U of A vs. Midwestern University.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school is more recommended and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Neither. Dont go to pharmacy school. Find another career. Youre gonna walk right into the worst saturation of any profession in modern history. And its only gonna get worse by the time you get out.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Either school is fine.............................................

As long as you're a computer science or engineering major. Not pharmacy.

Reactions: 2 users
By U of A are you referring to Tucson or Phoenix Campus?

Here's my 2 cents:

Midwestern
-3 year program
-Tuition $ 60,00 per year for 3 years
-Small breaks between trimester
-Great facilities
-In person classes
-Class size: 100 something

U of A Phoenix
-traditional 4 year
-Satellite campus of the Tucson campus
-Great facilities in the medical campus in downtown phoenix.
-Mixed remote with in person classes
-Cheaper (around 27,000 per year)
- Phoenix cohort is around 40 students

U of A is your solid state program. Midwestern is your typical private pharmacy school. Take each with a grain of salt and decide from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It really doesnt matter anymore. I would focus first on seeing if you will be employable by the time you graduate,

Either school is fine.............................................

As long as you're a computer science or engineering major. Not pharmacy.
1. For CS, U of A is much better than the other one. heck, i have never even heard of that school o_O
2. For pharmacy, go to the one that gives you full-ride scholarship. If neither, just don't go and follow the previous advice.

1. For CS, U of A is much better than the other one. heck, i have never even heard of that school o_O
2. For pharmacy, go to the one that gives you full-ride scholarship. If neither, just don't go and follow the previous advice.
I'm doing stats now. Self teaching, scholarship for myself

I'm doing stats now. Self teaching, scholarship for myself
I was reading about some statisticians using bayesian statistics to simulate the incidence rate of rare side effects for onco drugs that are in phase 3 and phase 4 trials. real cool stuff.

I was reading about some statisticians using bayesian statistics to simulate the incidence rate of rare side effects for onco drugs that are in phase 3 and phase 4 trials. real cool stuff.
All the linear regression is in stats. About to do calculus and risks data analyatics is all stats

All the linear regression is in stats. About to do calculus and risks data analyatics is all stats
my intro course covered all commonly used models for classfication, clustering, regression, time series and change detection, statistical distributions, simulation and optimization process, and topics like variable selection, experiment design, and missing data manipulation, using R, Python and Arena (only for discrete event simulations)

my intro course covered all commonly used models for classfication, clustering, regression, time series and change detection, statistical distributions, simulation and optimization process, and topics like variable selection, experiment design, and missing data manipulation.
I mean the bar and histogram are part of stats too lol

I mean the bar and histogram are part of stats too lol
we have a required course, listed under cs department, for data and visual analytics. high dimensional data visualization

Well I'm going through it. It has biostats in it
if you wanna do analytics for a living, i still highly recommend you to pursue a degree program. I had some chat with my dad last night, and he teaches EECS, and he reads some machine learning topics for fun. Man, it's totally different. there's some big knowledge gap between self-learning and learning from the experts. like i asked him some basic data partition techniques and how to select predictors among attributes to avoid over-fitting, he just couldn't get it right.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
It's especially important I. Machine learning and stocks LOOL. Machine learning is just stat
anyways, i don't blame him. his specialty is in chip-design and not really in stats, but it kinda shows the difference.