Tufts 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can people who got interviews post their stats please? It would be really helpful!

Also, have any rejection letters gone out at all or is that all sent out at the same time once all interviews have been offered?
cGPA - 3.52
sGPA - 3.36
last 45 - 3.68

GRE - V 159 Q 154 AW 5.5

I am in the honours program, am president of two student organizations, do research, and have about 1300 hours of SA at mainly two different clinics (exotics included at one of them). I'm lacking large animal veterinary experience almost completely (I've got 8 hours of equine), but I've had experience in high school FFA competitions and handling farm animals (2-3 hours). General animal experience is quite minimal as well, maybe about 150.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody know if Tufts requires Fall Transcripts to be sent by a certain date? Or just a final transcript?

Reactions: 1 user
Posting about this a few weeks late, but I just accepted my offer! Can't wait to meet everyone in the fall!!

Good luck to everyone interviewing in January; I hope everyone who's still waiting to hear gets some good news soon :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo can we talk about weather for a minute? I'm from the way south, and I'm interviewing 2/7. How cold is it going to be really? Do I need snow boots? If it snows too much is the interview canceled? I'm nervous.

i haven't heard anything from them :(

Sooo can we talk about weather for a minute? I'm from the way south, and I'm interviewing 2/7. How cold is it going to be really? Do I need snow boots? If it snows too much is the interview canceled? I'm nervous.

I haven't been to MA before but lived in Chicago and went to NYC once in December. I did need snow boots to walk around but they will be too much indoor. It's gonna be cold, but trust me you won't be able to tell the difference between 30 degrees and 20 degrees :p Also people are used to blizzards so I assume interviews won't be cancelled unless there is a really bad snow storm. Plus we will be on campus and hopefully indoor for most of the time. You will be just fine! For me the worst part of living in the north is that in winter it looks like midnight at 4:30pm! :D

Hope this helps! Would like to also hear more from Boston winter survivors!

Winter weather in New England really tends to fluctuate, so there's really no telling. Snow boots aren't necessary if you have other warm footwear, but if you have them, bring them just in case. It could be in the thirties or below zero, just be prepared for anything. If we get a nor'easter then yes the school will probably shut down and the interview will be canceled. If it's a couple of inches, no but your flight might be. Just keep an eye on the weather and plan for about 8-10 hours of delays or flight changes. My best advice is to try to get a direct flight, that way if you're delayed, you just get in late and don't miss a connecting flight.

I haven't been to MA before but lived in Chicago and went to NYC once in December. I did need snow boots to walk around but they will be too much indoor. It's gonna be cold, but trust me you won't be able to tell the difference between 30 degrees and 20 degrees :p Also people are used to blizzards so I assume interviews won't be cancelled unless there is a really bad snow storm. Plus we will be on campus and hopefully indoor for most of the time. You will be just fine! For me the worst part of living in the north is that in winter it looks like midnight at 4:30pm! :D

Hope this helps! Would like to also hear more from Boston winter survivors!

The tour does go outside no matter how cold it is so bring some warm shoes and jacket! Maybe double up on socks if you can.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm assuming there done sending out interviews?

Good news! I called Tufts today, and they said they still have interview invites and interview waitlist notifications to send out, as well as rejections, which they have not sent out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Good news! I called Tufts today, and they said they still have interview invites and interview waitlist notifications to send out, as well as rejections, which they have not sent out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks so much for calling! Hopefully all of that happens soon, I'm so tired of waiting to hear from all of these schools!

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an email from Tufts saying that my application was put on hold. So in other words, the waiting list. I am not sure if they are sending out rejections or not until all the interviews are done.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that are attending interviews, has anyone e-mailed Giles or Jessica about overnight accommodations? I think I'll be flying in with my father to MA, so not sure if that would be an available option for the both of us.

For those that are attending interviews, has anyone e-mailed Giles or Jessica about overnight accommodations? I think I'll be flying in with my father to MA, so not sure if that would be an available option for the both of us.
The accommodations are with student hosts. Usually we kept those limited to interviewees only, so they'd get the experience of talking to current students before the interviews.

