UA Phx vs UA tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ggjniin

Reaction score
very happy with my acceptance, need help deciding which school to attend. I am from AZ so i dont mind where I go as tuition is the same. I am more concerned about residency and step 2, which school do you guys think is good for ent, derm, and surg as those are my main interest. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Tucson has home programs in all 3 specialties whereas Phoenix only has surgery. Tucson is the better academic institution which helps with networking, letters, and research. With that said, that’s not the only factor. If you have family or some other important ties to Phoenix, it would be completely fine to go there.

Tucson has home programs in all 3 specialties whereas Phoenix only has surgery. Tucson is the better academic institution which helps with networking, letters, and research. With that said, that’s not the only factor. If you have family or some other important ties to Phoenix, it would be completely fine to go there.
that is true, I heard that Phoenix was more prestige or something like that. Should i just go with tucson then

Members don't see this ad :)
that is true, I heard that Phoenix was more prestige or something like that. Should i just go with tucson then

Phoenix is not more prestigious. Tucson is the main campus and has a better name in any specialty. But it really doesn’t matter, so if you have significant ties to the Phoenix area, I think that’s a great option too.

Reactions: 1 user
It depends. Phoenix is relatively new and they are growing very rapidly. It is an incredible school with a lot of cool things coming up for them soon (including an MBA while completing the MD instead of an extra year). Go to second look for both then make a decision.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Phx has more resources/ research being in a larger city, more hospitals in association like banner, mayo, and phx children etc etc

I know people at both places, and you can't go wrong! Congratulations!!
Phx has more resources/ research being in a larger city, more hospitals in association like banner, mayo, and phx children etc etc
^^Yes, for sure, but also, this means lots of driving to rotations. Not sure how this shakes out in Tuscon though