Twitter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

“He said at a White House briefing that it pains him to see people refuse the coronavirus vaccine for political reasons.”

“Whether you're a far-right Republican or a far-left Democrat, it doesn't make any difference to me," he said. "I look upon it the same way as I did in the emergency room in the middle New York City when I was taking care of everybody who was coming in off the street."
Wait, he claimed he was taking care of patients in NYC ERs?

Members don't see this ad.

When the pandemic was at it’s worst and the ICU was flooded and like a war zone almost every single patient that needed to be intubated was unvaccinated.
In the first peak
When the pandemic was at it’s worst and the ICU was flooded and like a war zone almost every single patient that needed to be intubated was unvaccinated.
Can't debate that statement. Only a few hundred healthcare workers were two weeks out from their second dose by the first ICU peak occurred.
ICU admissions in the USA had 3 prominent peaks. The first was Jan 11, 2021. Outside of a trial, the very first dose of mRNA as administered outside of a trial less than 30 days prior. Before this first ICU surge, doses were rationed and prioritized only for healthcare workers and frontline workers. This means an incredibly small cohort as two weeks out from a second dose marking 'fully protected," using CDC criteria. In the second surge of ICU admissions, September 2021, the Delta variant predominated. The peak ICU population in this surge was within 10% of the first surge in January near when effectively nobody had vaccine protection. A third ICU surge occurred in January of '22. This surge actually was up 1.38% from the one in September '21, and just 9% lower than the surge occurring when all but a few healthcare workers had received two doses. I don't have a dog in the fight of mRNA, vs. plasmid-DNA, vs. recombinant protein vs. killed/attenuated virus vaccine, but wouldn't we expect a much bigger difference in Covid related ICU admissions between the time that nobody was vaccinated (Jan 11, '21) and the surge when most everybody was fully vaccinated in Jan of '22. Data is data - but the art is in its interpretation.

Wait, he claimed he was taking care of patients in NYC ERs?
Far stretch? Last I checked, residents took care of patients in the ER.

“Dr. Fauci received his M.D. from Cornell University Medical College, at York Avenue and 68th-69th Street in Manhattan, in 1966. He then joined the federal government’s National Institutes of Health, but left briefly: “I finished medical school and I did internship and two years of residency in Internal Medicine at the New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center and then I came down to the NIH for a three-year fellowship combined Infectious Diseases/Immunology.” He has worked at NIH since 1972, rising through the ranks to his current position, which he has held since 1984.”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And again, to get back to just how insanely stupid many conservatives are being about the Fauci thing, perjury means *willfully and knowingly* lying under oath. I don't think Fauci was lying at all, but even if he said inaccurate things about COVID or its origins under oath, he did so out of ignorance, not malice. It makes Elon's tweet just that much more cynical and dotarded.
So, it has moved from “delusional” to now, you saying yeah, he likely was telling untruths but it wasn’t willful and was just because “he didn’t know” and now multiple experts disagree? If multiple experts disagree, it is probably not “delusional” to consider that one side of the expert panels might be correct as opposed to the side that you think are correct.
I’m not sure which is worse. Willful deceit or just being completely asleep at the switch while being the top official at a government agency. They are both pretty bad.
I made it about half way through the deposition so far and a few things are clear. He was in strict damage control mode early in 2020, long before the hearings where he told untruths to the senate committee when directly questioned by Rand Paul. Also, his memory of historic events that unfolded under his watch is pretty abysmal. He sure answered “I don’t recall” about 170 times about things that seemed pretty important that he should recall. He should have just been honest and pleaded the fifth, which is essentially what he was doing.

Far stretch? Last I checked, residents took care of patients in the ER.

“Dr. Fauci received his M.D. from Cornell University Medical College, at York Avenue and 68th-69th Street in Manhattan, in 1966. He then joined the federal government’s National Institutes of Health, but left briefly: “I finished medical school and I did internship and two years of residency in Internal Medicine at the New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center and then I came down to the NIH for a three-year fellowship combined Infectious Diseases/Immunology.” He has worked at NIH since 1972, rising through the ranks to his current position, which he has held since 1984.”