There is an "Interview Additional Information" survey to be finished at least 3 days before our interviews! I just fount it in my application status page.

There is an "Interview Additional Information" survey to be finished at least 3 days before our interviews! I just fount it in my application status page.

Thanks for sharing!! I didn't even think to check the page.

Thank you so much for letting us know! I didn't think to check it either, since they emailed us the invites and didn't mention it.

I grew up in MA; it's impossible to predict the day-of weather this far out. This week it's in the mid 40s in most of New England, but the day I interviewed in December, the daily high was about 12 degrees. Check the weather ~3-4 days before your trip and you'll likely get an accurate forecast.

Snow boots are never a bad idea since we'll probably have built up a layer of snow by Feb 7th, and you'll likely have to tromp through it at some point. Plus, if you ever go skiing, you can use them then! :)

Somewhere (at the interview, I think?) someone told me that the day they interviewed, there was a massive snowstorm, and the school was closed but interviews still happened. I'm not sure if that's still their policy -- usually, if it's truly dangerous to travel, a lot of places in New England will close down and postpone things for another day. Colleges rarely close, though - I think my undergrad closed once during the whole 4 years I was there.

All that said, I wouldn't be nervous about the weather - it's out of everyone's control, so just chalk it up to an interesting New England experience if it gets a little hairy outside during your trip ;)

(...And pack boots, gloves, hat, and WARM jacket. They let you change before & after your interview.)

I'm so excited about this interview!!!! This school is amazing and I know a couple people attending currently.

I'm use to bad weather but I have a feeling Boston is going to blow me away with its snow storms lol =)

Hi everyone! I just called to decline my interview invitation, and was told my spot will go to someone on the interview waitlist. I am honored to have been offered an interview, but I hope the spot will go to one of you lovely SDNers. Good luck to everyone interviewing! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how soon after the interview we get accepted/rejected? Looking back at past years, looked like they all went out at the same time, but is that not the case this time?

Does anyone know how soon after the interview we get accepted/rejected? Looking back at past years, looked like they all went out at the same time, but is that not the case this time?

They'll go out at the same time except for the December interview dates because they're trying to recruit those students before their IS has a chance.

Edit: some of those people will be offered a spot a few weeks after they interview, and some will be notified with the rest of the applicants.

Last edited:
I still havent heard anything from them. Did they already sent the rejection letters?

I still havent heard anything from them. Did they already sent the rejection letters?
I don't think they sent out rejections yet... I had an email sent to me a few days ago saying that I was put on the waitlist, but I received an email today saying I received an interview. So I think they only contacted those who were put on the waitlist or offered interviews....

usually they send out notifications 3rd week in february ...third time applicant and clarified with admissions last week

I know I'm super late to the game (finally decided to get an account) I was accepted 12/19. If anyone wants to chat with me I'd love to discuss the school. So far it's Cornell and Tufts for me. Still waiting on three other schools.

I know I'm super late to the game (finally decided to get an account) I was accepted 12/19. If anyone wants to chat with me I'd love to discuss the school. So far it's Cornell and Tufts for me. Still waiting on three other schools.

You got accepted to 2 so far. I'm so jealous.

Hey guys!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that's possibly still waiting that I'm cancelling my interview spot on the 24th/withdrawing my application because I am accepting my seat at Cornell. I hope someone else gets it, good luck everybody!!! :)

Hey guys!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that's possibly still waiting that I'm cancelling my interview spot on the 24th/withdrawing my application because I am accepting my seat at Cornell. I hope someone else gets it, good luck everybody!!! :)

Congrats KM! Great job, Cornell is lucky to have you!

