Type of questions on real OAT

eyecare4eyecare

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the bio questions; were there a lot of plant biology, and ecology questions, or mainly human/cell based?

For gchem, and ochem; was it more conceptual, or problem/reactant based?

For quantitative; are there a lot of word problems, or relatively less then in practive exams?

By practive exams, I mean Kaplan, Topscore, and the sample on the OAT website. I'm taking the OAT soon, so I want to see what I should review....Thanks in advance!:D

Members don't see this ad.

For the bio questions; were there a lot of plant biology, and ecology questions, or mainly human/cell based?

For gchem, and ochem; was it more conceptual, or problem/reactant based?

For quantitative; are there a lot of word problems, or relatively less then in practive exams?

By practive exams, I mean Kaplan, Topscore, and the sample on the OAT website. I'm taking the OAT soon, so I want to see what I should review....Thanks in advance!:D

From what I remember when I did the OAT...

- I actually don't recall any plant bio on the OAT I took (probably a question on chlorophyll???), but I think it's still tested anyway.

- For G-chem and O-chem, there is a good mix of both conceptual and reactant based questions.

- There was definitely a good amount of word problems...enough to make you worry! So practice those real well too.

I think overall Kaplan is pretty faithful to the actual test, but except the former is a bit harder (IMHO). I'm not sure about Topscore and the sample on the OAT website though.