I took his comment to mean during the Covid crisis. You think he meant during residency. Re-reading it, it likely could be interpreted both ways so I would need more context to know exactly what he meant. Good point.

Reactions: 1 users
In the first peak

Can't debate that statement. Only a few hundred healthcare workers were two weeks out from their second dose by the first ICU peak occurred.
ICU admissions in the USA had 3 prominent peaks. The first was Jan 11, 2021. Outside of a trial, the very first dose of mRNA as administered outside of a trial less than 30 days prior. Before this first ICU surge, doses were rationed and prioritized only for healthcare workers and frontline workers. This means an incredibly small cohort as two weeks out from a second dose marking 'fully protected," using CDC criteria. In the second surge of ICU admissions, September 2021, the Delta variant predominated. The peak ICU population in this surge was within 10% of the first surge in January near when effectively nobody had vaccine protection. A third ICU surge occurred in January of '22. This surge actually was up 1.38% from the one in September '21, and just 9% lower than the surge occurring when all but a few healthcare workers had received two doses. I don't have a dog in the fight of mRNA, vs. plasmid-DNA, vs. recombinant protein vs. killed/attenuated virus vaccine, but wouldn't we expect a much bigger difference in Covid related ICU admissions between the time that nobody was vaccinated (Jan 11, '21) and the surge when most everybody was fully vaccinated in Jan of '22. Data is data - but the art is in its interpretation.
I know at our place, those later ICU peaks were 80%+ un-vaccinated individuals. Intubated patients were 90%+ unvaccinated. I can only imagine how much worse things would have been if we hadn't had the vaccine.

Reactions: 5 users

How is this ok? I’m going to pull a Time to Kill reference… Trumpees, close your eyes and imagine if this was Obama.

So, it has moved from “delusional” to now, you saying yeah, he likely was telling untruths but it wasn’t willful and was just because “he didn’t know” and now multiple experts disagree? If multiple experts disagree, it is probably not “delusional” to consider that one side of the expert panels might be correct as opposed to the side that you think are correct.
I’m not sure which is worse. Willful deceit or just being completely asleep at the switch while being the top official at a government agency. They are both pretty bad.
I made it about half way through the deposition so far and a few things are clear. He was in strict damage control mode early in 2020, long before the hearings where he told untruths to the senate committee when directly questioned by Rand Paul. Also, his memory of historic events that unfolded under his watch is pretty abysmal. He sure answered “I don’t recall” about 170 times about things that seemed pretty important that he should recall. He should have just been honest and pleaded the fifth, which is essentially what he was doing.

Work on your reading comprehension

I said explicitly I didn't think he was lying. I also said "if" he said anything untrue, not that he did.

Furthermore, earlier I stated:

NIH clearly, directly funded gain of function research and that Fauci knowingly lied under oath about funding it is a delusion so absurd that's it's on a level with Q.​

If you believe those things (especially the bolded parts) to be *unambiguously* true while cheering on shouts of "Prosecute Fauci" then yes, one is, in all likelihood, a delusional partisan halfwit.

Work on your reading comprehension. I said:

NIH clearly, directly funded gain of function research and that Fauci knowingly lied under oath about funding it is a delusion so absurd that's it's on a level with Q.​

If you believe those things (especially the bolded parts) to be *unambiguously* true while cheering on shouts of "Prosecute Fauci" then yes, one is, in all likelihood, a delusional partisan halfwit.
I see you’ve gone all in on the insults. I didn’t cheer on anything about Prosecute Fauci. You are the one that brought up that tweet by Musk and projected that anyone in here that disagreed with you but did not denounce that tweet was somehow evil or absurd or something along those lines. I simply clarified what you were talking about and why he was likely advocating prosecuting Fauci.
So I will ask you again, which is worse? That he may have willfully lied to the congressional committee (likely based on his deposition which showed he knew more than he admitted to and was in full damage control mode early in the pandemic) OR that he was asleep at the switch as the head of an important government agency and allowed his agency’s funds to be used for gain of function research?