Is it safe to say that if we haven't gotten an interview invite or an interview waitlist notification that we are rejected? Just trying to weigh my options for next year

Does anyone know if Tufts requires that Fall transcripts be sent to the school? If so where? Thank you!
I sent an email and asked and this is what was sent back to me: Although we don’t technically require applicants to send us fall grades, we certainly welcome official transcripts to be sent after fall term grades are posted. If you have to pay for transcripts, then I might suggest waiting to see if you are invited for an interview or placed on our waiting list for an interview. If you get either of these decisions, then I would certainly recommend that you do send them so we can update your GPA. We accept official electronic transcripts sent to [email protected] or mailed to Office of Admissions at the address below my signature (no preference either way).

Reactions: 6 users
I sent an email and asked and this is what was sent back to me: Although we don’t technically require applicants to send us fall grades, we certainly welcome official transcripts to be sent after fall term grades are posted. If you have to pay for transcripts, then I might suggest waiting to see if you are invited for an interview or placed on our waiting list for an interview. If you get either of these decisions, then I would certainly recommend that you do send them so we can update your GPA. We accept official electronic transcripts sent to [email protected] or mailed to Office of Admissions at the address below my signature (no preference either way).
This is very helpful to know! Thank you!

Is it safe to say that if we haven't gotten an interview invite or an interview waitlist notification that we are rejected? Just trying to weigh my options for next year

Are people getting rejection letters via snail mail? This waiting game is killllllling me!

I just declined my interview so hopefully there will be an opening for someone! Good luck everyone! :)

Just got my rejection. Saw it coming after not hearing anything from them. Good luck to everyone interviewing!

Just got my rejection this morning :(

For anyone else who is planning to apply for the DVM/MPH program, the website says that we're supposed to get an application for the MPH if we've been offered an interview. Any news on that? My inbox is still empty.

I have a question for people who have interviewed already, do you get info on the specific people who will interview you ahead of time? I just received the email for the schedule of events and on that schedule there is a list of the "Faculty Panel", am I right in assuming those are the different interviewers for that day?

When you get there they give you a sheet telling you about both the interviewers (where they went to school, past research). The faculty panel sometimes includes people that interview but they might not all interview and you might not get any of the faculty members in the panel as your interviewer. They pick it based on your interests and past experiences I think. Tufts interview is really laid back..just a conversation. Nothing too scary was asked, just mainly them trying to learn more about what I've done. They are all really friendly..I've interviewed 3 times, and had 6 different faculty members so far and they've all been super friendly. Don't stress about this interview.

When you get there they give you a sheet telling you about both the interviewers (where they went to school, past research). The faculty panel sometimes includes people that interview but they might not all interview and you might not get any of the faculty members in the panel as your interviewer. They pick it based on your interests and past experiences I think. Tufts interview is really laid back..just a conversation. Nothing too scary was asked, just mainly them trying to learn more about what I've done. They are all really friendly..I've interviewed 3 times, and had 6 different faculty members so far and they've all been super friendly. Don't stress about this interview.
Thank you!

Currently wait-listed for an interview with only 4 interview dates left until February 7th! I'm wondering if anyone was in the same boat and was offered an interview? If so, how soon was your interview from the time you received your interview offer. I'm only slightly freaking out because there's only about 3 weeks left. :eek:

hi guys! in the Tufts interview info email they said to bring a change of clothes for the tours so we don't have to walk around in our business attire. I was just wondering what people were going to be wearing for that portion of the day?

hi guys! in the Tufts interview info email they said to bring a change of clothes for the tours so we don't have to walk around in our business attire. I was just wondering what people were going to be wearing for that portion of the day?

I am planning on bringing a long warm coat so I can just put it on when we need to go outside. I will wear short boots and not heels for sure, but I am still debating on whether I should bring snow boots as my suit pants will not go into snow boots.. And I am going all by myself so no one will help me carry a big bag with coat, snow boots and pants. I will probably decide later depending on the weather.

I'm planning on being extremely cold (#floridaproblems) so I will for sure have warm snow-type boots and a puffy coat and whatever else I need to stay warm.

I'm planning to bring a comfy change (jeans, boots, sweater). Does anybody know what the parking situation is?

Reactions: 1 users