Uae - Hospitals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

synapse123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not entirely sure of the procedures on how you can get a job out there, as I was a mere student back then studying in the UAE, you should check out thier pvt hospitals, google Sheikh Rashid Hospital, American Hospital of Dubai, or any other medical facilities out there, email them your resume and all that good stuff, I'm sure you should be able to find something. They are always in need of medical personel, and if you're a USA citizen , I believe you get more benifits etc (racist bastards) lol no I'm messing, but that's how it works out there. Good Luck! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
why is everyone so interested in UAE all of a sudden? :D is it that damn nice, ive heard some nice things about it here and there, are woman allowed to drive there?

Sheik Kalifa Hospital in Abu Dhabi is nice. My father-in-law has worked there for five years now and he just extended his contract for another 2. It's a great place. Women can drive and the country caters to westerners. They enjoy the tourism income. Hospitals there generally pay for your housing, car, and pay you comparably to the west. There is practically no malpractice insurance. If your canadian and sell your house, after 1 or 2 years it's tax free income. If you're a U.S. resident you get an $80,000 tax write off. It's a great deal and living there is like going on vacation.

Don't forget to mention Dubai Medical Center, which is to be the largest in the world. I heard Harvard will open a med school their, and major US hospitals plan to open there. Good call for those who want to move their! Cornell already has a med school in nearby Qatar.
Anyone knows more info on the Dubai Medical Center?

lets not forget that it gets to be 50+ degrees celsius there in the summers...so hot that the air conditioning can sometime stop working.

In about 10-15 years, demand for health care will be very high in the gulf states. Will US doctors be able to find a job in Dubai around that time, or will it be too much competition? And do expats have private practices in Dubai?

Yes it will be a place for private practice for every doctor ie consultants. But for academics and residency no.