Reactions: 2 users
I see you’ve gone all in on the insults. I didn’t cheer on anything about Prosecute Fauci. You are the one that brought up that tweet by Musk and projected that anyone in here that disagreed with you but did not denounce that tweet was somehow evil or absurd or something along those lines. I simply clarified what you were talking about and why he was likely advocating prosecuting Fauci.

What in the world are you rambling about? In the post you're referring to I didn't "project" anything about those not denouncing the tweet being evil or absurd. Again, Gern, reaaaading. In that post I merely stated to give the sanctimoniousness a rest because everyone here knows shouts of "Prosecute Fauci" aren't studied, measured, sober statements yearning for the truth. They're partisan warcries (like "Lock Her Up") meant to rile up biased and/or simple people, and pretending otherwise is the epitome of being obtuse.

So I will ask you again, which is worse? That he may have willfully lied to the congressional committee (likely based on his deposition which showed he knew more than he admitted to and was in full damage control mode early in the pandemic) OR that he was asleep at the switch as the head of an important government agency and allowed his agency’s funds to be used for gain of function research?

Lol, the way you phrase your false dichotomy is analogous to that joke about asking "when did you stop beating your wife?" I reject your latter premise that the agency's funds were *clearly* used for gain of function research at all. I think the reporting regarding EcoHealth is so ambiguous, convoluted, and controversial that anyone claiming it definitely proves anything is, you guessed it, a partisan halfwit. And sorry if that's insulting- I guess Elon's take on "free speech" in the online realm must be rubbing off on me.

Last edited:

How is this ok? I’m going to pull a Time to Kill reference… Trumpees, close your eyes and imagine if this was Obama.
So if you lose money you should pay income tax in your view?

So if you lose money you should pay income tax in your view?
Nope, nothing to see here folks.

The guy hides his tax returns, is a fraud by every sense of the word, lies all the time and yet this is your question?

Another politician lies about going to college, where he worked, his religion and yet again nothing to see here folks.

I see the Trumpees double-triple down on whatever it is they are doing.

Lol, the way you phrase your false dichotomy is analogous to that joke about asking "when did you stop beating your wife?" I reject your latter premise that the agency's funds were *clearly* used for gain of function research at all. I think the reporting regarding EcoHealth is so ambiguous, convoluted, and controversial that anyone claiming it definitely proves anything is a, you guessed it, a partisan halfwit.
Nice dodge. Simply throw out an insult, deny the possibility that Fauci lied (or was asleep at the switch), and claim victory. You’ve bloviated mostly unchecked on this forum for so long (years) that it must really get to you that so many have exposed you.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

How much did he owe and should have paid? I really don’t know and it’s a real question. You seem to have some knowledge about what he owed and did not pay. Have you run the numbers? Did he falsely claim losses or did they really occur? If the losses are real, then what should his tax bill have been according to your numbers? If the losses are not real, what are the real numbers he should have claimed?

Nice dodge. Simply throw out an insult, deny the possibility that Fauci lied (or was asleep at the switch), and claim victory. You’ve bloviated mostly unchecked on this forum for so long (years) that it must really get to you that so many have exposed you.

Lmfao my dude, you've gotta wake the f up from whatever "own the lib" fever dream you're stuck in. Cause what was dodged or exposed exactly?

The facts are clear: 1. There is no slam dunk case from a consensus of virologists that EcoHealth definitively engaged in gain of function research. 2. There is no evidence that the NIH sanctioned any research in the original EcoHealth grant that could've even been construed as GOF research. 3. There is no evidence that Fauci committed perjury, i.e. knowingly or willingly lied about anything under oath, ergo there's nothing to "prosecute" him for.

How much did he owe and should have paid? I really don’t know and it’s a real question. You seem to have some knowledge about what he owed and did not pay. Have you run the numbers? Did he falsely claim losses or did they really occur? If the losses are real, then what should his tax bill have been according to your numbers? If the losses are not real, what are the real numbers he should have claimed?
Could it be possible that your god is a fraud, a criminal, a bad person who only thinks about himself or are you not allowed to think that way about him?

• Care
Lmfao my dude, you've gotta wake the f up from whatever "own the lib" fever dream you're stuck in. Cause what was dodged or exposed exactly?

