U Penn 2012 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@drflap
did they say
they sent u iv letter...mine ststus is still under review

Members don't see this ad.

@drflap
did they say

sorry but where can you check your status ???
you mean you asked them ??

@drflap
did they say

I still havnt got that letter too..but when i called them they told me such info..

Members don't see this ad :)
DrFlap,

Did they happen to tell you which date they mailed out interview letters?

Has anyone got one yet?

Thanks!

hey guys does any1 know any applicant who has had part 1 score in the 70s and got interview call/ admission in any college????..

hi ptn278, i have a friend's part 1 score in the 70s and got an interview and admit to university of colorado denver.

Got an interview invite from upenn yesterday:) really excited.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats dentist81. did u receive it by email or mail? thank you.

Thanks a lot guys for all ur wishes. I received it thru regular mail and have scheduled it for sept 27 th. Good luck to all those waiting.

dentist 81
are you a reapplicant from last yr?

Thanks a lot guys for all ur wishes. I received it thru regular mail and have scheduled it for sept 27 th. Good luck to all those waiting.

I've got my IV letter today! What should I do to schedule a date? Call them? Thanks.

I've got my IV letter today! What should I do to schedule a date? Call them? Thanks.

Just scheduled my interview! =D

Once you get the IV letter you have to call them, they'll give you the closest available date. After you confirm they'll send you another letter.

All done, now is just wait for the day! :xf:

Does anyone here have any idea about the interview itself? Any threads with this?

Thanks.

Just scheduled my interview! =D

Once you get the IV letter you have to call them, they'll give you the closest available date. After you confirm they'll send you another letter.

All done, now is just wait for the day! :xf:

Does anyone here have any idea about the interview itself? Any threads with this?

Thanks.

Great! Congratulations to you and Arnika. Thanks for sharing. What were the dates offered? I am anxiously waiting.
UPenn should have lots of old interview threads. Its an old program. You have to search through sdn.

Congrats arnikka and all ... i am seeing a pattern here... you all guys have an awesome dental experience.. and mostly US experience... i think it counts a lot as far as upenn is considered... :) just my opinion based on what i observed here... anyways... congrats once again ..and good luck for the day !! :D

I've received my IV invitation today!

Great! Congratulations to you and Arnika. Thanks for sharing. What were the dates offered? I am anxiously waiting.
UPenn should have lots of old interview threads. Its an old program. You have to search through sdn.

IV are only on Tuesdays, the earliest dates are in October. September is already full (if I'm not mistaken they'll start the IVs on the second half of September).

I couldn't find that many threads on uPenn... But the little I found was very helpful.

Congrats to those who got interview!!!
And yes apparently US experience is very important for UPenn...meaning in screwed cus i got none :p

Keep posting and good luck!

Even i got none.. So i think we dont fit in the pattern. anyways.. lets still hope for something :)
Congrats to those who got interview!!!
And yes apparently US experience is very important for UPenn...meaning in screwed cus i got none :p

Keep posting and good luck!

Congratulations all of you who made the first cut! :D Great job!

When we say "US experience"- does that mean only shadowing/observing or being a DA in a clinic? Does research/publications/other masters degrees, in the US also count as "US experience" ?

I personally feel that Penn is looking for more "clinical experience/advanced degree" students. Any thoughts would help - I could be totally wrong! :xf:

congrats to all those applicants who got IV call...all the ver best!!

Well the people in this thread who got interview have all kinds of things in their profiles... like DA, publications, presentations, and one or two of them have masters too... so i think everything counts...
Congratulations all of you who made the first cut! :D Great job!

When we say "US experience"- does that mean only shadowing/observing or being a DA in a clinic? Does research/publications/other masters degrees, in the US also count as "US experience" ?

I personally feel that Penn is looking for more "clinical experience/advanced degree" students. Any thoughts would help - I could be totally wrong! :xf:

congratulations to the ones who made it to the interview. maybe from their status we can figure out the patterns that UPenn likes for their candidates. this way for the ppl who didnt get any luck this year knows where they can strength their weak areas.

hi
i sent my applications a month back to Upenn.. i dont have any sort of US experience. Does anyone know if its possible to get in without that?
my stats are-
NBDE part 1 - 88
Toefl - 111
GPA 3.26
a few poster and paper presentations , volunteer work, working at private clinic since i graduated 7 months back. attended 8 -9 CDE programs and workshops in India itself

Could anyone tell me the time lapse between sending the application and getting the IV letter?I just sent it a week...mebbe a week1/2 ago.

Could anyone tell me the time lapse between sending the application and getting the IV letter?I just sent it a week...mebbe a week1/2 ago.

Info taken from their website, and pdf application:

"Careful consideration will be given to those with a minimum grade point average of 3.1 and a minimum National Dental Boards Examination (NDBE) Part I score of 80.
Although there is no minimum TOEFL score, serious consideration will be given to applicants with Internet-based test (IBT) scores of 90 and above...

Highly competitive candidates will be notified via U.S. mail starting in August 2011 until November 2011 to interview at Penn Dental Medicine. While an interview does not guarantee acceptance, applicants with strong credentials are required to appear for a personal interview from mid-September 2011 through early December 2011 (approximately 70 candidates are invited to interview)...

PASS interviews are conducted on Tuesdays. There is no bench exam."

http://www.dental.upenn.edu/academic_programs_admissions/program_for_advanced_standing_students/program_for_advance_standing_students

For serious consideration, all items should be received at Penn Dental Medicine Office of Admissions a month in advance of the September 1, 2011 deadline.

http://www.dental.upenn.edu/pdf/pass_application.pdf

I first sent CAAPID and compl. docs in mid July, a week letter got a letter saying that app was incomplete and need some docs, sent the docs, and got my "app complete" letter early August, then about 3/4 weeks later IV letter.
I hope it helps...

Does anybody know how long it takes the admissions committee to decide whether they accept you or not after the IV?

hope4 got acceptance letter from UIC...so he/she is not going to attend IV at Upenn..coz he/she lives in chicago..!!

Yep! :D

I'd scheduled it for Oct 4th, but I cancelled it.

Thank you so much.did you have to put in the recommendation letters also or did they accept the CAAPID LORs?

Hope4, congratulations! My IV is October 4th....

Jigs, 87/101/3.25, but I have a strong personal statement...

Congrats to all those who received IV call. Good luck to all who are waiting like me.

Does anybody know how many people they interview on the same day?

why they are not sending more invitations ?