback page for UAMS somewhat accurate?

I just received an interview for January 11th. I'm from out of state and was wondering if anyone knows how many people have been accepted so far?

I just received an interview for January 11th. I'm from out of state and was wondering if anyone knows how many people have been accepted so far?

There were something like 30 or 35 people at the first interview, and I think only 2 of us were from out of state.. Don't really know how many have been accepted though.

Poly, are you an out of state student?

I'm curious as to whether it's all fair game after interviews are offered, or if in-state students still have a better chance afterwards. UAMS seems to accept so few out of state students, so I'm a little concerned about that.

Poly, are you an out of state student?

I'm curious as to whether it's all fair game after interviews are offered, or if in-state students still have a better chance afterwards. UAMS seems to accept so few out of state students, so I'm a little concerned about that.

The number of out of state students accepted varies. When I started, there was 5-10% from out of state. This past year, it was a lot more.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Feb 1. From what they said there acceptance letters would go out around April 1st but it seems people here have gotten their letters a week later.

I interviewed Feb 1. From what they said there acceptance letters would go out around April 1st but it seems people here have gotten their letters a week later.
I received mine about a week after the interview, but I'm assuming that was only the case for the earlier dates - before January. There were also less people at each of those interviews.

I interviewed on Jan. 11 and they said acceptances or rejection letters will go out at the end of March. The wait is killing me!

Would anybody here that has applied to UAMS, either waiting or accepted, mind sharing their stats?

does anyone know if they have sent out all of the interview invitations?

Would anybody here that has applied to UAMS, either waiting or accepted, mind sharing their stats?

I was accepted back in October. My PCAT score was in the 90's, and I had a 4.0 GPA. I didn't have a ton of pharmacy experience though, never really worked as a tech or anything. I just had some observation hours during school. I was also from out of state, so I don't know how much any of that helps. Also, during the interview day I felt like I really didn't do that well on at least one of the parts. But it all seemed to work out...

Does anyone know if the Admissions Committee actually met March 4th? Or any idea on how the whole admissions process is going?

Just updating this thread for a friend. He received an acceptance letter from UAMS today. So you guys should be hearing from the school soon.

- Ar2

I also received my letter of acceptance today. Good luck to everyone else.