The facts are clear: 1. There is no slam dunk case from a consensus of virologists that EcoHealth definitively engaged in gain of function research. 2. There is no evidence that the NIH sanctioned any research in the original EcoHealth grant that could've even been construed as GOF research. 3. There is no evidence that Fauci committed perjury, i.e. knowingly or willingly lied about anything under oath, ergo there's nothing to "prosecute" him for.
You haven’t read the deposition. They have the emails that show he knew something was up. When pressed on it. He “did not recall.” Something like 170 times. I don’t think he was malicious. I think he was oblivious to what was occurring in his agency and, when faced with the cold hard facts, he went into CYA mode and circled the wagons with frantic midnight emails and emergency meetings to get their stories straight. It’s human nature for self preservation and that’s what he did. Read the deposition. It is clear things were not on the up and up. Rand Paul called him out in a very public way and exposed him. Just read it and then defend him. He mismanaged so much in the past decade and has a long history of the same. When AIDS was in its early stages, he published scare tactic untruths that had to be retracted. So he has history of incompetence or being a liar. He’s likely incompetent to do his job and he may also be a liar.

Reactions: 3 users
Could it be possible that your god is a fraud, a criminal, a bad person who only thinks about himself or are you not allowed to think that way about him?

He is not my God. I have stated on here he is a narcissist and a jerk. That being said, he was a better choice than Clinton or Biden. The economy and sheer incompetence for the past two years has confirmed that. I believe Biden has done one public press conference since taking office and clearly has dementia.

He is not my God. I have stated on here he is a narcissist and a jerk. That being said, he was a better choice than Clinton or Biden. The economy and sheer incompetence for the past two years has confirmed that. I believe Biden has done one public press conference since taking office and clearly has dementia.
I guess we’ll see what happens in 2024, but do you believe Trump has a better chance in the future of winning? If so, good luck and if not then who… Desantis?

My recommendation is to stop doubling down on Trumpism because it’s not working.

You haven’t read the deposition. They have the emails that show he knew something was up. When pressed on it. He “did not recall.” Something like 170 times. I don’t think he was malicious. I think he was oblivious to what was occurring in his agency and, when faced with the cold hard facts, he went into CYA mode and circled the wagons with frantic midnight emails and emergency meetings to get their stories straight. It’s human nature for self preservation and that’s what he did. Read the deposition. It is clear things were not on the up and up. Rand Paul called him out in a very public way and exposed him. Just read it and then defend him. He mismanaged so much in the past decade and has a long history of the same. When AIDS was in its early stages, he published scare tactic untruths that had to be retracted. So he has history of incompetence or being a liar. He’s likely incompetent to do his job and he may also be a liar.

Are you just combining every time Fauci has sat under oath into one big gotcha fest? Cause the EcoHealth testimony with special boy Rand is one thing, and this grandstanding kangaroo suit from Republican state attorneys general about his pandemic response direction is another thing entirely.

And in the case of the latter, him saying I do not recall that many times in a 400 page deposition isn't the big gotcha that you think it is...when one considers that the hacks were literally asking him the most minute details about a gazillion work emails going back two years.

• Care
I guess we’ll see what happens in 2024, but do you believe Trump has a better chance in the future of winning? If so, good luck and if not then who… Desantis?

My recommendation is to stop doubling down on Trumpism because it’s not working.
I have never doubled down on Trump. I haven’t singled down on Trump. Saying he is better than Biden is not any type of endorsement. A pile of gravel is better than Biden.
I will be very disappointed if Trump runs in 2024. I think it will be a disaster if he does.
I would like to see DeSantis run with Tulsi Gabbard as a running mate. Neither are perfect, but I think they would complement each other and maybe mend some of the division present in our government since Gabbard WAS a democrat. She may be persona non grata with Dems now. I’m just not sure.

Are you just combining every time Fauci has sat under oath into one big gotcha fest? Cause the EcoHealth testimony with special boy Rand is one thing, and this grandstanding kangaroo suit from Republican state attorneys general about his pandemic response direction is another thing entirely.

