This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

outdoorsydvm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking about applying to Tufts c/o 2023?? This is my second time applying, and I really loved the school when I visited this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm applying! Tufts is my top choice.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Applying here too!

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone received the supplemental app from tufts yet? I applied June 20th, my app is verified, but haven't received anything yet

I am applying as well. Was wondering if anyone knows how to pay the supplemental application fee, since the supplemental was part of VMCAS?

I am applying as well. Was wondering if anyone knows how to pay the supplemental application fee, since the supplemental was part of VMCAS?

I believe after the deadline closes, we will get a link to pay the supplemental additional fee

Just got the email today confirming they received my application and with the info to pay the supplemental fee!
Eek!! Not that it’s not been real before... BUT ITS GETTING REAL NOW GUYS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the email today confirming they received my application and with the info to pay the supplemental fee!
Eek!! Not that it’s not been real before... BUT ITS GETTING REAL NOW GUYS!

Yeah I paid my supplemental fee. It was the last fee I had for this application cycle. Now all that's left is the waiting....

Does anyone know the approximate timeline of when they send out interview invitations etc?

Does anyone know the approximate timeline of when they send out interview invitations etc?
I think they started sending out invitations around November 22nd last year, and continued for a while. I got that from last years thread.

I applied this cycle, I LOVE this school and campus so fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email today saying that Tufts received my application. The email said over the next few weeks they're checking to see that applicants fulfilled their prerequisite requirements and will ultimately select applicants for interviews via email. They gave a tentative timeline of possible interview dates: December 17, 2018, January 15, 16, 22, 28, and 29, 2019, and February 5, 2019. They said they will send a letter a few weeks in advance containing a specific time and date for an interview if you qualify

I just got an email today saying that Tufts received my application. The email said over the next few weeks they're checking to see that applicants fulfilled their prerequisite requirements and will ultimately select applicants for interviews via email. They gave a tentative timeline of possible interview dates: December 17, 2018, January 15, 16, 22, 28, and 29, 2019, and February 5, 2019. They said they will send a letter a few weeks in advance containing a specific time and date for an interview if you qualify
Me too. I knew they didn't look at my application yet because I did the video essay for the supplemental and I noticed there wasn't any views yet :nailbiting:. It's nice to have the possible interview dates though!

I got this email at work (where I have lousy service) and stood there trembling while it loaded because I didn't know if it was going to be a rejection/interview invitation and my boss (who graduated from Tufts in 2010ish) looked at me like I was crazy...

Anyway, I wonder what it means to have different interview dates? I know when I met with admissions over this summer I was told that because I have outstanding prerequisites that I'm finishing this semester I probably wouldn't "make the first cut" for interview invites but once they got my grades I should be picked no problem. Background: I got a BA in Psychology in 2017 with a Cum GPA of 3.87, I'm finishing a BS in Biology this coming spring and currently have a Cum GPA of 3.89 and a Science GPA of 3.95. I sent my midterm grades this semester for my prerequisites (A in both organic chemistry and biochemistry) and was told Tufts would take those grades into consideration where other schools said they wouldn't.

Basically I'm not expecting to get an interview in December because of those outstanding courses, but I'm hopeful that maybe in January! I just wonder what the difference is between applicants who get invited for interview in January versus those who are invited for February?

I got this email at work (where I have lousy service) and stood there trembling while it loaded because I didn't know if it was going to be a rejection/interview invitation and my boss (who graduated from Tufts in 2010ish) looked at me like I was crazy...

Anyway, I wonder what it means to have different interview dates? I know when I met with admissions over this summer I was told that because I have outstanding prerequisites that I'm finishing this semester I probably wouldn't "make the first cut" for interview invites but once they got my grades I should be picked no problem. Background: I got a BA in Psychology in 2017 with a Cum GPA of 3.87, I'm finishing a BS in Biology this coming spring and currently have a Cum GPA of 3.89 and a Science GPA of 3.95. I sent my midterm grades this semester for my prerequisites (A in both organic chemistry and biochemistry) and was told Tufts would take those grades into consideration where other schools said they wouldn't.

Basically I'm not expecting to get an interview in December because of those outstanding courses, but I'm hopeful that maybe in January! I just wonder what the difference is between applicants who get invited for interview in January versus those who are invited for February?

So I am currently a first year student in vet school (not Tufts, I'm at my in-state) but I got a December interview at Tufts with outstanding courses! So don't let that get you down or make you nervous! Honestly my grades were the same if not a little lower than yours (of course context of what school you went to matters) and I was offered that interview! I think I heard November 21st last year! I interview the 22nd of December and found out I was accepted the 27th of December. I was told at the interview that people they are 100% about will hear back a few days after the interview while other people they will wait and see how others do at their interviews first. So I think they do prioritize candidates they are most confident about, but there is a LOT of wiggle room with the application process, especially since Tufts doesn't offer a huge instate benefit so people are more likely to pick other schools.

