Tufts 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten the financial aid email from Tufts that they mentioned in the email that talks about interview dates? They said it would be sent "soon" but it's been over a month and I haven't gotten anything.....

Can someone post the portal page for Tufts? I can't seem to find it. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd guesstimate first or second week of January

Really? So if interviews are sent out again not until January, then when will those actual interviews take place?

Really? So if interviews are sent out again not until January, then when will those actual interviews take place?

From the list they sent us interview dates are as follows: January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. Last year they sent out invites starting Dec 30th and more the first week of Jan.

Reactions: 1 user
From the list they sent us interview dates are as follows: January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. Last year they sent out invites starting Dec 30th and more the first week of Jan.

Oh wow, so then only giving people a week or two notice.. yikes! Do you get an option of interview date hopefully?

Hi all! A little worried. I have not received any emails from Tufts besides the link to the portal for application fee payment back in Sept. When did you all get the info about the Jan/Feb interview dates and financial aid?

Hi all! A little worried. I have not received any emails from Tufts besides the link to the portal for application fee payment back in Sept. When did you all get the info about the Jan/Feb interview dates and financial aid?

Same here..didn't receive anything after that either.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the email verbatim:
"Greetings from Tufts University!

Thank you for your application for admission to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. We look forward to reading it!

We received almost 1100 applications for the 98 seats in the Class of 2021. This year’s Admissions Committee is composed of twenty members, including two students, and they have the challenge ahead of selecting a class from this talented and accomplished applicant pool.

Over the last few weeks and through the next few weeks, we are checking to be sure that you have fulfilled our prerequisite course requirements and that your letters of evaluation meet the our specifications. If we have any questions, Patty Finger, our admissions coordinator, will email you for clarification.

The admissions committee’s first task is to select applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 16, 2016, January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview.

THESE INTERVIEW LETTERS WILL ARRIVE VIA EMAIL.

You will also receive an important email from our financial aid office soon. Please note that the financial aid application deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2017, for consideration for Tufts financial aid. All required financial documents must be postmarked by this date in order to be considered for financial aid. You should begin the process upon receipt of the application instructions, since there are many intervening steps before your application is considered complete.

The 30 U.S. veterinary schools have agreed upon a common reply date of April 17, 2017. So, if you are admitted to more than one veterinary school, you have until April 17 to notify each school of your decision to attend. Our February 1 financial aid deadline will allow us time to provide your financial aid award before you need to respond to us and other schools by April 17. This should help you to make an informed decision about attending Tufts.

Please feel free to call our office at (508) 839-7920 if you have any questions. On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we wish you the best in this year’s application process.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions"

I got this about Nov 1 if you guys want to check your spam filters or likewise.

Thank you for your application for admission to Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. We look forward to reading it!

We received almost 1100 applications for the 98 seats in the Class of 2021. This year’s Admissions Committee is composed of twenty members, including two students, and they have the challenge ahead of selecting a class from this talented and accomplished applicant pool.

Over the last few weeks and through the next few weeks, we are checking to be sure that you have fulfilled our prerequisite course requirements and that your letters of evaluation meet the our specifications. If we have any questions, Patty Finger, our admissions coordinator, will email you for clarification.

The admissions committee’s first task is to select applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 16, 2016, January 17, 18, 24, 30, and 31, 2017, and February 7, 2017. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview.

You will also receive an important email from our financial aid office soon. Please note that the financial aid application deadline is Wednesday, February 1, 2017, for consideration for Tufts financial aid. All required financial documents must be postmarked by this date in order to be considered for financial aid. You should begin the process upon receipt of the application instructions, since there are many intervening steps before your application is considered complete.

The 30 U.S. veterinary schools have agreed upon a common reply date of April 17, 2017. So, if you are admitted to more than one veterinary school, you have until April 17 to notify each school of your decision to attend. Our February 1 financial aid deadline will allow us time to provide your financial aid award before you need to respond to us and other schools by April 17. This should help you to make an informed decision about attending Tufts.

Please feel free to call our office at (508) 839-7920 if you have any questions. On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we wish you the best in this year’s application process.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions"

I also received that email, it was so long ago that i forgot

Sincerely,

Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions"

Ah! Wait I did receive this! On November 1st. Thank you!

