Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

What are chances getting off waitlist and when do you think that will happen?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #3
School: Tuft's University
Notification date: 2/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: in state
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/26
Application complete date: 8/29
GPA: cumulative-3.614, science- 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/22/24/general chemistry, 16
Dates available: 2/14
Method of interview: Zoom

Reactions: 1 users
Probably earlier for you than for me. I'm thinking maybe around March or April according to previous threads. Did you send them a LOI?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend just showing your interest! If you're on the waitlist, I think sending them a letter of interest would help!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #3
Notification date: 2/10
Residency: in state
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/26
Application complete date: 8/29
GPA: cumulative-3.614, science- 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/22/24/general chemistry, 16
Dates available: 2/14
When is your presentation?

What days does Tufts normally send out interview invites? Do they always send out acceptances on Fridays?

What days does Tufts normally send out interview invites? Do they always send out acceptances on Fridays?
I know that their presentation is on Monday so I’m guessing they are interviewing every week till March.
On the presentation day, they usually tell you when to expect a decision. I got mine exactly one week after my interview

Did anyone send a letter of interest and receive an interview recently?

Was anyone’s interview one-on-one with a 4th year student?

Anyone know if the scholarships are being offered along with the acceptance email? Or are scholarship offers made at a later time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Tufts allow us to defer our acceptance to next year? If so, under what kind of conditions would we be allowed to defer?

Who do you interview with? Did they say when to expect a decision?
You interview with either a faculty member or a student, I had a faculty member. I believe presentation day said we can expect to hear the 24th!

Interview #3
Notification date: 2/20
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/16
Application complete date: 9/16
GPA: cumulative-3.67, science- 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/23/22/30/no
Dates available: 2/27

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #3
Notification date: 2/20
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/16
Application complete date: 9/16
GPA: cumulative-3.67, science- 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/23/22/30/no
Dates available: 2/27
Congrats. When is your presentation day?

Is your camera on for presentation day? How does that day look like? Can anyone who's interviewed already elaborate please?

Is your camera on for presentation day? How does that day look like? Can anyone who's interviewed already elaborate please?
Presentation day is really cool! It's just a series of informational sessions about the school, curriculum, financial aid, student life etc. It includes a virtual tour and a small breakout session with 2-3 current students. Dress formally and have your camera on! Everyone in the admissions office is super nice, they just want to get to know you!

Did anyone else receive a February interest email in January but not yet receive an interview?

do they usually send out good news first before bad news? They told our group we would hear back sometime between the 9th to 11th.

Has anyone received an interview for an application complete in November?

Does anyone know if there will be a lot of waitlist movement? And if so, when would that be? Feeling anxious about it

Last edited:
Has anyone so far gotten off the waitlist this cycle? or heard anything about movement on that waitlist in general? Not sure how much it moves for Tufts.

Did anyone try sending a letter of intent? I sent them an email but never received a response from them. Are they this bad at replying to you?

Did anyone try sending a letter of intent? I sent them an email but never received a response from them. Are they this bad at replying to you?
I didn’t only because some schools donot like

giving up my seat next week. hoping it goes to someone on the waitlist

They sent out another round of interview invites today. There's still a silver lining this cycle for some👍

They sent out another round of interview invites today. There's still a silver lining this cycle for some👍
I heard that these interview invites are interviews for the waitlist. Do you know if it's for waitlist or for an actual spot?