Hopefully that helps a little? Idk I'm just procrastinating studying so I figured I'd try to give you an answer :)

Reactions: 1 users
So I am currently a first year student in vet school (not Tufts, I'm at my in-state) but I got a December interview at Tufts with outstanding courses! So don't let that get you down or make you nervous! Honestly my grades were the same if not a little lower than yours (of course context of what school you went to matters) and I was offered that interview! I think I heard November 21st last year! I interview the 22nd of December and found out I was accepted the 27th of December. I was told at the interview that people they are 100% about will hear back a few days after the interview while other people they will wait and see how others do at their interviews first. So I think they do prioritize candidates they are most confident about, but there is a LOT of wiggle room with the application process, especially since Tufts doesn't offer a huge instate benefit so people are more likely to pick other schools.

Hopefully that helps a little? Idk I'm just procrastinating studying so I figured I'd try to give you an answer :)

Wow thank you so much, that is all so good to know!! I would give anything to hear that quickly after an interview
1f605.png
I don't really think I'd be one of the people that they're 100% sure about that soon but it's nice to dream...and I'm glad to hear about when you got your interview invitation! It seems like a lot of the schools I applied to send out their invites historically around the middle of November, so I have a feeling the next couple of weeks are going to be a bit of a roller coaster...Thank you so much for your feedback!!!

My video essay was watched 4 times since last time I checked and it has to have been admissions since no one else would have access to it. I hope this mean they liked it and they were like: "Hey Ford, come watch this, it's amazing" and not like: "Hey Ford, this girls video sucks as much as her GRE".

Reactions: 12 users
My video essay was watched 4 times since last time I checked and it has to have been admissions since no one else would have access to it. I hope this mean they liked it and they were like: "Hey Ford, come watch this, it's amazing" and not like: "Hey Ford, this girls video sucks as much as her GRE".

Hahaha this made me laugh out loud

Reactions: 3 users
I spoke to Ford at one of our school's career days (Tufts vet school was tabling there) and he said that they usually invite regional people to interview sooner than people from far away, and they definitely do multiple waves of invites since they have so many interview days! Just some info I thought would be calming to know lol.

I spoke to Ford at one of our school's career days (Tufts vet school was tabling there) and he said that they usually invite regional people to interview sooner than people from far away, and they definitely do multiple waves of invites since they have so many interview days! Just some info I thought would be calming to know lol.
Right I just know that they sent interview invites on the 20th last year for interviews in December, so if they were following the same schedule we should have heard yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Last year the first wave of interviews was sent at the end of November and continued until January so it could still be a long wait.

I read this at work and started laughing out loud. Thank you for that

Last year the first wave of interviews was sent at the end of November and continued until January so it could still be a long wait.
They started November 20th last year so I was hoping the first wave would have gone out around the same time (yesterday), but no one has said anything about getting invited yet so I'm hoping they haven't sent out the first wave yet

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

They started November 20th last year so I was hoping the first wave would have gone out around the same time (yesterday), but no one has said anything about getting invited yet so I'm hoping they haven't sent out the first wave yet

Yeah they moved the interview date up from last year too so I was hoping they would have sent the first wave by now.

Anyone get anything? Surprised still nothing anxiety killing me

Someone just posted on the APVMA group on facebook that got an interview invitation this morning. So I think first wave is going out (read: screaming internally)

Someone just posted on the APVMA group on facebook that got an interview invitation this morning. So I think first wave is going out (read: screaming internally)
My friend received an invitation to interview for the December 17th date. It's starting!

According to Facebook, someone just got an interview invite today - about 30 minutes ago! So it’s officially starting!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Meh, nothing yet :( I wonder if the first round is all over yet. Do any of you know if they were IS or OOS?

Meh, nothing yet :( I wonder if the first round is all over yet. Do any of you know if they were IS or OOS?
My friend is also OOS. This is the only interview date in december so I wouldn't worry too much, still lots of dates left!

So do you guys think there's any chance they stagger these emails throughout the day, or do you think if we haven't gotten one yet that we are doomed to wait another month?

I’m an IS and I’ve heard that generally (but not exclusively) IS goes on the first few rounds. Does anyone know whether the emails that were sent are just for 12/17 or is it all the dates? (I haven’t gotten any email yet, but I called Tufts at the end of August to let them know if I am offered an interview, I wouldn’t be available on some dates due to conflicts; I may have told them I’m not available the 17th because I have a final exam that day, but I can’t remember)

So do you guys think there's any chance they stagger these emails throughout the day, or do you think if we haven't gotten one yet that we are doomed to wait another month?
I’d imagine we gotta wait another month, which is unfortunate

I called them yesterday and it seems like they send out email notifs about 2-3 weeks before each interview date so we might still have awhile to wait :(

So I hate to ask but was wondering why if we have absolutely no chance of getting in, would they let us know or are they figuring out who they want to interview and then sending out decline emails (or just no contact)?

So I hate to ask but was wondering why if we have absolutely no chance of getting in, would they let us know or are they figuring out who they want to interview and then sending out decline emails (or just no contact)?
I was told by one of the admissions workers that we will either get an invitation to interview, be put on a waitlist to interview, or a decline notice. So we are definitely contacted! I just don't know at what point.