I refresh my email like 40x a day. This process gives me so much anxiety ahhh!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email from them today about FAFSA information but still no interview/deny email

Got an email from them today about FAFSA information but still no interview/deny email
Same here. I got nervous when I first saw the email haha

did they sent de FAFSA email to everyone?

I also got the FAFSA email. I'm assuming they sent it to everyone who applied, or at least that's what they made it sound like.

did they sent de FAFSA email to everyone?

Ima say probably yes. But I did see that people watched my video that I submitted for the supplemental essay! So that's something.

Reactions: 1 users
Those who had interviews on the 16th, how did it go? So anxious for the next wave of invites to go out!

Reactions: 3 users
Wow just got an email saying I got accepted to Tufts... I'm really shocked!

My interview was on the 16th. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I did that well?? I was very nervous and I think it showed. For anyone curious, the interviewers were professors at the university (you get two interviewers). You'll be given a brief CV for both of them in the morning of your interview. The questions they asked were very open ended, which is where I think I struggled. The interview (about 40 min) was more of a conversation than anything. It seems like they were looking at your ability to hold a conversation as well as your understanding of the veterinary field. They asked me specific questions about my application and essay. I might prefer MMI's, haha.

My interview was on the 16th. I'm going to be honest, I didn't think I did that well?? I was very nervous and I think it showed. For anyone curious, the interviewers were professors at the university (you get two interviewers). You'll be given a brief CV for both of them in the morning of your interview. The questions they asked were very open ended, which is where I think I struggled. The interview (about 40 min) was more of a conversation than anything. It seems like they were looking at your ability to hold a conversation as well as your understanding of the veterinary field. They asked me specific questions about my application and essay. I might prefer MMI's, haha.

That's wonderful! Congrats! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ahhh congratulations! :) And thanks for your input about the interview!! Hopefully those of us waiting for invites will find out soon!

I forgot to mention that the interview itself was very casual and lighthearted! I might have made it sound scarier than it actually was, haha. We even talked about topics such as superheroes, Disney movies, and how to keep warm in the north lol

congratulations!! thats so awesome to hear!

I received notice of my acceptance to Tufts today as well! It's still barely setting in that this is real...

As far as the actual interview goes, I felt that it was very much more of a conversation and that you should definitely take the chance to ask questions about the program or Tufts in general. I would definitely recommend having an idea of what you want to say, but make the conversation feel natural!

Just got my acceptance email too. Congratulations everyone! :D

Congrats!! Are you going to pick Tufts most likely?

That's such a quick turnover! Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! The next interviewing day will be January 17th, so I feel as if that wave should be coming around soon if people need to book flights.

So I was just stalking the APVMA Facebook group and someone said that they called and apparently the next wave of invites will be going out "by the end of this week," so hopefully that means tomorrow or Friday! There will also be another wave going out after New Years.

has anyone heard something?

Just called to ask whether interviews will really be sent out today or tomorrow, but it seems like their office is closed for the day. We can all relax...for now!

Are they going to send them today or did they already closed the office for winter break?

Just called again, seems like they're closed for the break, all. Either they already have sent out another wave and no one on SDN received an invite by chance...or they just haven't sent them out yet.

Just called again, seems like they're closed for the break, all. Either they already have sent out another wave and no one on SDN received an invite by chance...or they just haven't sent them out yet.
Thanks for calling for all of us though. I really thought it was going to be today.

When are they back from break? Do you know?

Congrats!! Are you going to pick Tufts most likely?
Tufts isn't my first choice mainly because of costs (lol 60k). If I don't get in to RVC or A&M (my top choices), I'll be happy to attend though!

Does anyone know if Tufts requires that Fall transcripts be sent to the school? If so where? Thank you!

When are they back from break? Do you know?
Unfortunately, I don't know. I haven't been able to find a calendar online either. I would assume they will return after the New Years, but I could be wrong.

Last year they sent out invites on 12/30, which I'm assuming was during their break, so who knows when they're gonna send them haha

Just got an interview invite!!!!! IS so excited !!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users