And in the case of the latter, him saying I do not recall that many times in a 400 page deposition isn't the big gotcha that you think it is...when one considers that the hacks were literally asking him the most minute details about a gazillion work emails going back two years.
Two whole years ago in what was probably the most intense and memorable events in his career. And his memory failed him that often…

I have never doubled down on Trump. I haven’t singled down on Trump. Saying he is better than Biden is not any type of endorsement. A pile of gravel is better than Biden.
I will be very disappointed if Trump runs in 2024. I think it will be a disaster if he does.
I would like to see DeSantis run with Tulsi Gabbard as a running mate. Neither are perfect, but I think they would complement each other and maybe mend some of the division present in our government since Gabbard WAS a democrat. She may be persona non grata with Dems now. I’m just not sure.
I’m all about Bernie but know he wouldn’t win the primary. I honestly think the Dems need to look for someone to replace Biden as the front runner and hoping they do it sooner rather then later.

Of course Desantis is the new version of Trumpism so I don’t think the results will change. Either way, I’m hopeful to see the days of Trumpism fade away and maybe only then will we be united.

Two whole years ago in what was probably the most intense and memorable events in his career. And his memory failed him that often…

Just hilariously disingenuous to pretend that, memorable time period or not, anyone under oath could remember everything that was said in thousands of emails spanning multiple years.

But we all know the foundation of any Republican investigation nowadays is simply a big steaming pile of disingenuousness (I'm waiting with bated breath to hear the pretense upon which they impeach Biden).

As I said, none of this Fauci charade is about searching out nuance or finding the truth about COVID. It's just "make the bad doctor man on the other side look real bad to rile up the base" horsesht.

• Care
The Dems put the worst candidate on the planet to run, and Trump STILL lost.

As a country, we are not very good at this.

• Sad
I don’t need or want any PMs. If it’s too boring and you want to close it, you’re the boss.
Take it easy chief. My goal here is to do the least amount possible. Beating a dead horse doesn’t do any of us good - and that goes for both sides of the factions at war.

I have always enjoyed reading your posts btw.

Tulsi Gabbard is horrible.

• Okay...
Reactions: 5 users
That is absolutely HILARIOUS that Gern thinks it would help heal some divisions.
He probably means divisions between pro-Putin republicans and the now smaller number of neutral/anti-Putin republicans remaining.

Tulsi Gabbard is horrible.
Why? Genuinely curious to hear the far left posters' here biggest criticisms of her.
Center left people (the few that are left) like Joe Rogan and Bill Maher seem to love her.
Is it just that she is too far to the center for you or something else? I'm assuming you all are also opposed to politicians gravitating more back to the center, as in we need more people on the center left and center right instead of the extremes which is what we have been gravitating to, and the big problem I see.

He probably means divisions between pro-Putin republicans and the now smaller number of neutral/anti-Putin republicans remaining.
Fake news. Virtually nobody is pro-Putin. Lindsey Graham and his pals are on the right are itching to start a war with him. Autocrats suck. Stop trying to push those who also dislike Zelenskyy as the autocrat he is as pro-Putin. You can be anti-Zelenskyy and anti-Putin. Being opposed to US involvement in Ukraine does not make one "pro-Putin." Ridiculous.

Why? Genuinely curious to hear the far left posters' here biggest criticisms of her.
Center left people (the few that are left) like Joe Rogan and Bill Maher seem to love her.
Is it just that she is too far to the center for you or something else? I'm assuming you all are also opposed to politicians gravitating more back to the center, as in we need more people on the center left and center right instead of the extremes which is what we have been gravitating to, and the big problem I see.
I think you'll be hard pressed to find any far left posters on this board.

• Haha
Fake news. Virtually nobody is pro-Putin. Lindsey Graham and his pals are on the right are itching to start a war with him. Autocrats suck. Stop trying to push those who also dislike Zelenskyy as the autocrat he is as pro-Putin. You can be anti-Zelenskyy and anti-Putin. Being opposed to US involvement in Ukraine does not make one "pro-Putin." Ridiculous.
You can spin it however you like, but Tulsi sure as F is pro-Putin. And trump winning a second term would’ve been the most pro-Putin event in two decades

Lol I think the fact that I own four firearms disqualifies me from being far left.
1FC6FA36-7B45-4F88-A166-F8F2E357DD37.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
She’s on the Ukraine secret service list of public people who promote Russian propaganda. She also endorsed the Florida Parental Rights Bill which outlaws teaching K-3 students sexual orientation and gender orientation because, as you all know, we really needed a bill for that to tell teachers what to do for K-3 students. Sure, she’s perfectly moderate. Just as moderate as well, Trump, Putin, and DeSantis.

