U of Alabama @ Birmingham

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

devchonka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know anything about the school and surrounding area? :eek:
I couldn't find any of the threads for this particular school in OT forum

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! UAB has great therapy and medical programs. It is located in downtown Birmingham so it is city-like in that sense. The building the OT classes in is very new and nice. However, if you drive away from campus and are just in Birmingham there is so much to do and it is a goregous area. Not to mention the people are incredibly kind. =)

Thank you for response :)
I contacted the school and talked to admissions counselor. Everybody is really friendly and knowledgeable I am considering sending out my application soon. Plus they have low vision therapy certificate that you can attain after completing your MSOT degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply to UAB yet? I sent in an application the other day and received an interview invitation for the March 23.

Anyone know about UAB's interview process? Or typical questions/scenarios asked? Thanks for any help! :)

Yes. My interview appointment is on March 23rd as well. I am in the process of booking my flight and hotel. I am also interested in knowing about the interview process.

My interview is this Friday also! I'm starting to get really nervous, but I have a friend who is a 2nd year, and she said it was very laid back there. She also said they do group interviews now.

I just applied to the Birmingham program through OTCAS. I just went to do the supplemental application and it asked me for my references names and said it emailed them. I'm confused, are they asking for ANOTHER reference? What do I tell my references if they contact me asking what is going on/