• Haha
  • Care
She’s on the Ukraine secret service list of public people who promote Russian propaganda. She also endorsed the Florida Parental Rights Bill which outlaws teaching K-3 students sexual orientation and gender orientation because, as you all know, we really needed a bill for that to tell teachers what to do for K-3 students. Sure, she’s perfectly moderate. Just as moderate as well, Trump, Putin, and DeSantis.

Oh god, of course it's a Ukraine thing. I don't know what to tell you if you can't differentiate from her, Trump, Putin, and DeSantis.
I agree that we shouldn't need a bill to keep public school teachers from discussing human sexuality with children, but here we are...

MirrorTodd, you seem perfectly reasonable. The above is what "far left" looks like. Curious your criticism of Gabbard, if any.

Last edited:
Problem is is that I want the expensive ones. Sig 550, HK MP5, maybe a SAW for funsies.

I spend money on some stuff. The nice things about guns is they are excellent stores of value. I can sell most of mine for more than I paid for them. Same thing with appropriately selected luxury watches and musical instruments. Hobbies or interests that involves stuff that retains value or appreciates are nice.

The conservatives here just can't. get. it. through their thick skulls that most of the issues here we discuss are social issues and being left leaning on those does not make one far left by any stretch.

Reactions: 4 users
The conservatives here just can't. get. it. through their thick skulls that most of the issues here we discuss are social issues and being left leaning on those does not make one far left by any stretch.
I’m far left and woke, a certified socialist liberal but I still am clueless on the use of pronouns but I accept it, just get confused easily.

In an attempt to understand, since you mention social issues, and nobody here will admit to being far left, please give me an example of what you claim is a "far left" position on abortion.

You have a poster, who denies being far left, yet refuses to support to abortion bans beyond 24 weeks up to the moment of full term birth. If not supporting legislation that prohibits elective abortion of 38 week old fetuses doesn't make you far left, then please explain to me what the far left position on abortion is? I honestly don't understand how you can get any farther to the left than not outlawing killing healthy full term babies. I know you aren't going to answer the question, but at least think about what the "far left" position on abortion is and how it differs from yours.

The attempt by the far left to normalize the far left as the normal left and the center as the far right is blatantly obvious and given away by the fact that "far left" can't exist in this attempt to move the goal posts/Overton window as far to the left as they can. Nothing can be far left because the farthest left will always be the mainstream left for progressives. Hence you all lose it over people like Gabbard, Rogan, Maher, etc.

I’m far left and woke, a certified socialist liberal but I still am clueless on the use of pronouns but I accept it, just get confused easily.
You should pause and think about why your highly evolved brain's natural response to this is confusion.

In an attempt to understand, since you mention social issues, and nobody here will admit to being far left, please give me an example of what you claim is a "far left" position on abortion.

You have a poster, who denies being far left, yet refuses to support to abortion bans beyond 24 weeks up to the moment of full term birth. If not supporting legislation that prohibits elective abortion of 38 week old fetuses doesn't make you far left, then please explain to me what the far left position on abortion is? I honestly don't understand how you can get any farther to the left than not outlawing killing healthy full term babies. I know you aren't going to answer the question, but at least think about what the "far left" position on abortion is and how it differs from yours.

The attempt by the far left to normalize the far left as the normal left and the center as the far right is blatantly obvious and given away by the fact that "far left" can't exist in this attempt to move the goal posts/Overton window as far to the left as they can. Nothing can be far left because the farthest left will always be the mainstream left for progressives. Hence you all lose it over people like Gabbard, Rogan, Maher, etc.
Who is that? Cause that's pretty extreme.